IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

From late January onwards Jags went from being the shell of the player he is to one of the best centre halfs in the league. He was a one man wall in some key games.

Lukaku should have had a hat trick against Leicester in a key game, missed absolute sitters. There were other games also where he just did not compete.

Lukaku should have had a hat trick against Leicester in a key game, missed absolute sitters. There were other games also where he just did not compete.

Yes he may have and probably should buy you're still ignoring the fact that he was just one of many who didnt perform. At least Rom performed every couple of games, unlike some of the players we had (Ross, Tim, Leighton, Seamus, Barry, McCarthy).

I just hope he passes the penalty back to Baines next year....he makes me so nervous haha.

Anyone know his record for pens last year?

I dont remember him missing one but I regularly go upstairs to get something and by the time I get to the top I forget what I went up for so he could have missed 3.

Seriously? What is that this lad has over us or more to the point some of you fans. His interview is mischievous at best and disrespectful at worst.

If your Mrs turned around and said she wanted to be with someone who was gonna be able to take her on a world cruise, live in a 7 bedroom house and drive a Aston Martin would her words of "well that may be with you if you can match my ambitions" Would you be pleased about that?

He's making wrong noises and it's poor. He needs to shut the fuck up. I think a club that spends £28m on a striker is showing ambition, it's just that ten league goals off him ain't quite up to scratch...

Ahhhb but Europa!!!! Yeah, Europa doesn't stop you getting relegated.

Missed this one, and its brilliant.

You see, Rom saying he wants to win things; that is showing ambition - "a strong desire to do or to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work."

Spending lots of money (still not 28m) shows you've got money to spend and nothing more.

Next, show me where he says "I want to leave because I can't win things here". You can't, because he hasn't said it and there's not a single bad word directed at his manager, team mates or the club. You're wanting to see it, this disrespect etc. I say that because I can't believe you're so gullible as to believe that everything quoted (or not quoted, as I've already proven) and edited / twisted by Murdochs gossip spinning machines is fact. Unless you're reading between the lines, in which case there's no point discussing it; you've made your mind up based on what you think he said, rather than what he actually said.

Mocking his European contribution is just hypocritcal. You're constantly moaning about interpreting stats and having them twisted but the fact is, his goals carried us as far as we did. Whilst he had an average season, he is not responsible for the teams average season. 10 goals in the league is a fucking miracle considering how he was played in the first half of the season (more an AMC to link up play, a position he had no right playing in. which you lambasted him for not being good at, rather than criticizing the tactics which put him in that position) and the fact the service levels were absolutely appalling. Where's your "balanced" criticism of Barkley, or anyone else for that matter? Doesn't exist, partly because you're not balanced in this debate (you're the only person who thinks you are) but there is also nowhere near the same volume despite several players having much worse seasons, not to mention the manager.

What has the lad over us? Nothing. Most of us are just accepting the facts on paper and the potential for improvement. I'd argue the real question is; what has Rom done to you?

Missed this one, and its brilliant.

You see, Rom saying he wants to win things; that is showing ambition - "a strong desire to do or to achieve something, typically requiring determination and hard work."

Spending lots of money (still not 28m) shows you've got money to spend and nothing more.

Next, show me where he says "I want to leave because I can't win things here". You can't, because he hasn't said it and there's not a single bad word directed at his manager, team mates or the club. You're wanting to see it, this disrespect etc. I say that because I can't believe you're so gullible as to believe that everything quoted (or not quoted, as I've already proven) and edited / twisted by Murdochs gossip spinning machines is fact. Unless you're reading between the lines, in which case there's no point discussing it; you've made your mind up based on what you think he said, rather than what he actually said.

Mocking his European contribution is just hypocritcal. You're constantly moaning about interpreting stats and having them twisted but the fact is, his goals carried us as far as we did. Whilst he had an average season, he is not responsible for the teams average season. 10 goals in the league is a fucking miracle considering how he was played in the first half of the season (more an AMC to link up play, a position he had no right playing in. which you lambasted him for not being good at, rather than criticizing the tactics which put him in that position) and the fact the service levels were absolutely appalling. Where's your "balanced" criticism of Barkley, or anyone else for that matter? Doesn't exist, partly because you're not balanced in this debate (you're the only person who thinks you are) but there is also nowhere near the same volume despite several players having much worse seasons, not to mention the manager.

What has the lad over us? Nothing. Most of us are just accepting the facts on paper and the potential for improvement. I'd argue the real question is; what has Rom done to you?

Off base Matt. He's making all the noises that he wants to move. Personally I think if an offer came in from a CL club he'd stamp his feet and walk this summer. If given the opportunity he'd jump ship in a click

It doesn't take much to read into his comments Matt. We all know his intentions and if a CL club came in he'd want to go.

I don't doubt that, but since no one has made an approach, what good is "reading into his comments"? Moreover, they're likely prepared statements by his agent, who arranges the interviews to make them some extra cash, so don't read too much into comments that are not likely his.

The statement is that he wants to win. Great, we want him to win too, because he's an Everton player and that means he'd be winning with us. The moment he starts moping and dragging his feet, I'll pack his bags for him. He has said he is happy at us, that he wants to win - I see nothing more to discuss.

His price must have dropped this season, same as Ross.

We need to keep him and give him chance to fulfill his own potential and belief.

He really believes he cam be big, so just maybe he can be.

He's already proven on several occasions he can be, he just needs to do it more consistently. If the team start playing better, I expect him to thrive (as will Ross)

I don't think we would. If he was at another team would we pay £30m+ for him?

There aren't that many sides out there who can afford to pay it, even less than can afford it and he would improve their side.

don't think premier league man, remember he's belgian not english so playing elsewhere is fine with him. Wolfsburg would gladly pay, so would atletico, and after the immobile disaster i'd imagine dortmund would be in the mix as well. he'd go easy for that much if we put him in the window for sale.

I think what he said has been given a dose of serious over-reaction powder!

For me he was average this season.

I know many don't think it matters, but to me it does.

Ten league goals..including penalty...not sure how many....is below average.

1 outfield goal since January is again...below average.

He will improve next season, and like many have said, that could make him a 25 goal a season player.

I would just like to see the bulk of the in the premier.

He's already proven on several occasions he can be, he just needs to do it more consistently. If the team start playing better, I expect him to thrive (as will Ross)

Maybe if we can find a bet tree r link up player they both might benefit.

Maybe Cleverly could be that simple...receive the ball...turn...pass it forward.

Be interesting to know peoples thoughts about his appearance or whatever that was last night. Stunk the place out. He wants to play in big games? That was a big game, watched the game in cala dor and spoke to a belgian, he was disgusted in the work rate and complete lack of passion in him - along with a few others.

Personally I'm not arsed about Belgium, I am concerned though about our £28m investment. I would take what we paid for him. Has no fire in his belly, if he played as good as he talks he would be fine.

Be interesting to know peoples thoughts about his appearance or whatever that was last night. Stunk the place out. He wants to play in big games? That was a big game, watched the game in cala dor and spoke to a belgian, he was disgusted in the work rate and complete lack of passion in him - along with a few others.

Personally I'm not arsed about Belgium, I am concerned though about our £28m investment. I would take what we paid for him. Has no fire in his belly, if he played as good as he talks he would be fine.

I didn't see it, but the Belgium manager said he (and Benteke) stood there like poles :unsure:. Not things you want to hear about your two main strikers (with one of them being ours!).

Apparently the entire team didn't play that well but we'll highlight Lukaku because he's only 22 and like arabica coffee.

Player ratings seem to suggest Benteke was the worse of the two but we won't mention that, hey Haf?

http://www.goal.com/en/match/wales-vs-belgium/1653278/ratings

Apparently? I told you they didn't. I watched it - lukaku was awful. Poor touch, bad passes, no runs.

It's ok you may be able to do some point scoring later if mcgeady plays and does Jack shit

Apparently? I told you they didn't. I watched it - lukaku was awful. Poor touch, bad passes, no runs.

It's ok you may be able to do some point scoring later if mcgeady plays and does Jack shit

So quick to defend mcGeady, so quick to burn Rom.

They're both different players, yet they suffer from the same thing. They both have potential to be great, yet aren't living up to it. Everton have thankfully seen more of one than the other and McGeady can either turn up or fuck off.

He's partly responsible for making Rom successful, yet he's failed this (and last) year. If McGeady did his job, maybe Rom would do his.

I don't argue that Rom isn't performing how he should be, because he should be a lot better but ultimately what he does on the international stage, I couldn't really give a flying fuck about, its what they do in Blue that matters.