IGNORED

Arteta ................

According to Radio City this afternoon, they had been informed he is out for the season. Anyone seen or heard this confirmed anywhere? The presenter of the show was a bit sheepish after he announced it but felt as he had been told and he was live on air that he had to disclose it to the listeners.

I do find it a bit strange tbh... He missed the Wolves game to protect a niggle, yet he also misses this game when he could have at least made the bench with a niggle in case we needed him.

Having said that the season is more or less over for us especially if we lose at Villa, so even if he is out for our last few games its not going to be that much of a big deal.

It's no coincidence that we failed to break West Ham and Wolves down in his absence, if he is carrying an injury it would probably better if he rested it and ensure he was fighting fir for next season. If we lose to Villa are season is effectively over anyway so it isn't vital we play him.

Well we have got five frendlies left between now and the start of the preseason so as long as he is back by then Im not bothered!

Its probably all just rumour mongering anyway. There were all kinds of rumours flying around that his career was over only for him to then be back in the squad within a matter of days last time

Its really scary how dependant we are on him. The last 2 games he wouldve opened the opposition up and we wouldve been putting 4-5 past them. Im wondering if Bily should play in the middle when Arteta isnt about, even Ossie is better out on the wing...

Well we have got five frendlies left between now and the start of the preseason so as long as he is back by then Im not bothered!

Its probably all just rumour mongering anyway. There were all kinds of rumours flying around that his career was over only for him to then be back in the squad within a matter of days last time

If it is a rumour what I heard on the Radio, then that is poor reporting and journalistic skills by radio City and their presenters for announcing it and announcing that they had been told by the club and Arteta on crutches in Woolton is definatley not a rumour because I seen him first hand and I am not into starting non-sensical rumours.

If it is a rumour what I heard on the Radio, then that is poor reporting and journalistic skills by radio City and their presenters for announcing it and announcing that they had been told by the club and Arteta on crutches in Woolton is definatley not a rumour because I seen him first hand and I am not into starting non-sensical rumours.

I have no doubt that you did see him on crutches Im just hoping that it was more of a precaution than anything else.

Maybe that is how the rumour started in the first place, somebody else saw him on crutches and put 2 and 2 together to get 5

The way I see it is if he is out for the season why would the club cover it up? its not as if we have any big games coming up because our season is over anyway

I have no doubt that you did see him on crutches Im just hoping that it was more of a precaution than anything else.

Possibly

Maybe that is how the rumour started in the first place, somebody else saw him on crutches and put 2 and 2 together to get 5

Probably

The way I see it is if he is out for the season why would the club cover it up? its not as if we have any big games coming up because our season is over anyway

Agree but typical of the apathy that club often affords itself.

So much for luck with injuries easing...

On an even more pessimistic note, worrying that Arteta has picked up something like this so soon after coming back from the cruciate injury. We've got no one in the squad who can offer what he can to the team and he's not getting any younger, I wonder if Moyes will start casting half an eye round for his replacement in the summer?

So much for luck with injuries easing...

On an even more pessimistic note, worrying that Arteta has picked up something like this so soon after coming back from the cruciate injury. We've got no one in the squad who can offer what he can to the team and he's not getting any younger, I wonder if Moyes will start casting half an eye round for his replacement in the summer?

Not quite sure why clubs do it, Everton aren't the only ones that don't release full details of injuries. I am an Aussie Rules fan and I know my club over here does the same thing, and while it frustrates the heck out of me, I don't think its uncommon. Why do they do it? No idea.

As for the idea that it is "worrying" that Arteta has picked up an injury I think that is far from the truth. It is not uncommon for players coming off long term injuries to pick up niggles upon their return.

Don't think there is any need to be concerned on this one. In fact, I would be more than happy for the club to put him in cotton wool until the end of the season. A full pre-season under his belt and I'm sure we'll see him back to his best next season (and the same can be said for Yakubu and Jagielka).

He'll have to conjure up a fair wedge of money first, so he can look for a creative player all he likes but until that money appears he won't be buying.

I agree, unless he can stumble across another Mickey sat on the bench for his hometown Spanish club costing £2m :P

Not quite sure why clubs do it, Everton aren't the only ones that don't release full details of injuries. I am an Aussie Rules fan and I know my club over here does the same thing, and while it frustrates the heck out of me, I don't think its uncommon. Why do they do it? No idea.

As for the idea that it is "worrying" that Arteta has picked up an injury I think that is far from the truth. It is not uncommon for players coming off long term injuries to pick up niggles upon their return.

Don't think there is any need to be concerned on this one. In fact, I would be more than happy for the club to put him in cotton wool until the end of the season. A full pre-season under his belt and I'm sure we'll see him back to his best next season (and the same can be said for Yakubu and Jagielka).

Actually I take the 'worrying' back - for some reason I had it in my head that he was 30/31, managed to add two or three years on him somehow! I agree, get him through pre-season and look forward to him running our midfield again next season