IGNORED

Coleman

Dead right, although I would have had him in the team long ago!

Me too Ig, I think he earned a closer look after his performances when he was given a go. I think it sent a very negative message out when he came on against Spurs, got us going forward, earned the MOTM and then he wasn't seen again :blink:.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have thought that now our season is pretty much over that it'd be the perfect opportunity to throw him in. I mean, there'd be no pressure on him because we're not really playing for anything so he could just go out there and show everyone what he can do, and we'd get to see how his defensive skills stand up in this league.

see where youre coming from Mark, but since the season could be pretty much over, leave him in a club that are proving to be a very good place for him, that desperately need him and actually have something to achieve. Ive read nothing but good things about him since he went, his confidence must be through the roof and im pretty sure that if he came back to sit on the bench (because Pip wont be dropped unfortunately) he wont be happy. Leave him to enjoy himself and bring him back for preseason. Hopefully DM will see the change and will play him through the friendlies, maybe into the next season. not 100% confident of that though!

Doesn't make sense to me why Moyes won't give Seamus a good run of games. I mean, it's odd that Moyes will rely on 19 y.o. Rodwell in midfield, and 21 y.o. Fellaini and turn around and say that 22 y.o. Seamus Coleman is too young...rubbish if you ask me. Keep him at Blackpool for the remainder of this season and even next if Moyes won't give him a shout.

He's made another dash into the area today and got another penalty for Blackpools 3-1 win, he has to come back to us next season.

Him and Baines raiding down each side, if we can get a 20 goal a season striker we could be in business.

Yak + Scoring boots = 20 goals/season

Saha + fitness = 15+ goals/season

• 3 weeks later...

Coleman once again in the thick of it today, playing a major role in Blackpool's equaliser (as well as standing up to some lanky chap!. I've seen him a few times for Blackpool and he puts in the same great shift that he displayed on the few occasions he did for us.

I really hope Moyes wants to keep this lad, I think he's great little player and dare say it, hes better than Hibbert and Neville and that position. Maybe not in experience but I think he oozes class.

Theres noting to say Moyes doesn't share this opinion, I just hope that he doesnt end up drifting away like some of the other lads who have shown promise. Don't get me wrong I think a loan spell wouldnt hurt at Blackpool but hes 21 now so I would like to see him getting a chance next season in the team.

Coleman once again in the thick of it today, playing a major role in Blackpool's equaliser (as well as standing up to some lanky chap!. I've seen him a few times for Blackpool and he puts in the same great shift that he displayed on the few occasions he did for us.

I really hope Moyes wants to keep this lad, I think he's great little player and dare say it, hes better than Hibbert and Neville and that position. Maybe not in experience but I think he oozes class.

Theres noting to say Moyes doesn't share this opinion, I just hope that he doesnt end up drifting away like some of the other lads who have shown promise. Don't get me wrong I think a loan spell wouldnt hurt at Blackpool but hes 21 now so I would like to see him getting a chance next season in the team.

thought he was awful today other than the goal

thought he was awful today other than the goal

Me too.

Apart from the little run to set up the goal he made a lot of rash mistakes, was often out of position (an attribute the Hibbert bashers don't like about Hibbert), pushed out the way by Forest's wingers on quite a few occasions... Seen Coleman play much better than he did today; still a great prospect but far from making right back his own right now.

TBH surprised at this one, thought he was well contracted already but his performances for Blackpool must mean people have come sniffing.

He was probably on very little money though I'd have thought and his performances/potential needed recognising :) .

Thought he only had a year left, sure I read that somewhere but that's not to say it was accurate.