Sign in to follow this  
Louis

Joao Silva (Signed)

I know that this is seen as a bit of a coup, but imo the one position Portugal struggle to produce decent talent for, is their strikers?? How good is this guy, anyone seen anything? If he's had the big clubs after him, he must be pretty good!

Like Bill said, with the promise noted and the price quoted (poet and know it) its not that big of a gamble eh?

EDIT: Found this - http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?p=953019

That could mean goodbye to Vaughan or Anichebe, or both.

Was going to say its a gamble but at that price its not a gamble at all really.

I dont think it will necessarily mean the departure of either. I think it definately means Jutkiewicz will never play another minute in an Everton shirt and that hopefully we wont waste any of our wage bill on Beckford.

I definately dont think Vic will be going anywhere (especially as he is being used out wide more often and doing a good job) and I think we should at least let Vaughan get a good 6/12 month, injury free loan where he can play some regular 1st team footy.

If this guy is as good as those reports suggest then he is the type of player we could do with and that price certainly fits the bill! Even if he doesnt make it then we should be able to flog him off for probably double that price.

"2 players signed on before the window is even open?! Who is really in charge and what have they done with our board!!! "

i know... it does seam weird, maybe that's why moyes has been hinting at no signings in the summer- because they plan to get them all done now in the spring

I read somewhere they are calling him the new Pauleta.

I read that too, and the link has already been posted above. But here it is again.

I know nothing about Silva, but I haven't heard anything negative as yet.

i want to know who is in charge and what they did with our board!!!

I know what you mean mate, :unsure: 3 signings and we're not even a third of the way through June!

Definitely not "The Everton Way" that we have become used to.........

Going to be a real step up for both him and Beckford. Can't really see either as a direct replacement for Yak, unless we believe Saha is going to be fully fit with Anichebe the main deputy, and that certainly seems a risk to me.

Going to be a real step up for both him and Beckford. Can't really see either as a direct replacement for Yak, unless we believe Saha is going to be fully fit with Anichebe the main deputy, and that certainly seems a risk to me.

got to be good, at least there are 5 players fighting for 1 (maybe 2) positiions. Better than 3 like we had before.

i've never seen him or heard of him, but im actually excited that we have brought in a young foreign talent. its just not what we do! hopefully the lad will continue his progress and push the first team. at 20 its not like he's a school boy and he's definitely big enough physically.

and again, good work to the club in getting it done early.

Its great that we are getting these signings in early but lets be honest we havent signed anyone that would have the opposition fearing us merely squad fillers. (I know we need them) but I would like to see us get a big name in early on so Peanuts and Mikel can see our intent and renew contracts.

Noooo Joooo!!!!!!

Glad we got shot of him, as for this new guy well I loke most Toffess don't know much about him, fingers crossed Moyes' scouting has unearthed another gem!

How much did he cost? As I read somewhere it was £500,000 but the Star (unreliable I know) said £3.5million - we surely haven't got that much to spend on untried youngsters???

Could be a very good signing this. Definitely has the physical presence for the league. If he works hard then there's no reason he can't succeed.

Could be a very good signing this. Definitely has the physical presence for the league. If he works hard then there's no reason he can't succeed.

How are you up!? Why have you not got the biggest hangover of your life :P

The Sun says we paid £50k & the Star says we paid £3.5m. Bit of a difference there hey!

I thought it was somewhere in the region of £5-700k?

p.s i'm well impressed we've got three in already whats going on?

How are you up!? Why have you not got the biggest hangover of your life :P

I don't get hangovers unless it's hot outside :lol:

Got in ahout 2-3 in the morning, was up at 10!

I don't get hangovers unless it's hot outside :lol:

Got in ahout 2-3 in the morning, was up at 10!

Nor me! Must be an "Ian" thing :thumbsup_still:

It was the Star that mentioned the £3.5m, but they thought it was for Jo not Joao. :lol:

I've seen 500 thousand and 750 thousand mentioned, but i haven't seen anybody mention millions.

Jo.jpg

What-a mistake-a to make-a. :lol:

Hey,

Just wanted to know, as I don't seem to have heard ANYTHING AT ALL POST SIGNINING Has Silva been getting any time in games? & If so any good? If not WTF?