IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Thank-you for confirming that I was correct.

So just one minute a goal behind Drogba eh? Not too shabby.

His goalscoring record on the whole is very good - never been in doubt with me... my issues have been consistency in play and overall involvement.

Based on these stats there is no way that Bony should be dismissed - I have never judged him or many strikers on his goal return (though it is very good) I like the way he drops deep, uses ridiculous strength - holds it up, lays it off and gets in the box. If I was to be critical his finishing could be more composed - he basically leathers it every time, Rom does have a more natural eye for finishing. In the air he is exceptionally good. As Romey said - the ACN is a problem.

The only other "obtainable" options in here would be Giroud who lacks mobility for what we would need.

He will be gone in the summer IMO. He's finished.

There will be a merry go round in the striker department - Man United will probably go for Kane at around £65m to replace Rooney... Kane is now on a premier league goal every 132 minutes

I think Lukaku will be off to PSG and I think Arsenal may well go for Benzema.

I don't see how we can get rid, no one will take him. RM should never have used him as much to activate the clause.

I can't see man u going for Kane, plus he'd be mad to leave that Spurs midfield.

Juve would be good for lukaku, guaranteed title and they would except he'd be looking to move to another elite club. PSG could prove more difficult to get a move.

He will be gone in the summer IMO. He's finished.

There will be a merry go round in the striker department - Man United will probably go for Kane at around £65m to replace Rooney... Kane is now on a premier league goal every 132 minutes

I think Lukaku will be off to PSG and I think Arsenal may well go for Benzema.

no way. Kane is a spurs product and will stay because the only reason to go to Man U is if you are a mercenary. No CL next year, he gets CL with spurs. Better team at spurs. Man U is gonna become the new Anzi Machalaka where they have Mercenaries trying to get CL and no team unity (already there).

I saw an interesting conversation with Gab Marcotti and he said with Lukaku's skill set and the way he likes to play there are few teams that "need" him, so he doesn't think he'll go anywhere unless he wants to cash in and sit on the bench (which he doesn't think he does). Real have Benzema, he doesn't suit Arsenal and Wenger loves Giroud, Man U will go Cavani if they want target man, Man City another bench warmer, really its just PSG and he's not an Ibra replacement.

no way. Kane is a spurs product and will stay because the only reason to go to Man U is if you are a mercenary. No CL next year, he gets CL with spurs. Better team at spurs. Man U is gonna become the new Anzi Machalaka where they have Mercenaries trying to get CL and no team unity (already there).

I saw an interesting conversation with Gab Marcotti and he said with Lukaku's skill set and the way he likes to play there are few teams that "need" him, so he doesn't think he'll go anywhere unless he wants to cash in and sit on the bench (which he doesn't think he does). Real have Benzema, he doesn't suit Arsenal and Wenger loves Giroud, Man U will go Cavani if they want target man, Man City another bench warmer, really its just PSG and he's not an Ibra replacement.

I agree only a few teams will suit his play and can afford to pay. Arsenal wouldnt pay the £60m for him anyway. PSG would and Ibra will be leaving, at Lukaku's age, goal scoring and potential i think he's the perfect replacement. Especially in such a poor league.

I have been saying this all along - the teams that can afford him already have strikers who can score and play. The team that he would get more time for who could afford him is PSG, Man City could definitely use him to cover Aguero who is injury prone (but brilliant)

The team that could use him is arsenal but they will not pay the money

As Mark has previously stated he's under contract and won't be going anywhere unless the club decide to cash in, we kept hold of Stones when he was our most touted and well regarded player at the time Lukaku is no different

If the club did decide to sell I'd like to see us go down a different route I've never been a big fan of a lone striker I'd prefer to go with a front three (if possible)

------------Guidetti

Hernandez----------Yarmolenko

Pace power and skill to boot abit pie in the sky I know and not everyone's cup of tea but far from unrealistic and gives us plenty of options

If Martinez stays bring in a top defensive coach cash in on the likes of Mirallas and clear the deadwood and bring in a top keeper Burnd Leno - Highly regarded young and potentially another German great

Edited by EFC-Paul

Well Imagine if Lukaku were to go, it's always interesting to see ppl's suggestions of how to replace him.

I had already mentioned Bony before. I have another suggestion: Mandzukic. Juve have got an absolute world class striker in Dybala now. Mandzukic isnt exactly crucial anymore, but I still very much believe in him. Another, much riskier suggestion: Falcao. Falcao became lazy at Monaco. He needs to come to a more spartan team such as Everton where he can get the feeling of being crucial as a footballer, instead of lying on the Côte d'Azur in southern France filling up his bags with money. When he can find back his primitive footballing instincts, he can outperform Lukaku in a heartbeat. But that's all a hypothesis. Maybe he's just homesick and needs to be surrounded by spanish speaking people. In fact, I get the idea that Spanish speaking footballers get homesick as fuck and start underperforming massively unless they stay in either the Spanish competition or Man City. I've become very weary of them.

Edited by Mirallas

Well Imagine if Lukaku were to go, it's always interesting to see ppl's suggestions of how to replace him.

I had already mentioned Bony before. I have another suggestion: Mandzukic. Juve have got an absolute world class striker in Dybala now. Mandzukic isnt exactly crucial anymore, but I still very much believe in him. Another, much riskier suggestion: Falcao. Falcao became lazy at Monaco. He needs to come to a more spartan team such as Everton where he can get the feeling of being crucial as a footballer, instead of lying on the Côte d'Azur in southern France filling up his bags with money. When he can find back his primitive footballing instincts, he can outperform Lukaku in a heartbeat. But that's all a hypothesis. Maybe he's just homesick and needs to be surrounded by spanish speaking people. In fact, I get the idea that Spanish speaking footballers get homesick as fuck and start underperforming massively unless they stay in either the Spanish competition or Man City. I've become very weary of them.

Manduzikic is way past it and no thanks on falcao.

^this man would turn down Mandzukic at Everton.

Mandzukic is only 29... no youngster but certainly not past it.

he was garbage, absolute garbage for atletico. frequently gassed and subbed, 12 in 28. for Juve he's been worse, 6 in 20. he would not do well in a physical premier league.

he was perfect for Bayern because they did all the hard work and he just banged em in ala chichartio. no thank you.

Edited by markjazzbassist

he was garbage, absolute garbage for atletico. frequently gassed and subbed, 12 in 28. for Juve he's been worse, 6 in 20. he would not do well in a physical premier league.

he was perfect for Bayern because they did all the hard work and he just banged em in ala chichartio. no thank you.

Can't say I watched him much at athletico but seen him a few times before he got injured at juventus and he looked very good indeed. He's a bloody good worker and adds physicality - very strong player.

I honestly don't see how you have the opinion he's a chicharito. He's made for us.

To say he's not a hard worker is a joke in fact. Have you seen him play???

Edited by Hafnia

Can't say I watched him much at athletico but seen him a few times before he got injured at juventus and he looked very good indeed. He's a bloody good worker and adds physicality - very strong player.

I honestly don't see how you have the opinion he's a chicharito. He's made for us.

To say he's not a hard worker is a joke in fact. Have you seen him play???

yes i follow atleti as well. there's a reason he's at Juve, he couldn't keep up with Simeone's style and work rate.

yes i follow atleti as well. there's a reason he's at Juve, he couldn't keep up with Simeone's style and work rate.

Sorry Mark bit that's absolute nonsense. Mandzukic is an absolute workhorse, works as hard as any player I've seen without the ball he fell out with simeone and that is it. 20 goals in 43 games in Spain. I do think you've judged him on stats rather than eyes.

If we got him for £10m or so it would be a brilliant brilliant signing. PSG are sniffing so I doubt it.

Edited by Hafnia

Sorry Mark bit that's absolute nonsense. Mandzukic is an absolute workhorse, works as hard as any player I've seen without the ball he fell out with simeone and that is it. 20 goals in 43 games in Spain. I do think you've judged him on stats rather than eyes.

If we got him for £10m or so it would be a brilliant brilliant signing. PSG are sniffing so I doubt it.

didn't find back of net for last 3 months. yes he did have a falling out with simeone but that was due to having griezman be the focal point while he wanted manduzikc to do the donkey work and he wouldn't. and he's not a workhorse, he would frequently have the ball in the box and attempt some bull shit back heel or "clever" pass instead of the wide open play because he's full of ego. that's what pissed simeone off a lot as well.

no chance anyways he'll go to a champions league club.

didn't find back of net for last 3 months. yes he did have a falling out with simeone but that was due to having griezman be the focal point while he wanted manduzikc to do the donkey work and he wouldn't. and he's not a workhorse, he would frequently have the ball in the box and attempt some bull shit back heel or "clever" pass instead of the wide open play because he's full of ego. that's what pissed simeone off a lot as well.

no chance anyways he'll go to a champions league club.

Not the case apparently

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11838/9752706/mario-mandzukic-set-to-leave-atletico-after-falling-out-with-boss-diego-simeone

I honestly wonder if you confuse players sometimes. This is mario mandzukic not mario Ballotelli. We have seamus coleman not Gary coleman.

Not the case apparently

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11838/9752706/mario-mandzukic-set-to-leave-atletico-after-falling-out-with-boss-diego-simeone

I honestly wonder if you confuse players sometimes. This is mario mandzukic not mario Ballotelli. We have seamus coleman not Gary coleman.

not taking the bait, we disagree simple as that.

I'm desperate to find out more of Morishi's plans.

I'm sure Martinez and Lukaku will be going this summer.

I wonder what he is going to commit to the club. I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least £30-40m in the pot along with Lukaku at £50-60m.

What tier of player will he hope to attract? Can't imagine we'll be going head to head with the elite.

I'm desperate to find out more of Morishi's plans.

I'm sure Martinez and Lukaku will be going this summer.

I wonder what he is going to commit to the club. I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least £30-40m in the pot along with Lukaku at £50-60m.

What tier of player will he hope to attract? Can't imagine we'll be going head to head with the elite.

rumours that he's willing to give a 100m for the summer (doesn't include selling any players). i would think he wants to hold onto lukaku and barkley and stones.

He will go and I can't blame him to be honest. Bottom half last season and possibly again this season.

We haven't been consistently good for two years.

This summer is going to be huge for the club considering how much money we will have to reinvest in to the playing squad.