IGNORED

Yobo, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Jagielka.. Out!

Anybody else think we should get rid of our entire back four except bainse?

If eveton are ever going to play the type of football we all want to see, and the only type of fooball that might actually win something, surely we need rid of the players incapable of playin that way. We have seen this year that we are capable of beating anyone, but only when we tried to play football the right way. We have also seen what happens when we dont try and play,see our latest early exit from europe and our early season form, when admittedly ravished by injuries made no attempt to play fooball and got exactly what they deserved, nothing.

Nobody wins anything playing percentage football and giving the ball away the way we have done this year and what makes it even more frustrating is we have tne players that can play fooball and win games but our defence lets us down badly by giving the ball away constantly.

Neville: Finished, never really started in my opinion

Hibbert: Championship player at best

Yobo: Brainless kicker

Distin: Similar player to yobo (see above)

Jagielka: Onlyone with a case to stay but purely on derby form last year, not the sae player imo, and a consistent hoofer

We could probably fetch around 20 mil for all these players and i'm sure moyes could find a quality footballing center half and a right back for that. posibly even a right winger too, he just needs to decide what type of football we are gonna play next year. its no good having a midfield and strikers who can play if our defence aRe constantly lumping balls into the crowd.

NSNO

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great one word responses there, from people who are obviously happy with with neville, hibbert, yobo and co. in the same team and whose expectations are so low they will never be dissappointed.

And yes I would rather have three quality players than 5 average ones any day of the week, and use some of the good young players we are developing as backup. Jags is the only one that would comand a decent fee and in my opinion could be replaced.

We're not gonna have the money to improve the squad without selling but obviously some of you would rather just hang on to players for the sake of having numbers.

Edited by kennyw10

Some great one word responses there, from people who are obviously happy with with neville, hibbert, yobo and co. in the same team and whose expectations are so low they will never be dissappointed.

And yes I would rather have three quality players than 5 average ones any day of the week, and use some of the good young players we are developing as backup. Jags is the only one that would comand a decent fee and in my opinion could be replaced.

:lol::lol:

Replace Jagielka :lol:

Oh my my.

Getting better thats about 3 words

Actually it's 5, but don't worry, you're not alone. Over 7 million adults in the United Kingdom can't count

Have you heard of the Government's 'Train To Gain' initiative? That might help you make the step-up that you need.

Don't worry, we'll be waiting here for you. I know that it's tough, but that first step is often the hardest.

Look mate, Jags is cleary a top player...he's an international for pete's sake.

In terms of his current form; he's just recovered from an injury that's had him out for a good part the past year. Not everyone can come back from an injury like that and starting playing like they were pre-injury.

I suspect if Arteta wasn't playing as good as he is now that you'd be saying we should drop him as well?

You're taking the piss mate.

And yes I would rather have three quality players than 5 average ones any day of the week, and use some of the good young players we are developing as backup. Jags is the only one that would comand a decent fee and in my opinion could be replaced.We're not gonna have the money to improve the squad without selling but obviously some of you would rather just hang on to players for the sake of having numbers.

You just contradicted yourself right there. First you're sying Jags is the only one who will command a decent fee right? Then you're saying we have to sell before we buy, ok i get that.

But that means your saying that Distin, Neville, Hibbert, Yobo aren't going to command a good fee, am i right so far??

So how in god's name are you going to bring in 3 top quality defenders based on those 4 sales???

Lets say Hibbert would go for £2m aswell as Neville. Yobo could go for anything between £6m-£8m and Distin around £4m.

£2m + £2m + £6m + £4m = £14m total.

You will have to spend that on ONE top drawer defender (That you think we need) now a days, someone who would be better than say the quality that Jags already has.

Lets call it £10m-12m for each quality player, you want to construct a backline that would cost at least £30m to build. Thats a spend of £16m and we're losing 2 squad players.

Thats mental, not smart. Not realistic. We (Everton) have to work with a tight budget, so that as an option is absolutely rediculous!

about?

A word is a single unit of language that can be represented in writing or speech. In English, a word has a space on either side of it when it is written.

there were 2 posts in this thread with one word 'embarassing' and 'idiot'. this one here is 5 words 'replace' 'jagielka' 'oh' and 'my' x2. with a couple of sexy emoticons.

either way 5 > 3. this is because simple numeracy dictates that when counting, upwards, 4 follows and is greater than 3 and 5 is greater than 4 and so on.

so basically, you know little about football (you want to sell jags?) and you know little about numbers...my conclusion, you're 3 years old and should probably ask next time you want to use the internet

damn the irish guy beat me to it...and provided a link, i bow to the superior owning, although i did add a definition in there.

Edited by CraccerC

I would definately risk losing 2 squad players if it meant our starting back four was improved.

Wehave duffy, rodwell, heitinga, coleman, who could fill in if it were needed we dont neeed that many options in defence as if people stayed fit it wouldn't change all season

I would definately risk losing 2 squad players if it meant our starting back four was improved.

Wehave duffy, rodwell, heitinga, coleman, who could fill in if it were needed we dont neeed that many options in defence as if people stayed fit it wouldn't change all season

You say it like they got injured on purpose. There are no guarantees with injuries, we have to have cover.

about?

A word is a single unit of language that can be represented in writing or speech. In English, a word has a space on either side of it when it is written.

there were 2 posts in this thread with one word 'embarassing' and 'idiot'. this one here is 5 words 'replace' 'jagielka' 'oh' and 'my' x2. with a couple of sexy emoticons.

either way 5 > 3. this is because simple numeracy dictates that when counting, upwards, 4 follows and is greater than 3 and 5 is greater than 4 and so on.

so basically, you know little about football (you want to sell jags?) and you know little about numbers...my conclusion, you're 3 years old and should probably ask next time you want to use the internet

damn the irish guy beat me to it...and provided a link, i bow to the superior owning, although i did add a definition in there.

Your obviously quite the funny man.