Sign in to follow this  
Adam

David Weir

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/s...-name_page.html

Says that Birmingham and West Brom have offered him deals and he is still thinking about if to stay at Everton or not.

Tell him to feck off. Bad enough that we offered him a new deal but for him not to snap our hands off and sign straight away and look at other choices we should look at taking back our offer and letting him work out what Alan Stubbs went though last season first hand.

Stubbs learnt his leason and signed new deal straight away

Apparently Leeds have also offered him a 2 year deal.

I think that would be the best move 'cos he's gona become a bit of a joke soon in the prem and its not rite he deserves to be rememberd as a solid defender and a good servant to Everton.

Apparently Leeds have also offered him a 2 year deal.

I think that would be the best move 'cos he's gona become a bit of a joke soon in the prem and its not rite he deserves to be rememberd as a solid defender and a good servant to Everton.

Yep agree with that. He should quit while (relativley) at the top of his game.Think he can still do a job in the Championship.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/s...-name_page.html

Says that Birmingham and West Brom have offered him deals and he is still thinking about if to stay at Everton or not.

Tell him to feck off. Bad enough that we offered him a new deal but for him not to snap our hands off and sign straight away and look at other choices we should look at taking back our offer and letting him work out what Alan Stubbs went though last season first hand.

Stubbs learnt his leason and signed new deal straight away

Apparentley he's not sorted anything out due to family worries so i think we can forgive him for sorting that out first!!

Boro's Southgate.....?? getting on a bit.

Wigans Arjen De Zauwe (spelling) ?? also getting on a bit, but for two centre halfs playing together, we must have the oldest pairing Stubbs & Weir.

Joleon Lescott is poised to join Everton from Wolves in a £5m deal. (The Sun)

Leeds United are interested in Everton's out-of-contract defender, David Weir.

both good for us?(Various)

Joleon Lescott is poised to join Everton from Wolves in a £5m deal. (The Sun)

Leeds United are interested in Everton's out-of-contract defender, David Weir.

both good for us?(Various)

Aslong as Everton are sure Lescott's knees wont fall off then its a good deal, and i think the majority of us would be glad to get rid of Weir. It still leaves us a bit short at centre back though doesnt it, unless Moyes is planning on bringing Mark Hughes through this season

Ola    0
Aslong as Everton are sure Lescott's knees wont fall off then its a good deal, and i think the majority of us would be glad to get rid of Weir. It still leaves us a bit short at centre back though doesnt it, unless Moyes is planning on bringing Mark Hughes through this season

:lol: lescott is the 6 mil dollar man :lol::lol:

Ian    3

I hope he goes, been a terrific servant to the club, one of my favourite players but I think its best him move on then him becoming a disliked figure at the club

Ola    0
I hope he goes, been a terrific servant to the club, one of my favourite players but I think its best him move on then him becoming a disliked figure at the club

;) true, sure he wont want that :(

:lol: GOOD TELL HIM TO GET LOST WE NEED NEW YOUNG PLAYERS :lol:

HE HAS BEEN GOOD FOR US BUT WE NEED TO START LOOKING INTO THE FUTURE AND BRING IN SOME PLAYERS

post-1791-1149980155_thumb.jpg

yeah, he wont be a first choice next season. time for him to go.

David Weir will this week make up his mind over whether to accept an offer to join West Brom or stay with Everton for another season.

Baggies boss Bryan Robson has offered the 36-year-old centre-back the chance of regular first-team football - albeit in the Championship.

He wants Weir to play alongside Curtis Davies at the heart of Albion's defence as they look to make an immediate to England's top tier.

Toffees chief David Moyes is also keen to retain his services, though, and has offered him a new one-year contract at Goodison Park.

The Scot is likely to get more time on the pitch with the Baggies, and also has the lure of former team-mates Steve Watson and Kevin Campbell being on the books at The Hawthorns.

Just seen this on kipper, dont know where he got his source

"Initial indications were that Weir would reject Everton's offer of a one-year deal but the Toffees have since improved their terms, prompting him to reconsider his options."

EDIT - just found this

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/146701065?-11192

:o:o:o

Are we f###ing mad!!!!!!

Ian    3

oh dear :(:(

like ive said i would rather have fond memmories of him....

we gave him away out with dignity.....well west brom did but now we've just gone and done this

not pleased about this one <_<

Just read that its in the IC Birmingham mail thing.

Offered him a deal was bad enough but to go back and offer a new deal is just plain abismal. Is it more money or even worse a 2 year deal.

Just get rid. Let him learn like Stubbs did that is not always greener on the other side.

Theres still no news on Weir so if its taking him this long to make up his mind we should withdraw the offer and tell him to piss off and drop a league

30333[/snapback]

agree

Weir's been one of our club best players in recent times and definately Walter Smith's best transfer at 250k or so. But the time is right for him to move on. He'll only be filling in for injuries and his pace was severely lacking last year never mind this one coming.

Echo saying he is staying.

Club are way of the mark in this one and I said before that if Weir signs I don't think that Yobo with.

Bet that Weir and Stubbs start first game

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0400eve...-name_page.html

32658[/snapback]

:(

This is poo, i want him to go, hes had his day in the Premiership he should go while hes still relatively good instead of making a fool out of himself next season by getting ripped to bits

He was to slow last year never mind this year. He's gonna imbarass himself & the club. He should have left when he had the chance. He looked slow compared to stubbs ffs, hes gonna look comical next to lescott.

Still no final word yet on Evertons website about if he is signing a new deal or not. And also nothing on Yobo and McFadden

i dont think they will put anything on the site. but he wasnt on the players page on the official site, but hes been back on it since the echo said he signed. get used to it fella, Weir is staying.

hopefully we'll hear from yobo an mcfadden when they get back from pre-season

Ola    0
i would have preferd to bring in someone young and let davie move on as i dont belive he is well past it but thats no diss-respect as he gave us great service for the money we payed to bring him in

33798[/snapback]

:unsure: lets hope davey moyes only uses wier as a stop gap 4 suspensions and injurys to are other cental defenders, this could work ;)

Ola    0
I think most of us would take that tbh, because we all acknowledge we have a small squad with a serious need of numbers

33950[/snapback]

:D exactly ;)

Ola    0
totally agree, i wanna see yobo/lesscott

34436[/snapback]

:D weir will make a good stop gap and the younger lads will benifit from this but lets hope thats all it is B)

David Weir...

"Ever since the day I arrived at the club I've loved every minute of it," he told the club's official website.

"Most players who have left Everton have regretted it and although I had other options, this club was always going to be the winner.

''The players are a great bunch of lads and the staff are great as well and that makes a big difference.

"There was nothing sorted out at the end of last season so during the summer I've been trying to get things organised.''