IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Guest blueboy122

aaah, so your Lukakus agent. Right...

If you'd read what I'd written, you would see that I would only take him for the price I mentioned. For 20-25m, I would take him, if we have the money. Which we dont, so I wouldnt. But I maintain that if you want to buy a 1 in 2 striker, youre looking 15m+ anyway, and there are none around for that money less than 25.

I know you would take him at the price you mentioned so would most people but it ain't going to happen.

No point in saying that you would take him for x price.

So you wouldn't take him for 20M which is what me and Haf have been saying all along

Why are you such a dick?

You told me to stop basing my opinion of a price tag, then gave your opinion of a price tag. You acted like a dick, I responded in kind. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your statements?

I know you would take him at the price you mentioned so would most people but it ain't going to happen.

No point in saying that you would take him for x price.

So you wouldn't take him for 20M which is what me and Haf have been saying all along

And what Ive said all along too, so what is your problem??

The bottom line for me is that Lukaku scores goals. It doesn't matter that he sometimes plays half a game. It doesn't matter that he sometimes appears not to put in the effort he could. It doesn't even matter that his first touch could be better. The lad scores goals, and that's what he's paid for. And didn't someone write that he contributed to 39% of our goals - even while being out for a while? His value is obvious. Someone doesn't have to be perfect at everything, or even good at everything. We pay him to score goals, and if he scores goals then he's done the job.

Unforunately, though, there's going to be a bidding war involving some of Europe's top teams, and that would price him out of our reach. How much power does a player have in rejecting transfers? If Milan offered 25m, for example, and we offered 20m, but Lukaku really wants to stay with Everton, is there anything he can do to force Chelsea's hand?

You could also argue that Lukaku doesn't score goals he went 5 consecutive games without a goal... what stood out for me at the time was his contribution was pretty much bang average also. I seen suarez go a few games without a goal - he caused mayhem and sturridge got assists goalore off him.

Valuing a player based on average goals is like booking a holiday based on average temperature - it doesn't tell you if it rains, cloudy or whatever. You need to look at more.

Andy Johnson was less than 1 in 2 for Crystal Palace...

Valuing a player based on average goals is like booking a holiday based on average temperature - it doesn't tell you if it rains, cloudy or whatever. You need to look at more.

The analogy doesn't hold because we can't influence the temperature. A better analogy is booking a holiday hotel based on the number of satisfied customers. If the ratio is about one in two, even when the cleaning staff don't appear to be in any rush to complete their work, it's a success.

Guest blueboy122

You told me to stop basing my opinion of a price tag, then gave your opinion of a price tag. You acted like a dick, I responded in kind. Do you not see the hypocrisy in your statements?

And what Ive said all along too, so what is your problem??

Not at all mate. Your a fucking idiot that patronises people through a keyboard you like to give yourself self importance which is rather cute to be honest.

You didn't have to be such a sarcastic twat but you chose to stick to form...why am I not surprised.

There's no hypocrisy because I don't need to be Lukaku's agent to know we won't be getting him for 15M considering they paid 15-18M...

Also I doubt Lukaku's agent would be setting his price what usually happens is the parent club set the price they want not a players agent.

Edited by blueboy122

Not at all mate. Your a fucking idiot that patronises people through a keyboard you like to give yourself self importance which is rather cute to be honest.

You didn't have to be such a sarcastic twat but you chose to stick to form...why am I not surprised.

There's no hypocrisy because I don't need to be Lukaku's agent to know we won't be getting him for 15M considering they paid 15-18M...

Also I doubt Lukaku's agent would be setting his price what usually happens is the parent club set the price they want not a players agent.

They paid £10m and it could have risen to £17m, but considering he's hardly played for them I doubt many of those clauses have been fulfilled.

You could also argue that Lukaku doesn't score goals he went 5 consecutive games without a goal... what stood out for me at the time was his contribution was pretty much bang average also. I seen suarez go a few games without a goal - he caused mayhem and sturridge got assists goalore off him.

Andy Johnson was less than 1 in 2 for Crystal Palace...

From the penalty spot

I responded sarcastically because you're post came across in an offensive way. I'm man enough to apologise if you weren't trying to be hypocritical and insulting.

You're also probably right that he will go for 20-25m, but since we don't know for sure, I was going with my opinion.

Edited by Matt

Can I ask those who are talking about 39%'s, 1 in 2's etc, those who are clearly in favour of signing him...

Forget all those stats for a second...I've pointed out a valid point several times which seems to be, possibly selectively, getting overlooked.

What do you guys think of his 8 goals in his FIRST 9 games for us, but then only 6 in his next 21 games?

Genuine question. And don't say it doesn't matter. Because this is his form for a club that pushed for 4th, that is in the top six for both creating and scoring. This is his form in OUR style of play...not WBA's or whoever.

Can I ask those who are talking about 39%'s, 1 in 2's etc, those who are clearly in favour of signing him...

Forget all those stats for a second...I've pointed out a valid point several times which seems to be, possibly selectively, getting overlooked.

What do you guys think of his 8 goals in his FIRST 9 games for us, but then only 6 in his next 21 games?

Genuine question. And don't say it doesn't matter. Because this is his form for a club that pushed for 4th, that is in the top six for both creating and scoring. This is his form in OUR style of play...not WBA's or whoever.

Probably indicative of the teams form in general. First half of the season we played some good attacking football with the full backs bombing on and we generally played our best attacking football in that period.

But after The Shite sussed us out in the Analfield mauling we were not so cavalier. The fullbacks were not as adventurous and add I the injuries and the entire teams form dipped in the second half of the season

my argument in Roms favour is that we changed how we played. Romey mentioned earlier that he became a target man in order to develop his game and with that he struggled. Play to his strengths. Look at his compilation of goals; nearly all played in front of him. Strength, reaction, positioning, finishing. Natural, born goal scorer:

Probably indicative of the teams form in general. First half of the season we played some good attacking football with the full backs bombing on and we generally played our best attacking football in that period.

But after The Shite sussed us out in the Analfield mauling we were not so cavalier. The fullbacks were not as adventurous and add I the injuries and the entire teams form dipped in the second half of the season

Ai.

See his final goal of that initial burst was against stoke at the end of November. Between that and the Anfield mauling, the game he got injured and was out for a bit, he played 9 games and scored 1 (although to be fair to him, 4 of his 6 assists came in these 9 games...from scorer to provider?). The team scored 13 goals, and won 5 drew 3 lost 1. That's the first half of the season.

Just playing a bit of 'devils advocate' with it all really!!!

to be honest, i'd like to have Rom here, although i think if he starts having some big years he'd just go to the next biggest club and wouldn't feel like staying. BUT i don't think we have a shot at him. With the likes of athletic, dortmund, roma, arsenal, spurs, etc. all in for him, surely we won't blow the transfer kitty on one player? wouldn't be wise.

i think we should put our thinking elsewhere and shore up the rest of the squad and get a solid 10m-12m striker. we already have kone (should be good for 12 goals) and naismith (good for about 8 goals), so we just need another 15 goal scorer and mcaleny on the bench.

No matt, I'm not watching YouTube clips...oh go on then!!!

:lol: my point is, play to his strength, he will score goals. 14 goals, 6 assists. He is responsible for 20 of our goals

http://www.evertonfc.com/first-team-stats-2013/14

Most goals. Most shots on target. 2nd most assists. We scored 59 goals so far, he is responsible for 33% of them. How much more evidence do people need?!

Edited by Matt

to be honest, i'd like to have Rom here, although i think if he starts having some big years he'd just go to the next biggest club and wouldn't feel like staying. BUT i don't think we have a shot at him. With the likes of athletic, dortmund, roma, arsenal, spurs, etc. all in for him, surely we won't blow the transfer kitty on one player? wouldn't be wise.

i think we should put our thinking elsewhere and shore up the rest of the squad and get a solid 10m-12m striker. we already have kone (should be good for 12 goals) and naismith (good for about 8 goals), so we just need another 15 goal scorer and mcaleny on the bench.

My sentiments exactly.

Regardless of if we could pay his transfer fee, there are a lot of other clubs reportedly interested in him; we won't be able to match some of the wages that these other clubs could offer.

my argument in Roms favour is that we changed how we played. Romey mentioned earlier that he became a target man in order to develop his game and with that he struggled. Play to his strengths. Look at his compilation of goals; nearly all played in front of him. Strength, reaction, positioning, finishing. Natural, born goal scorer:

Watched a few minutes of it. YouTube clips are a bit raw really. But I can see what you mean about running onto the ball instead of having his back to goal most of the time. Also noted how piss poor the marking was for a load of them.

Roberto seems to be really keen on him. So I'll just trust his decision!!!

Watched a few minutes of it. YouTube clips are a bit raw really. But I can see what you mean about running onto the ball instead of having his back to goal most of the time. Also noted how piss poor the marking was for a load of them.

Roberto seems to be really keen on him. So I'll just trust his decision!!!

in some cases yes, but most of the time its because hes lost his marker (watch how he drops off or finds space)

:lol: my point is, play to his strength, he will score goals. 14 goals, 6 assists. He is responsible for 20 of our goals

http://www.evertonfc.com/first-team-stats-2013/14

Most goals. Most shots on target. 2nd most assists. We scored 59 goals so far, he is responsible for 33% of them. How much more evidence do people need?!

And I keep saying a bang load of them came in his 'honeymoon' period. 8 in 9. 8 in 9. 8 in 9. 6 in 21. 6 in 21. 6 in 21.

Like I say, whatever Roberto decides will do me. I'm definitely done now!!!

Peace n out!!!

And I keep saying a bang load of them came in his 'honeymoon' period. 8 in 9. 8 in 9. 8 in 9. 6 in 21. 6 in 21. 6 in 21.

Like I say, whatever Roberto decides will do me. I'm definitely done now!!!

Peace n out!!!

or to put it another way; nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 3, nearly 1 in 3, nearly 1 in 3

:P

Edited by Matt

or to put it another way; nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 1, nearly 1 in 3, nearly 1 in 3, nearly 1 in 3

:P

Haha, yeah!! I'd pay £20 mill for 1 in 1. Not for 1 in 3 though.

There's the gamble...which one you gonna get?!!!

Interesting.

Haha, yeah!! I'd pay £20 mill for 1 in 1. Not for 1 in 3 though.

There's the gamble...which one you gonna get?!!!

Interesting.

1 in 3 is still a very good rate of return and the best we wouldve had since.... I cant remember!

for something more than that, you're talking a 40m+ striker on 100k a week

Edited by Matt

1 in 3 is still a very good rate of return and the best we wouldve had since.... I cant remember!

for something more than that, you're talking a 40m+ striker on 100k a week

You can't put a finger on prices and valuations in todays exaggerated market but mixed feelings about trying to keep the services of Lukaku. He's done well here and there and on occasion has been a menace to opposition defenses, but has hardly been prolific. One of the more exciting center forwards the club has taken on in recent years without question and eager to try to maintain his services beyond this season, but how much would they really want for him to sign on a permanent basis ? Do hope we can keep him after the summer if available at a realistic price. Certainly prepared to allow him more time at Everton to show what he can produce.

I know what your saying. But this is where stats play a shitter.

Again, 8 goals in 9 then 6 goals in 21. So yes, multiply it over a full season...more of a bad run? Who knows? Too simple that.

Please don't take that post of mine as serious.