IGNORED

Singing Area At Goodison Park

This is for anyone who would like to see a designated 'Singing Area' at Goodison Park. The club are not interested at the moment so it's in our own hands. Atmosphere is extremely important and it can spur the team on. But in recent years no one can argue that the atmosphere has dropped dramatically at our unique and fantastic old football stadium. Away fans come and take the mickey and get nothing back. We are a huge club with massive numbers home and away. We need to back this with atmosphere that makes other teams up and down the country fear Goodison Park again. I understand not everyone wants to stand up and chant at the game and have no problem with that. But myself and plenty others do and we feel that if we were given our own area to sing at the match without the fear of being told to 'sit the f**k down lad' it would be beneficial to the supports and the team. So please join this group if you would like to see something like this put into place. It would be a good idea if we could discuss certain areas that would be suitable for us to take over. Post idea's on the wall. Let's make this happen blues.

Group Link below.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=108353379199186&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=108353379199186&ref=ts

I think the real question being asked in this thread is...Why not bring back terracing to English football?

I understand what happened at Hillsborough but it was stated in Taylor's report that poor police and management were to blame, not the terraces themselves.

I was watching a video the other day about Everton in the 80's and was amazed by the atmosphere at Goodison in the old terraces, basically this is the type of atmosphere that you want restored, so why not restore the terraces?

And before people start to object I suggest they look at the German model of terracing, safe standing areas that provide excellent atmosphere and can be easily converted to seating (at a loss of occupancy) for European matches.

I think the real question being asked in this thread is...Why not bring back terracing to English football?

I understand what happened at Hillsborough but it was stated in Taylor's report that poor police and management were to blame, not the terraces themselves.

I was watching a video the other day about Everton in the 80's and was amazed by the atmosphere at Goodison in the old terraces, basically this is the type of atmosphere that you want restored, so why not restore the terraces?

And before people start to object I suggest they look at the German model of terracing, safe standing areas that provide excellent atmosphere and can be easily converted to seating (at a loss of occupancy) for European matches.

What video was that mate?

By the way. Count me in!