IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Bolton

MikeO

MOTM v Bolton  

53 members have voted

1. 1. ?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?-?

• Tim Howard
    • Phil Neville
    • Sylvain Distin
    • Phil Jagielka
    • Leighton Baines
    • Johnny Heitinga
    • Victor Anichebe
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Ayegbani Yakubu
    • Tim Cahill
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Louis Saha
    • Leon Osman

pollresizear5.jpg

_47507524_evertongoal766getty.jpg

_47507657_piennar766getty.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Pienaar 166

Heitinga 161

Osman 135

Saha 111

Cahill 108

Arteta 101

Rodwell 99

Baines 88

Howard 87

Bilyaletdinov 82

Hibbert 71

Donovan 71

Coleman 70

Distin 44

Yakubu 34

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

Anichebe 13

Neville 11

João Alves Jô 10

Jagielka 9

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Senderos 4

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Birmingham (A) Mikel Arteta

Hull City (H) Mikel Arteta

Tottenham (A) Ayegbeni Yakubu

Sporting Lisbon (A) Tim Howard

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I dont think anyone really stood out today and at times our play in the final third was pretty terrible. Having said that we dominated the game and deserved the win.

Howard - A couple of quality saves and it was nice to get a clean sheet.

Baines - Looked assured again although I thought his crosses in general were a bit weak and floaty.

Distin - Solid enough

Jags - Seems to be trying to play the ball a bit too much. Just concentrate on defending and playing the simple ball a bit more until your a bit sharper. Solid though.

Neville - Solid enough.

Heitinga - Broke up the play well again, but I though he wandered on a couple of occasions. Could have also been Motm.

Arteta - Was solid, and looked very good on the ball and he scored a cracking goal. Just about edged it for me.

Cahill - Fairly anonymous. Seemed to be picking the ball up to deep leaving Yakubu all on his own.

Vic - Did well when he was on but should have swung a left foot at the ball when he was through on goal. Hopefully his injury isnt too bad as he is looking decent. He also showed a nice turn of pace today as well.

Pienaar - Probably one of his worst displays this season IMO. Yes he worked very hard which I commend him for but for the 1st 70 mins his touch and passing seemed to abandon him. Just one of those games I guess.

Yakubu - Worked really really hard IMO. Again his touch let him down a couple of times but he definitely put in a shift today. Hopefully it continues.

Billy - Im not entirely sure he touched the ball in the 1st half when he came on but seemed to grow in confidence in the 2nd half and got a few decent touches in and around the box. Hopefully with a proper rest and pre-season to work on his game he comes back next year rejuvinated and shows us how good a player he really is because at the moment he looks fairly average.

Saha - Did well when he came on.

Osman - Should have scored the rebound but made up for it with a great assist.

I thought Johnny H was solid again and when Ossie came on he looked the best player on the pitch but wasnt quite on long enough to get MoM

I ended up going with Distin , thought he looked immense today especially seeing as though he had to cover for a very shakey performance from Jags

I suppose its only natural that Jags will looka little rusty after so long out just hope he can put his last 2 performances behind him quickly

I dont think anyone really stood out today and at times our play in the final third was pretty terrible. Having said that we dominated the game and deserved the win.

Howard - A couple of quality saves and it was nice to get a clean sheet.

Baines - Looked assured again although I thought his crosses in general were a bit weak and floaty.

Distin - Solid enough

Jags - Seems to be trying to play the ball a bit too much. Just concentrate on defending and playing the simple ball a bit more until your a bit sharper. Solid though.

Neville - Solid enough.

Heitinga - Broke up the play well again, but I though he wandered on a couple of occasions. Could have also been Motm.

Arteta - Was solid, and looked very good on the ball and he scored a cracking goal. Just about edged it for me.

Cahill - Fairly anonymous. Seemed to be picking the ball up to deep leaving Yakubu all on his own.

Vic - Did well when he was on but should have swung a left foot at the ball when he was through on goal. Hopefully his injury isnt too bad as he is looking decent. He also showed a nice turn of pace today as well.

Pienaar - Probably one of his worst displays this season IMO. Yes he worked very hard which I commend him for but for the 1st 70 mins his touch and passing seemed to abandon him. Just one of those games I guess.

Yakubu - Worked really really hard IMO. Again his touch let him down a couple of times but he definitely put in a shift today. Hopefully it continues.

Billy - Im not entirely sure he touched the ball in the 1st half when he came on but seemed to grow in confidence in the 2nd half and got a few decent touches in and around the box. Hopefully with a proper rest and pre-season to work on his game he comes back next year rejuvinated and shows us how good a player he really is because at the moment he looks fairly average.

Saha - Did well when he came on.

Osman - Should have scored the rebound but made up for it with a great assist.

This ^^ (pretty much) Don't agree with the Bily bit though, I thought that apart from the couple of nice touches he was crap. I too believe (and hope) though that we will see a much better version next season.

Edited by iggy

I gave it to Johnny H. Tireless and solid work rate.

Jags was indeed shaky, that soft backpass was a worry!

Cahill, relatively anonymous except for the usual hard tackles.

Bily, better performance, I think the reason we didn't see him in the first half was because... we didn't really use the right hand side in the first half... 8% IIRC. I felt that the lack of game time had dulled him a bit and he grew into the game later, some good trackling back and tackles, was unlucky when he turned their defender and was penalised for nothing.

The pinpoint passing was completely missing from this game, I was a nervous wreck until Yakubu was brought down. So glad that Arteta scored from a free kill, will do his confidence a world of good given how his free kicks of the past month have turned out..

If we beat city mid-week I'd be tipping Europa spot for sure.

just watching football first and I think Bily's played pretty well.

He's been running all over looking to get involved, some nice little balls, some good runs through looking for a final ball and generally looking very keen.

Heitinga's been very good as usual, he's come forward into the edge of Bolton's final third with our constant attacking so been more involved than he might otherwise have been.

Yak's looking much better the last few games, much fitter and not afraid to have a strike from anywhere.

Arteta another player who's had a very decent game, I'd say he's back to old form now. Great to see.

(OMG just seen Osman miss...shameful!)

Oh Jonny Jonny!!!

Distin was a close second though; he had an excellent game at the back.

Mark, did that hurt?? lol I agree though, he actually carried Jags through most of the game, i myself never thought i'd ever say it.

Pienaar was very very off yday, not sure why?? didnt get any the night before maybe?? passes were over hit or intercepted.

Jonny is a legend and on his way to be a real cult hero! Just look at Marks Display Pic, to see how class he is hahahaha!!

Heittinga for me. A solid display in quite a lethargic overall performance not helped by Boltons spoiling tactics. I thought we struggled at times with their aerial prowess, which is more evident when we play teams with two big forwards. I can't agree with the 'Billy' votes. I thought he was poor and really needs that rest and hopefully next season we will see his true self.

Just watched the replay on MOTD2 and I don't know if anyone noticed but Billy is lying on the floor like he's having a picnic when the second goal goes in. I wonder if you can buy season tickets where he's sitting cos they'd be great seats.

I also noticed that yesterday, obviously didn't take it into consideration for my vote though :unsure:

Lazzzy boy.