IGNORED

Fergie Recommends Moyes For Man U

reading the BBC website this morning the story ive always been fearing came up.

Ferguson is recomending Moysie to take over at Man U after he retires. Ive always said Man U is the one job he'd leave us for and imo hes the best man for the job by far luckily upto now chairmen seem to go for 'big' forgeiner names like Solari, mancini and ancholotti.

take solice that the story originated from the 'scum' rather then a more truthul source.

fingers crossed when fergie does retire Jose will still be looking for a return to the PL.

im pretty sure Utd would go with the Special One, he has expressed his desire on many occasion and is a proven manager at the highest level. As much as i admire DM, he hasnt won anything though i think he will.... I just dont want to contemplate him leaving, its a scary prospect....

It really will require a very special person to take on the Man Utd job once Ferguson leaves.Who will be the person to try and maintain the Ferguson effect?.....3rd place and a smallish trophy would be a failure, where as 5th place would get you the sack.

Moyes still has a lot to prove at Everton, will that be enough to hold him?

PLUS, Moyes told me in the pub last night if he goes to Man Utd, he's taking Rodwell, Fellaini and Pienaar with him.....and Jagielka said he might well go as well! :) have a nice day!

I think it may be the inevitable. If it happens though, why not entice Jose to Goodison. Surely if a man is that good a manager and wants to show that to everyone, then what better than going to a 'lesser club' and guiding them through to the top echelons. Rather like a Brian Clough in his hey day, when he stuck with Forest, knowing he could have gone anywhere.

Moyes would have to prove himself in Europe first before Manure should even consider him, and up until now Moyes has shown how weak he is when faced with a side approaching decent in Europe.

Yeah, but to be fair to Moyes he has'nt had a squad anywhere near as good as Uniteds, who have failed themselves in Europe this season.

I think it may be the inevitable. If it happens though, why not entice Jose to Goodison. Surely if a man is that good a manager and wants to show that to everyone, then what better than going to a 'lesser club' and guiding them through to the top echelons. Rather like a Brian Clough in his hey day, when he stuck with Forest, knowing he could have gone anywhere.

To be fair Mourinho already did that when he won the CL with Porto. I don't think he's looking to prove anything that way anymore. He just wants a big budget in a top club and show that out of all the big club managers he's the top dog.

ManUre have always been a media driven club.

I remember when the Rs were the greatest team around way back in the 1970's and ManUre were in the second division. If one of ManUres players broke a boot lace it was headline news while Liverpool (spit spit) would win something and be relegated to the inside pages of a certain paper. Not got sympathy for the Rs but I do think that ManUre were and are treated as something special by the media.

So I think/hope that the story is just a case of lazy journalism and Davey is going nowhere fast.

Expect lots of these stories to appear in the next 12 months. The reality is though if the United job came up now I don't think Moyes would get it, mainly because he hasn't won a trophy and has struggled in Europe. He needs to address both of these before he considers moving on IMO.

"[Moyes] is at a club that really suits him and sometimes a [manager] has to decide what is best for him. Everton has been good for [David]. If anybody wanted to leave, they'd be poorer for it."

I somehow think Moyes would be singing a different tune if it was him that was offered more money, Champions League football, the chance of trophies elsewhere etc tbh.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright says reports linking Blues boss David Moyes with the Manchester United job are not true.

Moyes’ name has frequently been mentioned as a contender for the United post when Sir Alex Ferguson finally calls it a day at Old Trafford.

There were suggestions in recent weeks that the former Preston chief was being lined up to take over at the end of next season but Moyes himself dismissed the rumours as “nonsense”.

And now Everton supremo Kenwright has done the same, insisting the Blues value the Scot very highly while he also said suggestions they would let him leave for United at some point in the future are wide of the mark.

Kenwright said: “It’s absolute nonsense to infer that we would let David depart for Manchester United with our blessing.

“If a day like that ever did occur, Evertonians know that I would fight tooth and nail to keep our manager where he belongs.

“Everyone will have read both David Moyes and Alex Ferguson’s comments and what they both describe as typical summer speculation madness.”

Despite all this, however, it is well known Fergie rates Moyes very highly and will include his close friend on a list of candidates he recommends for the United job when he does quit as the Red Devils boss.

Premier League football blog

• 1 month later...