Sign in to follow this  
Romey 1878

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

You raved about rashford. He took a bad touch and scored thanks to really poor defending. Lukaku flicked it on to him. Imagine how many goals the team would've scored had we got players closer to him. That is the main difference about Lukaku yesterday and when he was here. 

Second goal was a superb through ball from Lukaku, won the ball shielded it, squared up to goal and slipped it through all in a moment, had say deep Bruyne done it people would be highlighting how well he done. Mata hits the shot it falls to rashford who scores again thanks to their RB being rubbish. 

Superb through ball? He stood his ground and hit a simple ball. De bruyne?! Ffs stop chatting shit... he makes passes that cuts through 4 players.  On a totally different level - platini level.

Rashford took a poor first touch.... well thats' what he said.... His second and third made an outstanding goal. Wouldn't see lukaku score a goal like that... hasn't got the feet. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Superb through ball? He stood his ground and hit a simple ball. De bruyne?! Ffs stop chatting shit... he makes passes that cuts through 4 players.  On a totally different level - platini level.

Rashford took a poor first touch.... well thats' what he said.... His second and third made an outstanding goal. Wouldn't see lukaku score a goal like that... hasn't got the feet. 

Crack on, great goal... Let's just forget about the poor touch and awful defending because unless it's Lukaku i the only thing that matters is the it ended up in the back of the net. Your arguments are so unbalanced and selective it's embarrassing. 

30 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Crack on, great goal... Let's just forget about the poor touch and awful defending because unless it's Lukaku i the only thing that matters is the it ended up in the back of the net. Your arguments are so unbalanced and selective it's embarrassing. 

He's been bang average this season! He cost £90m.... extortionate.

You reckon he would score the goal tosun scored? Nope. Hasn't got the feet to pull off that crisp one two with Baines.... he can't physically bully defenders like tosun unless he has a rare moment where he feels like he needs to put the effort in.

I'm alright at spotting overhyped players... deli alli for one is proving that. 

7 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's been bang average this season! He cost £90m.... extortionate.

You reckon he would score the goal tosun scored? Nope. Hasn't got the feet to pull off that crisp one two with Baines.... he can't physically bully defenders like tosun unless he has a rare moment where he feels like he needs to put the effort in.

He's on 14 goals and 7 assists which puts him on course to be involved in 26 goals for the season. Not bad considering he's playing under one of the most defensive managers in the league.

Don't see how his price is relevant but at his age he's more than worth it, if anything we sold him cheap. We've spent £200 million on the side and found ourselves in a worse position. 

You're alright for patting yourself on the back more like. You've had more duds than any one on here. You've named every striker under the sun and they have mostly stunk. Welbeck, RSC, Bent, and Benteke off the top of my head. I'm sure there's many more. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's on 14 goals and 7 assists which puts him on course to be involved in 26 goals for the season. Not bad considering he's playing under one of the most defensive managers in the league.

Don't see how his price is relevant but at his age he's more than worth it, if anything we sold him cheap. We've spent £200 million on the side and found ourselves in a worse position. 

You're alright for patting yourself on the back more like. You've had more duds than any one on here. You've named every striker under the sun and they have mostly stunk. Welbeck, RSC, Bent, and Benteke off the top of my head. I'm sure there's many more. 

"Involved goals"..... getting desperate aren't we.   You had him down for 30 prem goals or something daft.... before a ball had been kicked... under mourinho unless I'm mistaken.

United have scored 1 less goal than spurs... not sure how you defensive argument stands up there.  Kane has 24 prem goals vs lukakus 14 and has played almost 100 minutes less. Go figure.... maybe you will hang heavily on the 5 extra assists lukaku has?  Which let's face it I can chalk 3 or 4 off as ridiculous 5 yard passes to martial and pogba who rattled them in from 30 yards.  Assists are a load of shite... quite often the key pass is the one before the assist.... watch 100 goals and you can get 70% will have the critical pass or piece of skill one ball before the final pass. See pienaar in general. 

Those strikers you named were my budget choices at around £10m or less who could have done lukakus job for us.

As it happens we have a Turkish lad who already shows a more rounded game than lukaku will ever have with as just a keen eye for goal. At a quarter of his price..... 

47 minutes ago, hafnia said:

"Involved goals"..... getting desperate aren't we.   You had him down for 30 prem goals or something daft.... before a ball had been kicked... under mourinho unless I'm mistaken.

United have scored 1 less goal than spurs... not sure how you defensive argument stands up there.  Kane has 24 prem goals vs lukakus 14 and has played almost 100 minutes less. Go figure.... maybe you will hang heavily on the 5 extra assists lukaku has?  Which let's face it I can chalk 3 or 4 off as ridiculous 5 yard passes to martial and pogba who rattled them in from 30 yards.  Assists are a load of shite... quite often the key pass is the one before the assist.... watch 100 goals and you can get 70% will have the critical pass or piece of skill one ball before the final pass. See pienaar in general. 

Those strikers you named were my budget choices at around £10m or less who could have done lukakus job for us.

As it happens we have a Turkish lad who already shows a more rounded game than lukaku will ever have with as just a keen eye for goal. At a quarter of his price..... 

The ones I named there were all sold for similar prices to Lukaku if you adjust for football inflation at some point in their career. We made £60m profit on a get you said we'd be lucky to get half our money back for. He went for 6x what you thought he was worth. Let that sink in then. Now see why your opinion on strikers is laughable. Go on, Harry Kane blah blah blah. 

33 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The ones I named there were all sold for similar prices to Lukaku if you adjust for football inflation at some point in their career. We made £60m profit on a get you said we'd be lucky to get half our money back for. He went for 6x what you thought he was worth. Let that sink in then. Now see why your opinion on strikers is laughable. Go on, Harry Kane blah blah blah. 

Were they bollocks!  Talkin shite as usual. 

At the time we had lukaku for £27m beneteke was an £8m buy who went for £40m in 2015.... welbeck a proposed £10m buy who went for £18m in 2015....

The transfer fees went sky high. Lukaku in a stagnant market would have gone for a bit more than what we ended up paying for him admittedly but £90m is a joke.

Question.... how much would you be preoared to pay for Harry Kane if he was happy to play for us?

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Were they bollocks!  Talkin shite as usual. 

At the time we had lukaku for £27m beneteke was an £8m buy who went for £40m in 2015.... welbeck a proposed £10m buy who went for £18m in 2015....

The transfer fees went sky high. Lukaku in a stagnant market would have gone for a bit more than what we ended up paying for him admittedly but £90m is a joke.

Question.... how much would you be preoared to pay for Harry Kane if he was happy to play for us?

He went to Palace for £27m rising to £32m before that about £30m to Liverpool. Pretty sure you've consistently said he's better and worth more than Lukaku which is just laughable. 

Should've held out for the neymar transfer to go through, we'd be got even more. 

Nothing. I'd rather buy Son if we could. A player I said we should go for when he was on their bench struggling to get a game. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He went to Palace for £27m rising to £32m before that about £30m to Liverpool. Pretty sure you've consistently said he's better and worth more than Lukaku which is just laughable. 

Should've held out for the neymar transfer to go through, we'd be got even more. 

Nothing. I'd rather buy Son if we could. A player I said we should go for when he was on their bench struggling to get a game. 

No.... he went to Liverpool for £40m in july 2015.... then to palace for £28m in 2016.  Pre achilles injury I would have taken benteke. 

Let me just get this right....  you wouldn't buy Harry Kane for anything???  I never asked about son... I would have him in a heartbeat too. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

No.... he went to Liverpool for £40m in july 2015.... then to palace for £28m in 2016.  Pre achilles injury I would have taken benteke. 

Let me just get this right....  you wouldn't buy Harry Kane for anything???  I never asked about son... I would have him in a heartbeat too. 

The shite paid £32.5m for him. So you’re both wrong :P 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s incorrect. His release clause was £32.5m and the shite met it. 

I've just sense checked a good few transfers and they look right.... but schneiderlin from Southampton to United was inflated and that looked like it was sue to add ons

Just now, hafnia said:

I've just sense checked a good few transfers and they look right.... but schneiderlin from Southampton to United was inflated and that looked like it was sue to add ons

It’s wrong, Haf. Don’t make me have to go on a red shite site and then post a link to it here. Rest assured they paid £32.5m as that was his release clause, not over £40m. 

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s wrong, Haf. Don’t make me have to go on a red shite site and then post a link to it here. Rest assured they paid £32.5m as that was his release clause, not over £40m. 

Well what ever it was turned out to be a waste of money.

On 11/03/2018 at 17:40, hafnia said:

On Sundays performance I wouldn’t mind that sort of overhyped player in our team! 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

On Sundays performance I wouldn’t mind that sort of overhyped player in our team! 

On his performance against real Madrid I wouldn't... then again I would love the Fellaini we seen against man city, the lukaku we seen in the first derby, loads of players look great once in a while.

Alli has been getting questioned quite rightly of recent.  I would sooner have Jesse lingard even he does have a face like an annoying kid. 

Close the thread.  It appears he no longer is a footballer and has instead decided to become a complete and utter full time tosspot... ladies and gentlemen.... everything that is wrong with the game right there. What a prick.  I thought it was bad watching George green do boats and hoes 

No doubt this is because he joined Roc-nation. Definitely feels like a Jay-Z production. Either way, doesn't mean he doesn't care about the sport. 

He came from nothing and has made a career for himself. Let him brag. Who gives a fuck?

5 minutes ago, sibdane said:

No doubt this is because he joined Roc-nation. Definitely feels like a Jay-Z production. Either way, doesn't mean he doesn't care about the sport. 

He came from nothing and has made a career for himself. Let him brag. Who gives a fuck?

Pretentious shite and comes across like a materialistic prick.  Imagine a Roy Keane, Gerrard, Peter Reid, souness, Alan shearer doing this? 

The nob head will be getting photographed smoking fat cigars with stacks of hundred dollar bills in his hands next. 

Watered down milk my arse. The prick is so far removed from normal that I question if he ever did struggle. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Pretentious shite and comes across like a materialistic prick.  Imagine a Roy Keane, Gerrard, Peter Reid, souness, Alan shearer doing this? 

The nob head will be getting photographed smoking fat cigars with stacks of hundred dollar bills in his hands next. 

Watered down milk my arse. The prick is so far removed from normal that I question if he ever did struggle. 

They wouldn't because they're in a different generation of footballers. What Lukaku will become the norm, no matter how cringeworthy it is. 

9 minutes ago, sibdane said:

They wouldn't because they're in a different generation of footballers. What Lukaku will become the norm, no matter how cringeworthy it is. 

Will Harry McGuire, Jordan Pickford, John Jo Kenny, Kyle Walker??? No.

I'm afraid it just points to the fact that lukaku is a 24 carat prick.  Watered down milk.... my fookin arse.  If he did live on the headline then he certainly hasn't remembered his roots. 

He's like one of the annoying insecure pricks on Facebook who live their lives on social media in order to try and convince themselves and others that they have a perfect life... it's all based on what they think is important (and what they feel will make others envious).... cars, money, houses etc.  False.

Humans have simple basic needs.... shelter and food and water. The rest is all materialistic and in reality of very little value in comparison. That's why they are forever chasing.... why did Tyson and Michael Jackson blow all that money? They were deeply troubled men who had no real security in their lives. 

Look at Tommy fleetwood.... probably worth far more than lukaku.  His life is his wife and baby.  Still hangs round with the same friends ... grounded... humble and genuinely looks like he's loving life cos he knows what is important. 

16 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Will Harry McGuire, Jordan Pickford, John Jo Kenny, Kyle Walker??? No.

I'm afraid it just points to the fact that lukaku is a 24 carat prick.  Watered down milk.... my fookin arse.  If he did live on the headline then he certainly hasn't remembered his roots. 

He's like one of the annoying insecure pricks on Facebook who live their lives on social media in order to try and convince themselves and others that they have a perfect life... it's all based on what they think is important (and what they feel will make others envious).... cars, money, houses etc.  False.

Humans have simple basic needs.... shelter and food and water. The rest is all materialistic and in reality of very little value in comparison. That's why they are forever chasing.... why did Tyson and Michael Jackson blow all that money? They were deeply troubled men who had no real security in their lives. 

Look at Tommy fleetwood.... probably worth far more than lukaku.  His life is his wife and baby.  Still hangs round with the same friends ... grounded... humble and genuinely looks like he's loving life cos he knows what is important. 

You're too worried about Lukaku. Move on. 

2 hours ago, sibdane said:

You're too worried about Lukaku. Move on. 

I dont worry about him.

You argued the point that it's a generation thing..... I proved that it's more of a dickhead thing.  

A bit like Glenn hoddle getting fully into singing "diamond lights" in the 80's and thinking he is part of hall & oates.   

Lukaku is as irritating as lewis hamilton. 

15 hours ago, hafnia said:

I dont worry about him.

You argued the point that it's a generation thing..... I proved that it's more of a dickhead thing.  

A bit like Glenn hoddle getting fully into singing "diamond lights" in the 80's and thinking he is part of hall & oates.   

Lukaku is as irritating as lewis hamilton. 

You didn't prove anything besides the fact you take any chance to have a go at him. All I can think is why are you still dwelling on what he's doing? 

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

You didn't prove anything besides the fact you take any chance to have a go at him. All I can think is why are you still dwelling on what he's doing? 

You said it's a generation thing. I proved it isn'tt. End of that part. 

Dwelling on what he is still doing??? If someone puts up a video of an Everton or Ex Everton player on here I tend to take a look.  On this occasion the video was fucking cringe of the highest order.  

Then again why am I surprised? The blokes a tit.  Last year was his top gun style video with pogba. 

What a role model!

Going to LA sums him up, full of pretentious, vain, narcissistic people with no culture.

Seamus bought the hotel near his home in Donegal  when it went bust, saving the jobs of the staff and helping the local economy, that's remembering your upbringing.

12 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

What a role model!

Going to LA sums him up, full of pretentious, vain, narcissistic people with no culture.

Seamus bought the hotel near his home in Donegal  when it went bust, saving the jobs of the staff and helping the local economy, that's remembering your upbringing.

But did he ever have to water down his milk though?

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Very strange, 100% it will be "to prolong his club career" excuse. Those couple of extra games a year must be oh so damaging to his long term career...

22 minutes ago, aaron said:

Very strange, 100% it will be "to prolong his club career" excuse. Those couple of extra games a year must be oh so damaging to his long term career...

No doubt he will use the international breaks before retiring to get interviews done for his final move to the club he seems good enough (before joining LA Galaxy where he can bling away to his hearts content)

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed aaron, i think he will just want the time off.  i don't blame him.  those guys are non stop traveling 8 months of the year and if euro or WC then 11 months of the year.  he doesn't have a family, but if he did he would never see them.

Aaron was being sarcastic MJB. 

It's an odd way to be thinking for the lad. He's been in one semi final and he disappeared. It seems like it "never did it for him" - he didn't even seem bothered in the game or after it. 

I don't think he likes football. I honestly don't. He wasn't bothered about playing in the FA Cup final. 

Yeah I was being sarcastic there.

Maybe its a trend thing? Victor Moses has just retired from International duty at the age of 27, now I know Nigeria aren't as good as Belgium but it could just be the new trend.

honestly i was serious, i think its just all too much.  club is july-may, you get 2 months off?  these guys aren't doing 9-5, they are travelling, and if youre in european ball youre spending a lot of time away from your family.  the WC and Euro competitions are cool and all but i could see them trying to have better work/life balance than just playing football 24/7 and never seeing their kids grow up.

plus the clubs are where the money is at, the international game is more like a favor to the country you grew up in, hence why the passion just isn'tt there sometimes.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly i was serious, i think its just all too much.  club is july-may, you get 2 months off?  these guys aren't doing 9-5, they are travelling, and if youre in european ball youre spending a lot of time away from your family.  the WC and Euro competitions are cool and all but i could see them trying to have better work/life balance than just playing football 24/7 and never seeing their kids grow up.

plus the clubs are where the money is at, the international game is more like a favor to the country you grew up in, hence why the passion just isn'ttt there sometimes.

MJB.  The reason there has been issues with alcohol abuse and gambling is down to the amount of free time they get. It's absurd.  

They get paid tlridiculous amounts of money for playing what equates to a max of 50 games of football over 40 weeks.  They aren't down a mine 60 hours a week..

The only reason they consider retirement is the fact that they can afford to. 

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

MJB.  The reason there has been issues with alcohol abuse and gambling is down to the amount of free time they get. It's absurd.  

They get paid tlridiculous amounts of money for playing what equates to a max of 50 games of football over 40 weeks.  They aren't down a mine 60 hours a week..

The only reason they consider retirement is the fact that they can afford to. 

Ah must be different than American sports, baseball those guys never see their family.  Hockey and basketball too. Constant traveling and practices and games.  American football is the easiest as it’s just 16 games.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Ah must be different than American sports, baseball those guys never see their family.  Hockey and basketball too. Constant traveling and practices and games.  American football is the easiest as it’s just 16 games.

Geography is the big difference I’d imagine. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Don't get me wrong - I don't like to spend one night away from my family.  They do spend a fair chunk of time away but Rom is a single guy - 25 and he's talking of international retirement. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

Don't get me wrong - I don't like to spend one night away from my family.  They do spend a fair chunk of time away but Rom is a single guy - 25 and he's talking of international retirement. 

its probably not this deep but with all the talk about Pogba and Jose at the moment, maybe he wanted some news headlines of his own so spouted this shite off?

3 minutes ago, aaron said:

its probably not this deep but with all the talk about Pogba and Jose at the moment, maybe he wanted some news headlines of his own so spouted this shite off?

United are a totally different club to the group of men they had wearing the shirts under SAF.

All it took was Beckham to start attending a few fashion shows and pimping himself out as the other half of posh and Becks and he was gone.  

Now you have lukaku and pogba acting out like they are Floyd Mayweather and Lewis Hamilton and they are the supposed senior members of the squad.... 

Funny. SAF identified Liverpool wearing those white armani suits before the fa cup final as a sign that the team weren't focused.... now it's his old side who resemble posing idiots. 

42 minutes ago, hafnia said:

United are a totally different club to the group of men they had wearing the shirts under SAF.

All it took was Beckham to start attending a few fashion shows and pimping himself out as the other half of posh and Becks and he was gone.  

Now you have lukaku and pogba acting out like they are Floyd Mayweather and Lewis Hamilton and they are the supposed senior members of the squad.... 

Funny. SAF identified Liverpool wearing those white armani suits before the fa cup final as a sign that the team weren't focused.... now it's his old side who resemble posing idiots. 

poorly put together group of mercenaries and mou is not a long term manager, he's the 2-3 year guy who wins something and then flames out.  that will be this year.  sanchez will lead a revolt, lukaku will just not show up, pogba i don't know what he does to pout.  

they are classless and are the same as man city now just buying up big name players to try and win.  ed woodward must have compromising photos of the Glazers because he is garbage and they keep him employed.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Geography is the big difference I’d imagine. 

And the fact that baseball is 162 games plus postseason, basketball and hockey 82 plus. But traveling 3,000 miles from San Diego to Boston or Seattle to Miami definitely contributes. My favorite baseball team plays in Seattle and has always struggled to attract great players because of the amount of travel they have to do; their closest opponent plays 800 miles away in Oakland.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

And the fact that baseball is 162 games plus postseason, basketball and hockey 82 plus. But traveling 3,000 miles from San Diego to Boston or Seattle to Miami definitely contributes. My favorite baseball team plays in Seattle and has always struggled to attract great players because of the amount of travel they have to do; their closest opponent plays 800 miles away in Oakland.

i never realized thats why seattle has been bad for long periods of time.  wow.  enlightening