IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I'm noticing more and more how incredibly crap he is with his right foot, Only saw the highlights but when lukaku was through on goal after the penalty miss would he have been better slamming it with his right instead of trying to dink it past with his left? He is always trying to get the ball in his left!? Wasn't that attempted shite pass to mirallis with his right??

I'll get me coat!

What. The. Hell.

If you haven't been keeping up with Romelu's story, then I forgive you, but if this is another very cheap, oldschool Haf, Lukaku-antagonizing oneliner, then gtfo please.

Whats changed since the 6th March? Or didn't you get a chance to reply in the last week?

25 goals 6 assists so far, with 10 premier leagues matches to go and 1 FA cup match (for sure, possibly another). what a player, i keep saying it and will continue to do so, he's 22 years old. We've got a genuine world beater at the club, and I'm sure Moshiri will want to do anything to keep him.

i hope he gets 30 goals, would be a fantastic milestone.

Making his 28 million price tag (which I thought was quite hefty) look like a real bargain only a couple of goals away from 30 for the season.

That's not happened since Lineker was at the club. The scariest part of this is he's only a kid really and can improve so much more. Just hope it's in an Everton shirt!

Yeah for sure there can be questions asked about certain parts of his game. Certain parts which frustrate.

But at the end of the day, he's proving to be someone who, even when not at his best, is still a goal threat.

The thing that has done me in a bit recently is his understanding with Barkley. Both of them need to work at that...it can still be quite wasteful.

Yeah for sure there can be questions asked about certain parts of his game. Certain parts which frustrate.

But at the end of the day, he's proving to be someone who, even when not at his best, is still a goal threat.

The thing that has done me in a bit recently is his understanding with Barkley. Both of them need to work at that...it can still be quite wasteful.

It would really help if Barkley could stay closer to him. He comes far too deep, far too often.

25 goals 6 assists so far, with 10 premier leagues matches to go and 1 FA cup match (for sure, possibly another). what a player, i keep saying it and will continue to do so, he's 22 years old. We've got a genuine world beater at the club, and I'm sure Moshiri will want to do anything to keep him.

i hope he gets 30 goals, would be a fantastic milestone.

Shit first touch though!

Yeah, and if Barkley could 'decide' a bit quicker. And Lukaku make better runs, like yesterday.

You see enough signs that they can tear it right up...its just not quite 'automatic' yet.

In Rom's loan season they seemed to have a telepathic link, but in the two following seasons it's not been evident for the most part. Not sure why really.

Shit first touch though!

"When you have Romelu lukaku up front and your defender plays a long ball into him it makes the game so much easier. I tell all my midfielders to push up safe in the knowledge that he will control and look after the ball and not be exposed by a counter attack." Marc Willmotts.

"When you have Romelu lukaku up front and your defender plays a long ball into him it makes the game so much easier. I tell all my midfielders to push up safe in the knowledge that he will control and look after the ball and not be exposed by a counter attack." Marc Willmotts.

So he hasn't got a shit first touch then!

The parts of the game that you question could well be down to the fact we don't play to his strengths all the time.

Just on the point about Barkley didn't he set up both goals for Lukaku yesterday? (okay the first was more down to Lukaku but the ball for his second was perfect)

https://twitter.com/skysportsnewshq/status/708927578950733824

With stats like that I couldn't give a flying fuck if he had a bad first touch anyway

I do agree with Haf he has his shortfalls and his touch can be atrocious but he's young will develop and as long as he hits the back of the net I couldn't give a toss for the most part

Abit more grit in his game like we saw yesterday and the lad will be big big force I just hope we can keep hold of him next season and beyond

In Rom's loan season they seemed to have a telepathic link, but in the two following seasons it's not been evident for the most part. Not sure why really.

I have a feeling that's growing pains more than anything. Barkley's getting better and as he becomes more confident in his scoring ability he holds on to the ball. The challenge, or next step, is threading passes like he did yesterday and finding the balance of score or assist.

http://www.football365.com/news/romelu-lukaku-the-ridiculous-statistics

More praise for the big man. He's worth everything and I'm glad he felt that at Goodison last night. I'm quietly confident that they'll get him and some of the others to sign new contracts. They have to be looking at Leicester and Spurs right now and think 'we can compete'. At least that's how I think.

I hope he's ours for a long time. Sure we could sell him for £50m-£60m this summer but we'd lose more than we'd gain. The shouts of replacing him with Bony for instance are laughable IMO. I'd put money on him not even getting half as many goals as Rom.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ossie looks a bit happy in that! Great picture.