IGNORED

Tim Cahill Vs Bendtner Vs Berbatov. What Could We Get For Cahill?

In my bias interpretation, Tim is our best and most important player. His year hasn't been that great, but it has once again been solid. In saying that if he actually plays to his absolute potential, we could do big things in any season.

So i have a few questions?

How do you rate Tim compared to Bendtner and Berbatov? Now to me, those two seem pretty soft, and they obviously play for major clubs. Berbatov is no where near as potent in the air, whereas Bendtner is close, but not in Tim's aerial ability. Obviously other skills Berbatov is better. But in the case of Bendtner his skills aren't actually better than Cahill's.

So is Cahill better than Bendtner and Berbatov? I think there is a case can be made to show both.

And if he is, what could we get for him if we sold him at the end of the year.

So we could than buy a very good striker for next year?

Bendtner is absolute dog shit, not even worth mentioning him in the same breath as Cahill IMO. Berbatov is a completely different player to Cahill so you can't really compare them really.

I think we'd get £8million tops for Cahill due to his age, injury history, his lack of technical ability, and poor form this season.

Oh dear so I am..... Silly of me wasn't it? :lol:

not you, the OP, ronaldinho and messi aren't strikers.

i think 8 million max is about right so i agree with mark. although i disagree over bendtner, he's inonsistent but he's good when hes on form and he's still young, i'd have him at everton in a heartbeat

Edited by CraccerC

any striker that needs about 10 chances a game to score(i.e. bendtner) isn't good enough in my opinion..he had a decent game where he scored a hat trick but other than that he is shite if you ask me

Bendtner is miles ahead of Cahill technically but unfortunately for Wenger he doesnt have anywhere near the mental attributes to be a class striker and if backs were against the wall or we really needed a goal I would vote for Cahill everytime.

If Crouch was as good as Timmy in the air for his size he would be nodding them in from above the Volcanic cloud.

Just for the sheer possibility of getting a vital goal when we need one, my vote goes to Tim.

Saying that I am not sure I would reject the offer of someone like Carlos Tevez.... (or Messi :lol: )

But I wouldn't swap Tim for them without some serious thinking.

he'll be a good player in a season or 2 i think

Really? He's got a terrible first touch, he's pretty shit in the air, he's thick is pig shit judging by his sloppiness with the ball, slow, takes too many chances to score. I don't see much in that to suggest he'll be any good.