IGNORED

Your View For Next Season

LexKing

56 members have voted

1. 1. What we need for next season?

Even this season is going on its fastest pace and really important times ahead and we have run really good lately, i would like to hear opinions about next season already. We are close to have our best possible squad available(ofc missing Maru), where or how should we may be get team strengtened next season. New players? Stars? Regular starting 11? Or useful squadplayers? Atm we have finally players even at bench who can improve our game, when they come in(J-Rod, Senderos back, Coleman maybe next season, Saha/Yak, Bily, Gossip Dan). What is our contract situation at summer?

Edited by Romey 1878

Is that supposed to be the title of the thread?

Hmm, didnt understand what you mean. What i tryed to do with this thread, were that we open conversation already for next season and not just my opinion. Im quite interested about everyone elses interest of what we would need, when atm everything is looking very good.

edit: And if you see better title for this, i dont mind if you change it. My english does these things sometimes :D

Edited by LexKing

My view on next season!

If we take present form into it, are lucky with injuries, sign a couple of players who can improve the squad and keep the team spirit, then unless something strange happens :unsure: we could be in for a decent season.

Thing is there's the potential for everything to go right for the Birminghams, Villa's and Spurs of this world, so you just never can tell.

Could be a very big season for Rodwell, Anichebe and Vaughan.

Arteta and Jagielka back to their best, Fellaini up and running.Piennar and Baines partnership getting even better and so on!

We need to be sure of cover for Howard, the right back position and even cover for Baines.

Lets finish this season in style and win every game....you just never know.

ive said this in several other threads, but most important thing is that we keep Pienaar. Donovan would be a wonderful addition, if not definate priority is a right winger. Striker would be second on my list and after that a star signing (which i dont see us getting). If we can keep our team together we're serious CL contenders for next year (dare I say title contenders given our current run? err... not quite!). I have a bad feeling that if Peanuts goes, we will struggle at the begining of the season again and face a rerun of this year. On the positive side, we keep Pienaar, get Lando/a decent out-n-out right winger and a new striker/Yak finds his shooting boots, Screech comes back at the same form and the team continues to improve like they have done so far this year... we will be pushing the top 3. I think a season without Europe may even do us good, though im still going with 5th for us this year....

If i was the manager i would make the following changes at Everton.

First off i would keep Yobo but replace Distin with Taylor, i think Yobo is a better player to have as back-up than Distin, We can then rotate between Jags, Heitinga, Taylor and Yobo.

Any two of those 4 would be pretty solid.

I would bring back Coleman but sell Hibbo, he's been a good servant to us but i think we should look for better now if we intend to push for fourth next season, and we need to buy cover for Baines.

Midfield need refurbishing, so as much as i like Cahill and Osman i think they can be improved on. I think we have had the best out of Cahill and his high standard seems to be slipping, as does Osmans but thats due to being played out of position. he is not a winger.

The Forwards definately need a good overhaul, I think Yakubu might have had his best season for us, i cant ever see him score 20 for us in a season again.

Saha always looks Class but its no good if he only plays once in every four games.

Vaughan and Annichebe are mysteries, both had massive potential 4 years ago but have not shown it on any regular basis, so i would keep only one of them hoping that he can finally make it.

Therefore i would offload ......

Senderos free, Hibbo £4m Distin £4, Cahill £5m, Osman £4m, Yakubu £8m, Saha £2m, Vaughan £2m, and Bilyaletdinov £6, if he doesnt shape up in the first part of next season. I think that equals £35m.

Even without a transfer kitty, is that enough to buy a left back, a good right winger, and a couple of good strikers. Eight Players off the wage bill but only 4 decent ones brought in.

Thats what i would do, But i'm not the Manager. :D

First off i would keep Yobo but replace Distin with Taylor, i think Yobo is a better player to have as back-up than Distin, We can then rotate between Jags, Heitinga, Taylor and Yobo.

I would bring back Coleman but sell Hibbo, he's been a good servant to us but i think we should look for better now if we intend to push for fourth next season, and we need to buy cover for Baines.

Midfield need refurbishing, so as much as i like Cahill and Osman i think they can be improved on. I think we have had the best out of Cahill and his high standard seems to be slipping, as does Osmans but thats due to being played out of position. he is not a winger.

The Forwards definately need a good overhaul, I think Yakubu might have had his best season for us, i cant ever see him score 20 for us in a season again.

Saha always looks Class but its no good if he only plays once in every four games.

Vaughan and Annichebe are mysteries, both had massive potential 4 years ago but have not shown it on any regular basis, so i would keep only one of them hoping that he can finally make it.

Senderos free, Hibbo £4m Distin £4, Cahill £5m, Osman £4m, Yakubu £8m, Saha £2m, Vaughan £2m, and Bilyaletdinov £6, if he doesnt shape up in the first part of next season. I think that equals £35m.

Even without a transfer kitty, is that enough to buy a left back, a good right winger, and a couple of good strikers. Eight Players off the wage bill but only 4 decent ones brought in.

i doubt we'd get a tenner for the pair at the moment :lol::lol:

We need to compete (even for the title, yes i said it):

Top Draw, reliable striker.

Young promising striker.

Creative/attacking Mid.

Cover for Left Back.

Right Winger.

Alot to ask for aye, but thats the reality of what we need to make the next step up :)

Try to keep everyone if possible but if not these may have to go:

Senderos (Back to the Arse to be sold)

Yakubu (Lost his smile and doesnt look like getting it back...oh and his shooting boots have worn out)

Vaughn (Its inevitable and obvious that Moyes rates Anichebe higher than him)

So i've put the vote on star players :)

No offence Bill but thank god! you'd sell half the spine of the team (Cahill, Ossie, Saha, Hibbo to an extent) and leave us with no squad players? If you sell half of them, morale disappears then it doesnt matter who you bring in, the team would be completely disjointed. We are just about getting to a squad size where DM is going to have a tough time picking his team (with exception of LB), there is competition for places.

Hibbo - will never be sold and i think he would rather retire.

Distin - doing a decent job and a good plug for when needed, still think he and Jags will improve as a partnership.

Skippy - 7mill would be tempting but no less, he can change a game. Hes not had the best season but considering all the brilliant performances he has given us, still wouldnt be willing to let him go unless its lucrative.

Ossie - biased here, dont want to see he go anywhere, again if its silly money (8m+) then ok.

Yak - anything near 8 mill and i would pack his bags...

Saha - our leading goalscorer for 2m? After a contract extension???? maybe you meant 12m, this would be more understandable but still a no no.

Vaughn - fair enough, hes not quite lived up to expectations, but is still young. 2+ would be enough though.

Bily - even if youre saying wait til Jan, still harsh, he will turn out to be a cracking player. I see similar problems with Bily that Screech had. Also, no way DM would go and spend 9m on someone who he wouldnt expect to come good.

We need to compete (even for the title, yes i said it):

Top Draw, reliable striker.

Young promising striker.

Creative/attacking Mid.

Cover for Left Back.

Right Winger.

agree with all that (including the title push to a degree!) but not with creative/attacking mid. Ossie, Billy, Pienaar at a push can all play there. Lowest priority....

Edited by galacticaracnid

a striker that will pop them in week in week out must be a priority when you see how many chances we get, Saha is awesome but simply doesn't play enough albeit more for us than he played for manure. i reckon Donovan also showed us what we are missing on the right- Ossie bleeds blue bless him but just aint a winger by any means- any suggestions if we cant get Donovan?

I would sell Ruddy and Jutzeweitz? for £1 million ish aswell as yobo(£7 million), Yak(£7 million), Vaughan(£3 million). We should have enough to buy Landon for our one signing with our own money and that gives us £18 million to play with. I would go all out for Vagner Love who played in Russia who i believe is back in Brazil. He plays up front on his own and would be perfect for the prem. We can maybe get some good freebies like the goalie Mucha, Ledley and i would take Beckford and sell him for a profit if he is not up to it. Throw in the usual gems on loan from Davey that gives us a pant wettingly good squad.

No offence Bill but thank god! you'd sell half the spine of the team (Cahill, Ossie, Saha, Hibbo to an extent) and leave us with no squad players? If you sell half of them, morale disappears then it doesnt matter who you bring in, the team would be completely disjointed. We are just about getting to a squad size where DM is going to have a tough time picking his team (with exception of LB), there is competition for places.

Hibbo - will never be sold and i think he would rather retire.

Distin - doing a decent job and a good plug for when needed, still think he and Jags will improve as a partnership.

Skippy - 7mill would be tempting but no less, he can change a game. Hes not had the best season but considering all the brilliant performances he has given us, still wouldnt be willing to let him go unless its lucrative.

Ossie - biased here, dont want to see he go anywhere, again if its silly money (8m+) then ok.

Yak - anything near 8 mill and i would pack his bags...

Saha - our leading goalscorer for 2m? After a contract extension???? maybe you meant 12m, this would be more understandable but still a no no.

Vaughn - fair enough, hes not quite lived up to expectations, but is still young. 2+ would be enough though.

Bily - even if youre saying wait til Jan, still harsh, he will turn out to be a cracking player. I see similar problems with Bily that Screech had. Also, no way DM would go and spend 9m on someone who he wouldnt expect to come good.

agree with all that (including the title push to a degree!) but not with creative/attacking mid. Ossie, Billy, Pienaar at a push can all play there. Lowest priority....

Totally agree , if the last 2 seasons have taught us anything surely its that our squad isnt big enough.

Totally agree , if the last 2 seasons have taught us anything surely its that our squad isnt big enough.

I have no intention of reducing the squad, i have put forward my view, and that is to improve on four players that we need.

Replace Distan with a younger possibly better centre half.

Improve on Osman and Cahill with a good winger and an attacking midfielder

Plus a couple of decent strikers to improve on the motley crew we have at the moment.

I cant seee how that has weakened the squad, any other cover thats needed can be loans.

I did say at the end of my post that i am not the manager, but thats just what i would like to do.

Instead of picking holes in everybodys opinion Duncan (something your very good at) why not give yours. ;)

i'd agree with distin if we could get taylor but the chances are low..he wouldnt leave them when they was relegated so what are the chances he will now? i think bill is just bein realistic in that we have to improve the right wing situation and attacking mid but we need to sell to buy that's all..and as much as i like osman if we could sell and get a better player in i would go with that..same with tim although i think we would need more than 9m for the pair for that to happen..and as for the strikers well maybe wolves was a one off but even so it highlighted a potential problem for next year and vaughan spends too much time injured for him to progress beyond his current level i think..i dont agree with selling bily though until we have seen what he does next year..it could be the making of him and then again it may not be but he is well worth a fair crack i think he has a sweet left peg when he decides to use it!

I think I'm the only one that likes Distin :unsure:

Thats not a problem, its your opinion and nobody should get onto you for stating it.

Its the same for most players, Yobo, Fellaini, Osman Cahill, Billy, Yakubu, some people love them and some dont, its not a problem. :)

I have no intention of reducing the squad, i have put forward my view, and that is to improve on four players that we need.

Replace Distan with a younger possibly better centre half.

Plus a couple of decent strikers to improve on the motley crew we have at the moment.

I cant seee how that has weakened the squad, any other cover thats needed can be loans.

I did say at the end of my post that i am not the manager, but thats just what i would like to do.

Instead of picking holes in everybodys opinion Duncan (something your very good at) why not give yours. ;)

Easy tiger I was merely agreeing with galacticthingy

However you did say

"Therefore i would offload ......

Thats what i would do, But i'm not the Manager. "

Now Im no mathematician but getting rid of eight players and bringing four in would indicate to me that we would be reducing the squad numbers by 4

I think I'm the only one that likes Distin :unsure:

dont get me wrong i like him too but he i wouldnt mind a younger defender in maybe a bit younger than jags that's all and i think if he was to be sold this would the last chance we'd get a decent amount for him...personally i would be happy for him to stay should the chance of a younger one not arise

Easy tiger I was merely agreeing with galacticthingy

However you did say

"Therefore i would offload ......

Now Im no mathematician but getting rid of eight players and bringing four in would indicate to me that we would be reducing the squad numbers by 4

There you go again, read my post again Duncan.

"Replace Distan with a younger possibly better centre half.

I cant seee how that has weakened the squad, any other cover thats needed can be loans".

So a rundown on what i have done .........

Replace C Half with another C Half, Replace two midfielders with a R Winger and an Attacking Mid, Replace a couple of forwards with a couple of strikers, bring back Coleman To replace Hibbert, and of course the last sentence was ... "any other cover thats needed can be loans". aka a left back and replace Senderos with another loan.

I dont see that weakening the squad one bit, in fact i have replaced some jaded players with better quality and brought in the same amount that has gone out,

But i know you will still disagree because its in your nature to do so.

I cant seee how that has weakened the squad, any other cover thats needed can be loans".

Replace C Half with another C Half, Replace two midfielders with a R Winger and an Attacking Mid, Replace a couple of forwards with a couple of strikers, bring back Coleman To replace Hibbert, and of course the last sentence was ... "any other cover thats needed can be loans". aka a left back and replace Senderos with another loan.

I dont see that weakening the squad one bit, in fact i have replaced some jaded players with better quality and brought in the same amount that has gone out,

thats five not four :P

No idea what your problem is but please stick to the facts

For info I have included your entire post below

"If i was the manager i would make the following changes at Everton.

At no point do you mention bringing in loans and YOUR parting shot was "Eight Players off the wage bill but only 4 decent ones brought in"

Now surely you can see where I got the impression that you wanted to reduce the size of the squad?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

We should have enough to buy Landon for our one signing with our own money and that gives us £18 million to play with. I would go all out for Vagner Love who played in Russia who i believe is back in Brazil. He plays up front on his own and would be perfect for the prem.

You do realize Vagner Love is probably the tiniest lone striker in the world today. 171 cm tall and weighing in at 72 kgs I fail to see how he could ever prosper as a lone striker in a league that is as physical as the Premier League. I think we need someone who can get the ball stuck in when we resort to hoofing but who can still contribute when we are doing our best Total Football impression..