IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Please tell me in what universe you are living on to think lukaku would be 'available' to buy this summer anyway? Also 10 million, 10 million?? Chelsea bought him for 17 million 2 years ago he's virtually a younger drogba what would possess mourinho to sell him at all let alone at a loss of 7 million when you could sell him for much more if they did wanted to sell him which is unlikely. The best we could hope for is to get lukaku on loan for the season.

I think probably this universe. I can't see Jose wanting to play a young lad each week when they already have Ba and Torres, and will probably sign another big name. Therefore he would be surplus to requirements and they can afford the loss.

I'm just applying a bit of logic to the situation that's all.

Chill.

Why wouldn't he be in their first team thoughts? It's not as though their strikers last year were banging them in.

You would expect players like Lukaku at these wealthy clubs to be very much in the minds of the managers but they always seem to overlook what these younger lads have achieved and throw mega money on a big name. I can see that being the case at Chelsea regardless of what the media says.

I'm of the same thought as StevO that Lukaku and Guidetti would both be great players for us along with Vellios who will hopefully see more first team action under a new manager We could have three great young strikers who all bring something different to the mix..a very long shot I know but it is silly season :)

Guidetti AND Lukaku? I like your thinking Paul!

• 2 months later...

I find it hard to believe this one....

But I would love it!!!!

Don't see why. They just signed Eto'o. Leaves them with Torres, Eto'o, Lukaku, and Demba Ba. Demba Ba reportedly will only go on loan to a CL team, which limits options. Lukaku becomes the most expendable one. We're selling Anichebe supposedly and are desperate for a striker with any sort of ability. Seems like a pretty logical move to me on both sides.

Don't see why. They just signed Eto'o. Leaves them with Torres, Eto'o, Lukaku, and Demba Ba. Demba Ba reportedly will only go on loan to a CL team, which limits options. Lukaku becomes the most expendable one. We're selling Anichebe supposedly and are desperate for a striker with any sort of ability. Seems like a pretty logical move to me on both sides.

Fair enough. But Jose wouldnt let him go last month because he had him in his plans.

Really hope we get him...just what we need!!!

tbh, as someone who follows Chelsea, Everton and Lukaku's every move, I think Lukaku must now leave Chelsea for at least this season. Everton would be the best option for him, as well as he'd be the best option for EFC and their style of playing. This deal should be done. The only thing that could come between is Mourinho. But screw him.