IGNORED

Pre-season

Louis

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go batshit crazy if the Toffees played here! :D

Unfortunately our local top flight comp here (A-League) isn't the best quality what with it being the 6th(I think) season...

That said, last year, we had Fulham and Celtic out here, so I can't see see why Everton wouldn't play here too!

The FFA would be VERY accommodating to their golden boy(Timmy)'s Club. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey lads. I'm an Everton supporter in Melbourne, Australia. Very excited by the news they are coming to Australia. Over the past few years we've had Celtic, Juventus, and Fulham come from pre-season tours so great to see Everton join that list. As for the shit opposition comment, yes your right our local teams and our league in general are pretty rubbish, but its the best we got and it has its moments B) .

As for the opposition listed, you've got probably two of the worst teams to play. Melbourne Heart (And yes that sadly is their real name. Our league is run by complete dropkicks with no idea about football) are only a new team, only played their first practice game a few days ago, and have only got around 12 or so players signed up so far. And to think they will be playing Everton in a few months.

Brisbane Roar (Once again, yes, that is their real name) were a shambles last year on and off the field. Im tipping them to struggle again this year. But they have what I personally think is the best stadium in Australia.

Anyone has any questions then just ask, will do my best to answer them.

Edited by melbourne lad

I wonder how many World Cup players will end up making the trip?

I imagine Pienaar will be staying at home since SA's the host and all.

Players going to SA with their National team(some potenially);

Tim Cahill

Tim Howard

Yakubu

Yobo

Johnny H

Anichebe

Jags

Baines

Saha

Did I miss anyone? Anyways, I guess the above players would only make the trip here if they got knocked out early.

I'm thinking that really, England and Holland would be the ones to last longest. Can't imagine the USA or Australia getting too far past the group stages unfortunately.

Got no idea what Nigeria are like to be honest!

Tim Cahill

Tim Howard

Yakubu

Yobo

Johnny H

Anichebe

Jags

Baines

Saha

Did I miss anyone? Anyways, I guess the above players would only make the trip here if they got knocked out early.

I'm thinking that really, England and Holland would be the ones to last longest. Can't imagine the USA or Australia getting too far past the group stages unfortunately.

The tour starts July 17th. The World Cup is from June 11th to July 11th.

But the players that go (to SA) will certainly get a bit of a break after they're eliminated, won't have to report back with the rest of the squad. Just a question of how far they go in the cup and then how long they're given after.

You'd like to think (am I naïve?) that the players would actually want to go on a trip like that given the choice...think I would.

Tim Cahill

Tim Howard

Yakubu

Yobo

Johnny H

Anichebe

Jags

Baines

Saha

mucha and..erm hibbert

At worst you'll have Turner, Hibbert, Distin, Coleman, Duffy, Bily, Arteta, Neville, Gosling, Osman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Vaughan and Baxter plus a fair few reserves.

Probably Jags, Saha & Anichebe as well I'd have thought.

Bound to be a few WC players will make it also.

Enough players there to put out a decent side whatever.

Correction...

Everton will face Brisbane Roar at the Suncorp Stadium on Saturday 10 July and then fly to The Etihad Stadium to take on Melbourne Heart five days later on Wednesday 14 July before ending the tour at the ANZ Stadium with a game against Sydney FC on Saturday 17 July.

Link

That appears to DURING the World Cup. ;)