IGNORED

Official Awards Night

Everton End of Season Awards.

I know they're not as prestigious as the TT version, but the main ones...

Everton Giant...Trevor Steven

Shareholders Young Player...Jack Rodwell

Academy Player...Adam Davies

Reserve Player...Shane Duffy (but we knew that already)

Player's Player...Leighton Baines

Young Player...Jack Rodwell

Goal of the Season...Bily v ManU

Chairman's Blueblood award...Howard & Cahill (shared)*

Player of the Season...Steven Pienaar

*"The accolade is to be presented by Bill Kenwright himself and as he has just explained it will go each season to the person he feels has best embodied the spirit of what it is to be an Everton player."

I'm a Kenwright fan but I'm thinking that's not a great idea.

Do you think giving the award to Pienaar is a way of convincing him to resign much like the player of the month january award was given to Donovan?

I think you mean re-sign holy....the hyphen is all important :unsure: .

Surprised Felli didn't get one of the young player awards.

Everton End of Season Awards.

I know they're not as prestigious as the TT version, but the main ones...

Everton Giant...Trevor Steven

Shareholders Young Player...Jack Rodwell

Academy Player...Adam Davies

Reserve Player...Shane Duffy (but we knew that already)

Player's Player...Leighton Baines

Young Player...Jack Rodwell

Goal of the Season...Bily v ManU

Player of the Season...Steven Pienaar

*"The accolade is to be presented by Bill Kenwright himself and as he has just explained it will go each season to the person he feels has best embodied the spirit of what it is to be an Everton player."

Agree with you on this Mike. That award shouldn't exist on the basis that as fans of the club you'd hope every player has this type of spirit whenever they play for the club. Obviously that won't always happen but there shouldn't be an award targeted to one or two players out of a whole squad based on the most spirit.

EDIT: Removing bold from remainder of original quote.

Edited by TC.

Im just being a little conspiracist here...but have you noticed that the winners, are players who needed either new contracts or had people sniffing around them?

Take Piennar, the obvious one, i voted him as our second best player of the season and overall probably deserved it but just to show how much he's appreciated, he got the award? :rolleyes:

Jack, hasnt had the best season for this year but has probably done enough over the whole season to warrent it, but in reality Fellaini should have walked away with it. I dont know anyone else who voted for Jack (That isn't a dig, i love him) but Fellaini pre-injury was amazing and controlled the games. I voted felli and so do most of you im guessing? Does it seem funny that at a time some 'Big boys' might be coming in for him in the summer, he gets the award in front of the obvious (imo) winner?

Thats me being me i suppose but thought i'd throw that into the mix, let people ravage and chew on the juicy possibilities that the awards WERE FIXED haha. Thats not a statement i'd usualy come out with but Mr 'I want the whole team sold with just the one top bollox to come in and do a shift for the remaining 10' might?

Thoughts?

Edited by tenaciousj

They could do what the Major League Soccer do and present a Humanitarian of the year award... incidentally Howard won this when he was at New York.

not sure about that ten i mean pienaar was level for baines with me i had a hard time choosing myself so he had every right to win it regardless of the contract situation...as for the young one i think people are just excited cos he is english i guess and the fact that fellaini only really controlled less than half the games he played if that pre-injury..

not sure about that ten i mean pienaar was level for baines with me i had a hard time choosing myself so he had every right to win it regardless of the contract situation...as for the young one i think people are just excited cos he is english i guess and the fact that fellaini only really controlled less than half the games he played if that pre-injury..

i know dude, im just throwing it out there :) Its a thought though right??

and Trevor Steven shouldn't have won because he didn't reply to my email! :lol:

Thats rude, especially if it was naughty snaps ;)

yeah course it is a thought but i can't imagine they would fix awards to keep a player..either way i'm not all that sure it would make a massive difference to him staying or not staying

It wouldn't but it'd turn fans against them a lot easier if player does leave.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/05/08/royal-blue-everton-fc-end-of-season-awards-were-a-real-talking-point-100252-26400668/

The intrigue was largely thanks to Bill Kenwright’s speech. The chairman opened by admitting he had been busy negotiating for a player but didn’t elaborate.

Another "watch this space"?

But as the serious gongs have all been handed out, here’s an alternative list of a few more categories the Blues didn’t have room for..

Save of the season: Tim Howard’s last-gasp penalty save from Jermain Defoe to kick-start the Blues’ revival by securing a point against Spurs at Goodison in December.

Celebration of the season: Cahill’s corner flag boxing still gets the Blue blood pumping, and the Yak’s first Super Eagles flutter after returning from his 12 months out was nice to see.

But Steven Pienaar wins for the, ahem, ‘Drunken Staggering Man’ effort after his stonker in the snow of the Emirates (since the subject of a few good-natured skits at Finch Farm).

Next season’s early favourite is what John Heitinga will do when he finally scores – inevitably from a net-buster. I’m going for some Big Duncan-style madness.

Tackle of the season: Manchester United at Goodison. The Red Devils take the lead. So far so familiar...will the Blues slump to their customary defeat? Not if the super-charged Leon Osman had anything to do with it. Ossie took the game by the scruff of the neck, launching into tackles, including one to win possession by the Park End on Darren Fletcher which hinted at a big afternoon in store.

Cameo of the season: The three-month presence of the man Kenwright calls the Yank, Landon Donovan. Even David Moyes could not have predicted the immediate and positive influence the USA international would have. His directness, pace, and willingness to get forward have been missed since he returned to California.

Miss of the season: For everything Donovan did so well, his staggering miss against Spurs at White Hart Lane still defies logic. Score and the Blues would have had a point which may have proved important.

Brave but misguided soul of the season: The national hack who asked David Moyes if he feared for his job after the 3-2 away defeat in Hull. He has never been seen again.

Wish You Were Still Here: Donovan (see above) has been missed, but Seamus Coleman has proved why he has such a bright future in royal blue during his scintillating loan spell at the sea side. His return is much anticipated.

Showboat of the season: What else? Marouane Fellaini’s imperious moment of magic which left Craig Bellamy swiping at thin air goes down in Goodison folklore.

Sartorial put-down of the season: David Moyes was left distinctly unimpressed by a certain journalist’s boarding school-style stripy scarf on New Year’s Day at Finch Farm, and told him so. Fancy picking on a fellow ginger too!

Horrendous Karaoke moment of the season: To those unlucky souls who had their ears mangled by my debut in Athens, I sincerely apologise. Blame Mark Rowan.

i'm legging it around my street topless when that happens :lol::lol: