IGNORED

Coleman

would be nice to have a whole side with pace must say! imagine them two rockets flyin away :D

Shhh, I might cream myself :unsure:.

I'm just hoping we can get Donovan signed (or someone similar if we can't get him) and Moyes isn't too cautious and gives Coleman a run of games so we can see if he's up to this league.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a man of the match performance against the 4th place side in the league...granted against a poor left flank in my opinion defensively but bale is very good at going forward as he has proved this season but seamus was just as impressive at the back! it would just be nice to have an enthusiastic full back on either side too and give the opponents two flanks to look at! and i think donovan is a must buy if that was the only signing we made all summer id be happy

Edited by marcopaulo

It would be nice to see him come back here before the end of the season if we cant realistically get a Europa spot. That way we should really see what he is made of!

Similarly now Gosling is out for what will seem like forever, we could use him down the right flank, especially coming on as sub if we are winning as he is a defender by trade which should sure up the wing with Neville and he will be pretty handy on the counter because of his pace and delivery.

I'm actually delighted for Seamus atm. Regardless of the fact of how he does at Everton, he has proven that he is well capable of peforming very well at a Championship level and he's got the basis of a career there.

Still want him to mirror that goal against Liverpool though :lol:

Was MOM today apparently?

Blackpool beat Donny Rovers 2-0.

Blackpool fan here.

Coleman has been brilliant since signing for us. Steady on the ball in defence and very, very good when going forward. Has very quick feet and some nice turns. He seems to have the knack of keeping the ball even if there are 2 players trying to tackle him.

Personally I think he needs at a bit more experience at this level, maybe till around May 2nd (or hopefully 22nd May if we make the play-offs).

He was also voted MOM today.

From GOT: http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/24359-Sir-Seamus-Coleman?p=536328#post536328

Edited by Grarghsies

Hope Blackpool make the play offs and go all the way with Seamie on-board.

Would be a fantastic experience for him and with that under his belt I'd have no problem with him starting next season. Though even without that experience it's easy to see he has the mental strength to play in the PL.

I know we need him, but I think, if the best for Blackpool happens and they win the play-off it might be a great move both for Seamie and Moyes' confidence in him, to arrange a half season loan (August-December). Could be great for all parties involved as he'd quite likely be starting week-in and week-out.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

I know we need him, but I think, if the best for Blackpool happens and they win the play-off. I think it may be a great move both for Seamie and Moyes' confidence in him, to arrange a half season loan (August-December). Could be great for all parties involved as he'd quite likely be starting week-in and week-out.

Yeah good point

I suppose it all depends on what Moysie has instore for him, I would rather he stayed there and got regular football than be a bit part player here. Im sur they could put a clause in the contract to recall him if need be

Yeah good point

I suppose it all depends on what Moysie has instore for him, I would rather he stayed there and got regular football than be a bit part player here. Im sur they could put a clause in the contract to recall him if need be

²²²²²²²²²²²²²

nothing to add there, this would be ideal for all parties

would love to see Coleman stay and get Blackpool promoted. Our season is all but over now...I still think we'll finish 7th, mostly because I think we'll beat Villa and they'll stumble in one of their run-in games. Can't see us catching the RS because their run-in is, on paper, just as easy as ours. Coleman should come back for next year and be given his chance.

I'd have thought that now our season is pretty much over that it'd be the perfect opportunity to throw him in. I mean, there'd be no pressure on him because we're not really playing for anything so he could just go out there and show everyone what he can do, and we'd get to see how his defensive skills stand up in this league.

I'd have thought that now our season is pretty much over that it'd be the perfect opportunity to throw him in. I mean, there'd be no pressure on him because we're not really playing for anything so he could just go out there and show everyone what he can do, and we'd get to see how his defensive skills stand up in this league.

Spot on.

Dead right, although I would have had him in the team long ago!