IGNORED

Tim Cahill

He may not be the player he once was (IMO) but I do love the way he talks about the club.

"I love this Club. I have been here for six years and I have grown fonder every year. It is a dream come true and still to this day I enjoy going to training and I enjoy playing with these guys.

"The chairman knows my thoughts, I will sign here for life. He knows my thoughts on what I love about this Club. I respect everyone so much and hopefully I am here for a long time."

He's changed his tune. He said he'd like to retire in the A-league not long ago.

If he's just talking about his playing "life" then I'd have thought he'd be able to play in the A-league for a year or two after his effective time in the Premier League is over.

Any Aussie based fans got any pics of the shopping mall/ office block with a pic of Cahill down the side. I believe it looks awesome.

I think it is fair to say that Cahill has been a superlative buy for Everton. He may not be blessed with the greatest skill but he does possess a few that other players and supporters envy. That is his commitment to the cause, his love for what he is doing and doing it for and that happy knack of being in the right place at the right time. :D

Tim Cahill, an Everton legend in his own inimitable way. :D

Any Aussie based fans got any pics of the shopping mall/ office block with a pic of Cahill down the side. I believe it looks awesome.

Where is this block that you speak of!? I'll have to swing by and check it out

am i only the only one whos thinking 'what the fuck' regarding this? 4 years for a player over 30 who's already lost it and wouldn't even be week-in wee-out for me next season. can't see the sense in this, it's like like he's set the prem alight this season and earned it

personally think he has had a good season myself..scored enough goals and his game doesn't rely on pace at all..he hasn't lost it for me he just hasn't played his position as much as he would've liked! i think he can go on til he is 35 and i'm delighted to see him get a new contract til then..and to be honest i think he may get phased out over the next couple of seasons and be more bit part as time goes on which is right but he is a handy guy to have around if you ask me

am i only the only one whos thinking 'what the fuck' regarding this? 4 years for a player over 30 who's already lost it and wouldn't even be week-in wee-out for me next season. can't see the sense in this, it's like like he's set the prem alight this season and earned it

with you on this, 4 years is too long, 3 would still be pushing it. He hasnt had the greatest of seasons considering what he has accomplished in the past but still made a valuable contribution. Hes still got 2 years on his existing contract, why not sort it out at the end of that, not like he would leave. Money would be better spent on a certain South African we could very easily lose....

personally think he has had a good season myself..scored enough goals and his game doesn't rely on pace at all..he hasn't lost it for me he just hasn't played his position as much as he would've liked! i think he can go on til he is 35 and i'm delighted to see him get a new contract til then..and to be honest i think he may get phased out over the next couple of seasons and be more bit part as time goes on which is right but he is a handy guy to have around if you ask me

Took the words right out of my mouth!

with you on this, 4 years is too long, 3 would still be pushing it. He hasnt had the greatest of seasons considering what he has accomplished in the past but still made a valuable contribution. Hes still got 2 years on his existing contract, why not sort it out at the end of that, not like he would leave. Money would be better spent on a certain South African we could very easily lose....

I remember hearing a while back that Timmy was on a modest wage for an EPL player? I know he certainly would be getting endorsement moneys for his Adidas/Weetbix/Qantas deals...not to mention his Socceroos wages.

Perhaps Peanut is a bit more greedy?

Games Goals

09-10 31 8

08-09 32 8

07-08 18 7

06-07 18 5

05-06 32 6

04-05 33 11

i don't see how he has had that bad of a season as i have read a lot of people say..? scored as many as he did last year plus he hasn't been fully fit for a fair few of those games and has had to play a carsley type role as said above

His performances haven't been up to scratch though, you'd have to be a fool to argue otherwise. I love Cahill, always have, but he's not as effective as he once was. And like has been said, it's not like he needed a new contract is it? We have someone who has a lot less time on their contract and we waited til he didn't have all that much left just to start negotiating with him (Pienaar).

I was hoping Cahill would start to be more of a bench player from next season but that looks highly unlikely now.

he's still scoring the goals though...he's just useless out of position just like osman is..i think people are being harsh on him this year he has had to play unfit cos of injuries and so deep that he is virtually ineffective..he hasn't ever been a gifted footballer everyone knows that he just scores the goals and hustles people and that is what he has done this year..seems no different to any other season to me

His performances haven't been up to scratch though, you'd have to be a fool to argue otherwise. I love Cahill, always have, but he's not as effective as he once was. And like has been said, it's not like he needed a new contract is it? We have someone who has a lot less time on their contract and we waited til he didn't have all that much left just to start negotiating with him (Pienaar).

I was hoping Cahill would start to be more of a bench player from next season but that looks highly unlikely now.

Must admitt, agree most with you Mark. I love Cahill but is he granted a first team spot(Dependent on summer activity)? I don't think so.

He's an awesome impact player and would operate more effectively coming on in the last 10 minutes of a game and being thrown as far up the pitch as possible so he can get on the end of the late bonbardment of hoofball we like to put into the 6yard area. IMO thats his most effective role in our team!

Must admitt, agree most with you Mark. I love Cahill but is he granted a first team spot(Dependent on summer activity)? I don't think so.

He's an awesome impact player and would operate more effectively coming on in the last 10 minutes of a game and being thrown as far up the pitch as possible so he can get on the end of the late bonbardment of hoofball we like to put into the 6yard area. IMO thats his most effective role in our team!

get a room :P:lol:

Big romours with Arsenal.

there's no way in a million years tim cahill is good enough to play for arsenal, especially not at this point in his career...also arsenal wouldn't be daft enough to offer him a 4 year deal, he'd only get the usual arsenal 1 year offer because hes over 30

To be fair Everton started negotiations with Piennar last summer but he turned us down

The only reason this is in the news, is because it sounds like Cahill has agreed to it.

I'm sure that if Pienaar had agreed to his offer, then we'd be hearing about it asap.

To imply that the club is only concentrating on Cahill when Pienaar and Rodders need to be signed up is a bit daft...you can't seriously believe that the club aren't in talks? Give them more credit than that! It's not like they can't multi-task! :P