IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I think there is a very good chance that he will sweep the board with the awards this season

I think Barry will get players player and fans player. Based on the consistency and level of performances I would agree.

I don't see all the players voting for Rom. The game on Sunday I noticed a few pissed off with him. There was an incidence where a ball was played to him - he never controlled it and had a go. The player may have been coleman told him what he thought.

I think he and deulofeu had a fair bit of static not too long ago too. Rom will get young player and deservedly so.

Edited by Hafnia

I think Vardy will get player of the year and football writers. Mahrez is odds on favourite at 4/9, Vardy 2/1. Kane 10/1 lukaku 100/1

Alli will win young player by a mile. He has been consistently brilliant. 1/7 odds says it's in the bag. Kane 5/1, Lukaku 20/1, Barkley 25/1

If Rom could do what he's done in some games on a consistent basis then he would be in thd running for both. As it is he's gone missing in too many.

Edited by Hafnia

I will be gutted if Rom goes, especially if it's to Manchester fucking United. I hate them more than the RS. Also, I don't get why Bob threw Baines under the bus for saying something that was actually true, but Rom gets away with all but explicitly saying he wants to leave Everton?

In our place of work we call it "sandwiching" - throw in the feedback in the middle of two compliments

"you look very buff today Rom"

"You have the touch of an elephant"

"are those prescription glasses, you look really intelligent in them"

EPO in football eh...... wouldn't surprise me.

"You've got lovely big dark eyes, Roberto. You're a terrible manager. And thanks for McCarthy, Besic, Lukaku, Barry, Robles, Deulofeu and Funes Mori."

Absolute fuckin disgrace. He can leave now. Lazy bastard. Please don't anyone try and defend him. Disgusting. How he stayed on instead of kone is a sign of what our team is

ooh he feels empowered now :D You can tell that this was the moment you've been waiting for to unleash the good old Haf again.

ooh he feels empowered now :D You can tell that this was the moment you've been waiting for to unleash the good old Haf again.

"I've been waiting for"??? I've been saying it for a long long time, the man is bone idle unless he fancies it. Far too many times I have called him out for performances that are frankly disgusting in terms of effort.

He is in the midst of his 4th spell this season of 4 games of more without scoring - and lets be honest, these spells coincide with him showing no desire whatsoever to get involved.

He said he wanted champions league football next season a good few weeks ago - since then he has done absolutely nothing nada - he can pack his bags now as far as I'm concerned.

what's more galling is the way some people can see no wrong in him. He has no pride for the Everton shirt, he doesn't see us as a club fit for him - he has always seen himself as being worthy of better...... not in my book.

pathetic and unacceptable performance last night. I had Barkley on the hook in the last few weeks but in fairness he actually showed some heart last night. How Lukaku got 90 minutes is a sackable offence for Martinez alone.

BTW - did anyone see him turn to the Everton fans and wave his arms uop and down to generate passion? unbelievable - they travelled to London on a school night to watch him amble around and he tries to drum up encouragement - get lost Rom, you are as deluded as your manager, you aint kidding anyone.

Edited by Hafnia

Compose yourself, Haf, you're acting a bit like a chav right now. Would you have preferred him turning against the EFC fans or what? You don't deserve a player like Lukaku. It's allright to call out a bad performance, but you're a downright hater and have been since the beginning.

Compose yourself, Haf, you're acting a bit like a chav right now. Would you have preferred him turning against the EFC fans or what? You don't deserve a player like Lukaku. It's allright to call out a bad performance, but you're a downright hater and have been since the beginning.

A chav? What the fuck are you on about... Do you know what a chav is?

We don't deserve lukaku??? He clearly thinks that. I don't, he's no where near as good as what you or he thinks. Awful attitude, simple as that. He's getting paid a shit load of money and we invested 28m on him so please.... Shut the fuck up.

You still gonna be around when we have no Belgians in the team?

Edited by Hafnia

You don't deserve a player like Lukaku.

We don't deserve lukaku???

Obviously no intention or inclination to take sides here but in fairness, I don't think Mirallas' reference to 'you' was intended to mean Everton, but more likely meant you individually, with relation to your specific opinion of the player.

Obviously no intention or inclination to take sides here but in fairness, I don't think Mirallas' reference to 'you' was intended to mean Everton, but more likely meant you individually, with relation to your specific opinion of the player.

Either way I don't care. For some reason we are meant to bow down to a lad who is as reliable as the weather. His attitude stinks, he's got alot of weaknesses to his game. Good finisher but well overrated.

No one bows down to him at all. Mirallas, at a push.

Stop creating something that's not there.

He was fucking awful. He has been the last few games. No excuses.

There are a couple of others (in the team) who also need threads this long because they've also been woeful and currently get away criticism free.

A chav? What the fuck are you on about... Do you know what a chav is?

We don't deserve lukaku??? He clearly thinks that. I don't, he's no where near as good as what you or he thinks. Awful attitude, simple as that. He's getting paid a shit load of money and we invested 28m on him so please.... Shut the fuck up.

You still gonna be around when we have no Belgians in the team?

You personally don't deserve a player like Lukaku. Everton does, because luckily the team is more than just a bunch of Hafnias. And the Belgian thing doesn't determine anything, at most it brings new teams to my attention. I hate watching ManU or Arsenal play their football, even though ManU has 2 Belgians and Arsenal used to have Vermaelen, who now plays at Barca and I wholeheartedly hate what Barcelona did to football. I full-on root for Real in a classico, and Real has no Belgians. I sympathise with Valencia and they have no... ok they have 1 Belgian but that doesn't matter he never plays anyway. In Italy, AS Roma have a really good Belgian in Nainggolan, but I still sympathise more with Lazio or Juventus who have no Belgians. Wolfsburg in Germany has no Belgians either... Really in the end, having Belgians or not is literally 0 indicator of how much I like a team. I always start out as a neutral spectator and lover of the sport, then based on what I see I pick my teams. And that's a compliment to Everton.

You can hate me for what you perceive me to be, but it doesn't really phase me.... based on every comment that I read from you, I don't rate the quality of your comments very highly, since you're one of those menucard-supporters who sort of pick a certain selection of facts to serve their underlying emotions, which in this topic is: You don't like Lukaku. Hence: you personally do not deserve a player like him. He's the best striker this team has had since Rooney and you can't even bring yourself to enjoying him when he does well.

No one bows down to him at all. Mirallas, at a push.

Stop creating something that's not there.

He was fucking awful. He has been the last few games. No excuses.

There are a couple of others (in the team) who also need threads this long because they've also been woeful and currently get away criticism free.

I'm referring to fans bowing down to him - not players (Coleman, Jags and Gerry seem to have had enough of him from what I can see, Naismith had him nailed from the get go for the right reasons and nothing to do with jealousy).

Lukaku for many fans represented Everton "back in the mix of marquee players", players who we couldn't dream of getting in the last 10-15 years. It given him a ridiculous cult status that was premature to say the least. Thing is I was never truly convinced and I'm still not. I think he has disappointed a lot of fans who defended him to the likes of myself who haven't looked at him with starstruck eyes.

Ironically it's almost 15 years to the day that an Everton fan went on the pitch at Highbury and demanded that Nyarko take of the Everton shirt if he clearly didn't fancy playing in. Very extreme, but at the time very understandable - Nyarko was a talented midfielder who "when he fancied it" looked like a Viera... problem was that when he didn't fancy it he looked like an gutless imposter, stealing a living. Was Lukaku's performance any less gutless the other night? Not really no.

Fact is - this thread has meant the posters have "picked their side", love Rom, don't like Rom. He plays well and the thread is alive.... its been very very quiet for a good while hasn't it.

Rom is like a bipolar footballer - super charged for a few games or just downright lacklustre, unmotivated and languid for a good few others. Pity. Lets just hope we get good money for him and buy a player that has apirations to do well for Everton and not just for their career.

I'm referring to fans bowing down to him - not players (Coleman, Jags and Gerry seem to have had enough of him from what I can see, Naismith had him nailed from the get go for the right reasons and nothing to do with jealousy).

I know. I'm referring to our resident Belgian, Mirallas the poster.

You personally don't deserve a player like Lukaku. Everton does, because luckily the team is more than just a bunch of Hafnias. And the Belgian thing doesn't determine anything, at most it brings new teams to my attention. I hate watching ManU or Arsenal play their football, even though ManU has 2 Belgians and Arsenal used to have Vermaelen, who now plays at Barca and I wholeheartedly hate what Barcelona did to football. I full-on root for Real in a classico, and Real has no Belgians. I sympathise with Valencia and they have no... ok they have 1 Belgian but that doesn't matter he never plays anyway. In Italy, AS Roma have a really good Belgian in Nainggolan, but I still sympathise more with Lazio or Juventus who have no Belgians. Wolfsburg in Germany has no Belgians either... Really in the end, having Belgians or not is literally 0 indicator of how much I like a team. I always start out as a neutral spectator and lover of the sport, then based on what I see I pick my teams. And that's a compliment to Everton.

You can hate me for what you perceive me to be, but it doesn't really phase me.... based on every comment that I read from you, I don't rate the quality of your comments very highly, since you're one of those menucard-supporters who sort of pick a certain selection of facts to serve their underlying emotions, which in this topic is: You don't like Lukaku. Hence: you personally do not deserve a player like him. He's the best striker this team has had since Rooney and you can't even bring yourself to enjoying him when he does well.

I pick "my team" - not teams, maybe that is why I couldn't really care much for what you say. You speak of your respect of certain clubs like they should be proud of that accomplishment? wow - quite the aficionado aren't you... like footballs Paul Gambaccini

I don't deserve Lukaku? Too right I don't. What I have I done wrong as a fan who grew up watching Andy Gray and Graeme Sharpe fearlessly dismantle the best team in Europe with a mixture of finesse, power and aggression to all of a sudden be surrounded by fans who tell me that this athletically gifted yet lazy 6ft 4 footballing diva is someone who I should be grateful for?

We may well have had to suffer watching James Beatties moobs bouncing all over the pitch and Denis Straq show all desire and zero ability in recent years, but don't for one second think that this gives a player with a few goal behind him the right to pick and choose when he decides to "put in a shift for Everton".

I tell you what Mr aficionado do some reading before you arrogantly tell me that I don't deserve Lukaku... if he can even tie the laces of some of these players then I would hold my hands up - thing is, I know I won't.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neville-Southall-Binman-Chronicles-ebook/dp/B0093LMLJ0/ref=sr_1_27?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460711989&sr=1-27&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Affairs-Marriage-Life-Football-Howard-Kendall-ebook/dp/B00EO9GHL4/ref=sr_1_34?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712095&sr=1-34&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Catterick-Untold-Story-Football-ebook/dp/B00OGQ6UW6/ref=sr_1_47?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712095&sr=1-47&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colin-Harveys-Everton-Secrets-Keith/dp/0954687167/ref=sr_1_48?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712095&sr=1-48&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Memories-Everton-Kevin-Ratcliffe/dp/1904103251/ref=sr_1_66?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712158&sr=1-66&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kevin-Sheedy-Good-Twice-field-ebook/dp/B00JG4UO8Y/ref=sr_1_75?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712158&sr=1-75&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everton-Winter-Mexican-Summer-Football/dp/035612245X/ref=sr_1_108?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712199&sr=1-108&keywords=everton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dixie-Dean-Inside-Story-Football/dp/1861054084/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712241&sr=1-2&keywords=dixie+dean

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Centre-Forward-Authorised-Biography/dp/1899807098/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460712274&sr=1-3&keywords=tommy+lawton

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Extra-Time-Alan-Ball/dp/0330427423

GOT aren't in my good books. Was band after I introduced myself, apparently sarcasm/ironic humour is not allowed.

Considering the majority go on about "cheese on toast" and "popcorning" its surprising. I think they like to have everyone agree with the general consensus even before having the evidence to make an opinion. I think the average age is about 14