IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Well this is going round in circles isn't it?!

It is. It is indeed. It seems player interviews and articles written by journos invalidate the need to have our own opinions.

For me reading between the lines he has already gone. He seems very very comfortable with how things are. No surly overtones in the interview, more or less pre empting the fact that he's going to a champions league club... his agent has this, that's what he's saying.

He will go to PSG, man city and become a rotational striker. £60m is my guess.

Edited by Hafnia

It is. It is indeed. It seems player interviews and articles written by journos invalidate the need to have our own opinions.

For me reading between the lines he has already gone. He seems very very comfortable with how things are. No surly overtones in the interview, more or less pre empting the fact that he's going to a champions league club... his agent has this, that's what he's saying.

He will go to PSG, man city and become a rotational striker. £60m is my guess.

Sadly, I don't think Everton will match his ambition.

I'd say on our day, with Martinez leaving his ego in the changing room, we are a top 4 team.Just think Rom's probably got itchy feet and greedy agent.

If he was playing up front for Leicester City and they won the prem and qualified for champions league, I can still imagin he'd be looking for a move.

Hope I'm wrong and that we finish the season strongly, he get's offered a new contract and goes on to become a regular 30 goal a season player.At the same time Barkley and Stones become the players everyone expects and we buy well.......and take Rom and company into the top 4.

I also think he wants to play for a "kudos club"... personally I do not think he will find anywhere near the same comfort and enjoyment at another club. That will not stop him though but I do think it will impact on his goals.

Put simply, a club that is in the champions league and chasing titles will not tolerate any of his "down time" games that we seen from January through most of February. This is probably what he needs. He knows he doesn't have competition at Everton and it has shown. The problem is there is a fine line with him.

To get the best out of him he needs to be on his toes.

Double page article in the Telegraph Sport today on Rom. The introduction states 'Romelu Lukaku tells Chris Bascombe he is grateful to :Everton for believing in him but is ready to take next step'.

Extract from article: 'It is Lukaku's exasperation at Everton's league position of 12th that is most evident in this conversation.'

Double page article in the Telegraph Sport today on Rom. The introduction states 'Romelu Lukaku tells Chris Bascombe he is grateful to :Everton for believing in him but is ready to take next step'.

Extract from article: 'It is Lukaku's exasperation at Everton's league position of 12th that is most evident in this conversation.'

Which is disgusting with the quality of players we have. Yet this manager gets the ride the wave on the basis of cup runs! Everton should be in the top six comfortably and going on cup run. Far too much dog shit in people's eyes.... But wait 6th is still achievable right? Laughable.

Lukaku could well do a bit of inward analysis in the same vein. He himself is like a microcosm of Everton - capable of truly breathtaking things but ultimately you often leave scratching your head saying "will the real one please turn up"

I don't think he has any grounds for being pious.

Lukaku could well do a bit of inward analysis in the same vein. He himself is like a microcosm of Everton - capable of truly breathtaking things but ultimately you often leave scratching your head saying "will the real one please turn up"

I agree.

True.

Just watched an interview with him on BT Sports...he says he analysis' his game for 3 hours a day. He speaks sense but also gives me a feeling that, I don't know, maybe over values himself???

Bit of a strange one.

Yes and yes !

Yes we can talk about one player........it's his thread.

And yes, the 'loads' of balls into the box were shite.

Ha! But you've done a journalist job on me there and missed out part of what I said and the context it was said in.

Very unusual on here that (insert sarcasm emoji!!).

Of our three golden boys Lukaku is the only one who would make me worried about where we're going.

Losing Stones wouldn't hit us hard at all. Even losing Barkley wouldn't be the end of the world due to just how little influence he has on many games, but I don't want to lose him mind because once he gets that inconsistency sorted he's going to be great. Losing Lukaku though would hit us massively, and I don't believe that any of the replacements we could bring in would do as good a job.

Liverpool shouldn't have signed Benteke after his Achilles Tendon injury - simple as that.

Look at the list of players who suffered a torn Achilles and look what happened to them afterwards:-

Yakubu - was a machine till he tore his. Never the same again

John Barnes - completely lost his pace and most of his brilliance.

Mark Lawrenson - retired not long after doing his - was a rapid defender and lost all pace

Neil Webb - did his after moving toi Man United and was never the same

Beckham - tore his at 34/35 and was pretty much the end anyway

Charles NZogbia - tore his a few years ago, not seen much since

I had achilles tendonitis for the best part of a year and it was horrible - you literally can't push off the deck, ability to turn, accelerate jump goes.

Edited by Hafnia