• Victor Anichebe
    • Leon Osman
    • Louis Saha
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Tim Cahill
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Heitinga 201

Pienaar 196

Cahill 174

Arteta 160

Osman 141

Saha 111

Baines 105

Rodwell 101

Howard 91

Bilyaletdinov 91

Hibbert 82

Distin 72

Donovan 71

Coleman 70

Yakubu 53

Anichebe 31

Jagielka 25

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neville 15

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Senderos 4

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Fulham (H) Victor Anichebe

Blackburn (A) Mikel Arteta

Aston Villa (A) Tim Cahill

West Ham (H) Johnny Heitinga

Wolves (A) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (A) Tim Cahill

Bolton (H) Mikel Arteta

Birmingham (A) Mikel Arteta

Hull City (H) Mikel Arteta

Tottenham (A) Ayegbeni Yakubu

Sporting Lisbon (A) Tim Howard

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Cheebs! - Apart from Jags' goal, I think he was the only one who even had a shot, never mind a shot on target. Arteta was poor today, as was Saha, and Jags is no right back.

To be honest, I think the whole team had already given up on the (very remote) possibility of qualifying for Europe even before kick off today. It would have been nice to have seen a little more fight and passion - but as we've seen a few too many times this season - we haven't been able to break teams down and haven't shown up for the full 90 minutes.

Don't get me wrong, Stoke are hard to beat at home, and I was fully expecting a draw, I'm just annoyed with what, again, is a disappointing performance from the lads.

Edited by wallwriter

For me there were only two reasonable votes. I gave it to Vic, but could have just as well gone with Distin, hemade some impressive tackles early on and provided great cover for the several mistakes Baines made defensively today. Vic however, was the only player on the pitch who looked like he knew where (or what) the goal was! He hustled, made runs, looked to get inside his defender and SHOT. Fuckin' hell I've never seen a team more afraid to shoot (except maybe Arsenal last week!)

Howard 6. Nervous all the time, uncomfortable with anything that resembles a cross. Horrid distribution, not a single one of his hoofs went to a Blue shirt today.

Baines 5 poor, except for the shot that hit Vic.

Distin 8 great tackles and cover throughout, also made a good effort to play to our midfielders feet.

Yobo 6.5 Did fine, made some poor mistakes but always managed to get himself back in the way.

Jags 6 Obviously out of position, can't understand why Hibbert or Neville weren't played there instead, esp with Rodders back.

Neville 6 Not one for my starting XI at all. He's just not that good.

Osman 6 Ran around a lot, but couldn't keep possession worth shit. Made a lot of mistakes.

Arteta 7 picked up after Rodwell and Yak came on, but it was obvious how much better he plays with Pienaar on the pitch.

Anichebe 8.5 Had our only real shots, made runs and generally looked like he could be arsed to put in a shift even with Europe out of sight. Good game, I say play7 him on the right or up front.

Cahill 5.5 Worst game in some time. Can't even see EvertonToffees giving him MOTM on this occasion.

Saha 4 Absolutely embarrassing. Didn't see him try once today, maybe touched the ball 2x.

Yak (for Saha) 7 Did more than Saha in the first minute on the pitch. Looked like he wanted to make something happen.

Rodwell (for Osman) 6.5 Did fine for the 20 mins he was on. Definitely better than Ossie.

Bily (for Vic) 6 No time to make any impact, either positive or negative. Foolish time to use a sub, esp for the only person on the pitch who wanted to score.

Anichebe always had potential, now he's starting to show it.

He could well be a big plus for next season, opponents won't like playing against him.

I can still see the day when Anichebe and Vaughan rip deffences apart.

Edited by Blue 250

I've always championed Anichebe, he has the potential to be one of the top strikers in the country imo. He has decent control, he is usually direct and looks to go towards goal, not bad pace, unbelievable strength, is good in the air and has a decent shot, plus his link up play isn't bad either. I think Vaughan looks too panicky and his touch isn't good enough, I think his chance has probably gone, but I definitely think Anichebe, if he can stay fit, could be an absolute powerhouse in the next couple of years. Saha should never play ahead of him or Yakubu.

I don't know what game you were all watching but I was there yesterday and apart from that decent shot which was brilliant, Vic did nothing. Hes useless, lazy and WILL NOT JUMP!

I voted the Yak, he looked lively when he came on. Woeful game, none of the lads looked up for it! And when your playing against 13 men its not the easiest of games, Howard Webb may have worn a Stoke shirt yesterday and the Stoke fans were superb.

21 votes so far for Vic. Really?????????

A very poor game all round, lack of desire when we had something to play for. Defensively we where solid enough, hence my man of the match for Distin. I can't really se why the 'goal' was disallowed. Allegedly for offside but how many times do you see shots go in when players are in an obvious offside position but it is allowed to stand. It could only happen to us and Howard Webb is another referee who things he has some kind of reputation to uphold, sorry mate but you don't you are just there to referee and recenlty you have not been doing your job.

For me there were only two reasonable votes. I gave it to Vic, but could have just as well gone with Distin, hemade some impressive tackles early on and provided great cover for the several mistakes Baines made defensively today. Vic however, was the only player on the pitch who looked like he knew where (or what) the goal was! He hustled, made runs, looked to get inside his defender and SHOT. Fuckin' hell I've never seen a team more afraid to shoot (except maybe Arsenal last week!)

Howard 6. Nervous all the time, uncomfortable with anything that resembles a cross. Horrid distribution, not a single one of his hoofs went to a Blue shirt today.

Baines 5 poor, except for the shot that hit Vic.

Distin 8 great tackles and cover throughout, also made a good effort to play to our midfielders feet.

Yobo 6.5 Did fine, made some poor mistakes but always managed to get himself back in the way.

Jags 6 Obviously out of position, can't understand why Hibbert or Neville weren't played there instead, esp with Rodders back.

Neville 6 Not one for my starting XI at all. He's just not that good.

Osman 6 Ran around a lot, but couldn't keep possession worth shit. Made a lot of mistakes.

Arteta 7 picked up after Rodwell and Yak came on, but it was obvious how much better he plays with Pienaar on the pitch.

Anichebe 8.5 Had our only real shots, made runs and generally looked like he could be arsed to put in a shift even with Europe out of sight. Good game, I say play7 him on the right or up front.

Cahill 5.5 Worst game in some time. Can't even see EvertonToffees giving him MOTM on this occasion.

Saha 4 Absolutely embarrassing. Didn't see him try once today, maybe touched the ball 2x.

Yak (for Saha) 7 Did more than Saha in the first minute on the pitch. Looked like he wanted to make something happen.

Rodwell (for Osman) 6.5 Did fine for the 20 mins he was on. Definitely better than Ossie.

Bily (for Vic) 6 No time to make any impact, either positive or negative. Foolish time to use a sub, esp for the only person on the pitch who wanted to score.

I didnt see it but if he was as bad as you say, was even a 6 worthy?

Same for Saha and Cahill... 2's or 3's at best lol

I know we all slate Hibbert but playing him at right back and Jags in the middle would have been a far better option than Jags on the right and bloody Yobo.

i can only presume Hibbo wasnt 100% but even then we should have played Neville at RB and Rodwell as the DM

Oh and I was at the game aswell and Im with the majority I thought Anichebe was easily our best player