IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Why would Chelsea loan a striker out when their current strikers are not in great form?

It can be advantageous to a big club to lend a player out in order to have him hurt their rivals, but not sure they would lend him to a direct rival like ourselves. Had we a striker who had scored 17 goals, we would have finished above them. Not going to happen.

exactly, with their loanee having a very productive season they would be stupid to get him go out again. then again, this is Chelsea.....

edit: not sure Chelsea are considered a direct rival though unsure.png

Edited by Matt

exactly, with their loanee having a very productive season they would be stupid to get him go out again. then again, this is Chelsea.....

Chelsea should keep hold of Courtois this season too. He's been nothing short of brilliant for Athletico this season and I think he could be another Petr Cech should he get given enough Premier League experience.

• 2 weeks later...

If we get 8 mil for Jelavic (who I still feel should get another season at Everton) its a no brainer to reinvest that and pay another 2 for Lukaku. Good investment for the future.

There is no way that any team can get Lukaku for £10 mil. It's a pity from EFC perspective, but it's reality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2335416/Jose-Mourinhos-transfer-targets-Chelsea.html

How many times have we heard this.......Lukaku has already been told he isn't going back out on loan. So basiccaally if someone offers 10mil for him then they will accept it.

There is no way that any team can get Lukaku for £10 mil. It's a pity from EFC perspective, but it's reality.

I was just referring to bluenosetoffees post. Do you think Lukaku will be more than 10 mil?

I was just referring to bluenosetoffees post. Do you think Lukaku will be more than 10 mil?

That is what I think he is worth 10-15mil at the most. He is young, talented and if Sturridge can go to Liverpool for 12mil then surely they would let Lukaku go for 10-15mil. All depends who they buy this transfer market. If they are proven strikers then they will probably let him go as he won't want to be a bench warmer.

The only problem is Chelsea paid 20mil (10mil plus add ons) from Anderlecht for him and doubt they would accept 10mil. I am just basing it on what I think he is worth that's all.

Edited by bluenosetoffee

That is what I think he is worth 10-15mil at the most. He is young, talented and if Sturridge can go to Liverpool for 12mil then surely they would let Lukaku go for 10-15mil. All depends who they buy this transfer market. If they are proven strikers then they will probably let him go as he won't want to be a bench warmer.

The only problem is Chelsea paid 20mil from Anderlecht for him and doubt they would accept 10mil. I am just basing it on what I think he is worth that's all.

thats exactly the reason why it will never happen. Plus the 17 goals he scored during the season. Hes still a 20m striker because of his age and goal return.

Unfortunately for us :(

Well it seems logical to me. He was bought as a rough diamond 2 years ago for £17 mil. Now he has proven himself one of the top scorers in the premier league and he's still only 20 years old. The guy is like Drogba, but a bit more combative and active, but his kicking technique isn't quite as good. Chelsea know better than any team in the league what the value of that is. I think they won't sell Lukaku for much less than 20 mil unless he has a discordence with the board or manager. That's maybe above his value, but it's just for the simple fact that they just don't want to sell him.

The prices of players nowadays is outrageous and over the odds. Everton seem to be the only club that don't ask for over the odds for players. Arteta was worth more than 10mil, played well for Arsenal this year. Rodwell worth more than 10mil. Compared to Henderson, Downing, Fletcher, Jarvis etc. Rodwell to me is better than those 4. I know Fletcher plays in different position.

The prices of players nowadays is outrageous and over the odds. Everton seem to be the only club that don't ask for over the odds for players. Arteta was worth more than 10mil, played well for Arsenal this year. Rodwell worth more than 10mil. Compared to Henderson, Downing, Fletcher, Jarvis etc. Rodwell to me is better than those 4. I know Fletcher plays in different position.

Rodwell was / is constantly injured so 10m was a good fee in my opinion

Arteta was a steal for Arsenal, but also saved us a massive chunk off the wage bill and considering he hadnt played well for a quite a while at the time (mostly because he was being played in Fellis CDM position it seemed, and vice versa) 10m was probably about right.

Guest blueboy122

If Arteta was playing for spurs before he joined the arsenal then there's no way he would have been let go for 10 million I would imagine it would have been more than double £10 million

If Arteta was playing for spurs before he joined the arsenal then there's no way he would have been let go for 10 million I would imagine it would have been more than double £10 million

Daniel Levvy would charge you for the ink used to sign the deal. Should be called Daniel Levy (see what I did there)

Please tell me in what universe you are living on to think lukaku would be 'available' to buy this summer anyway? Also 10 million, 10 million?? Chelsea bought him for 17 million 2 years ago he's virtually a younger drogba what would possess mourinho to sell him at all let alone at a loss of 7 million when you could sell him for much more if they did wanted to sell him which is unlikely. The best we could hope for is to get lukaku on loan for the season.

Why wouldn't he be in their first team thoughts? It's not as though their strikers last year were banging them in.

You would expect players like Lukaku at these wealthy clubs to be very much in the minds of the managers but they always seem to overlook what these younger lads have achieved and throw mega money on a big name. I can see that being the case at Chelsea regardless of what the media says.

I'm of the same thought as StevO that Lukaku and Guidetti would both be great players for us along with Vellios who will hopefully see more first team action under a new manager We could have three great young strikers who all bring something different to the mix..a very long shot I know but it is silly season :)

You would expect players like Lukaku at these wealthy clubs to be very much in the minds of the managers but they always seem to overlook what these younger lads have achieved and throw mega money on a big name. I can see that being the case at Chelsea regardless of what the media says.

I'm of the same thought as StevO that Lukaku and Guidetti would both be great players for us along with Vellios who will hopefully see more first team action under a new manager We could have three great young strikers who all bring something different to the mix..a very long shot I know but it is silly season :)

I totally agree with you here. It was the same story with Sturridge, I believe if he was there he could have got more goals than Torres. He is a good player the only thing I don't like about him is he is quite selfish at times but he is young and will learn.

Same with Lukaku, he might be banging the goals in at WBA but if Chelsea buy a big name player then he might as well pick which seat he is wanting on the bench and make it is home ;-)