IGNORED

Carragher

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/08/jamie-carragher-england-world-cup-squad

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but would you?

Personally I think hes had his day. He retired (and rightly so I believe at the time - hes was the best English CB in my opinion at the time and wasnt given a sniff) at his peak and hes definatly past that now.

Without bias, Jags should be there before him, as should Dawson, I think its clutching at straw meself.

Always has been an overated player, gives 110% and wears heart on sleeve, usually has decent players around him and one of the prems best goalkeepers, so maybe looks better than he is.

Maybe, just maybe in a world cup final he could give 120% and inspire those around him.

Always likely to make a rash challange though, so I'd say only if we really have to.

definately past his best now, keeping his place in our defence at the moment simply on skyrtl's lack of form.

having watched him in action week after week with my own eyes I can confidently say that at his peak between 04 and 08 he was nowhere near overrated, him and Hyypia were phenominal.

Whether its body or mind thats slipping now, or both, the interceptions aren't sticking, the crosses are getting past, and he's increasingly being caught out. Still gives his all and still has the ability to put in the massive perfomances but they are increasingly rare these days.

Not sure exactly why Capello wants him, probably for his big game experience, but I know he spent a lot of time trying to talk him out of retirement when he 1st became manager so he obviously rates him.

I've got absolutely no respect for Capello now because of this. I could completely understand it if he'd been in amazing form this season, but he's been wank, absolute fucking wank.

Agreed.

You can also bet your house that because he has talked him out of retirement that he will be making the final squad.

Plus I also see he wanted to bring Scholes out of retirement too. Now I think Scholes is class but he is now too old to be trying to bring him back. Let the young players have a crack and stop trying to bring back the old boys. Its not as if they did us that much good in the first place!

Always has been an overated player, gives 110% and wears heart on sleeve, usually has decent players around him and one of the prems best goalkeepers, so maybe looks better than he is.

Maybe, just maybe in a world cup final he could give 120% and inspire those around him.

Always likely to make a rash challange though, so I'd say only if we really have to.

got to disagree there, was massively underrated for a long time. it wasn't stevie that won them the chmpions league, if it wasn't for carra it would have been over long before...great defender.

however, he's past it and he's a cunt...so no

and to mark: i think it's the right decision. young's been poor this season, i'd have taken him for the left if he'd had a decent season. granted walcott hasn't had the best either and has been injured a lot but he's played well for us in games like croatia and he offers something a bit different and capello knows what to expect. can also cover up top if need be...i think walcott will be a fixture for england for years to come, so why not keep him in and around the team?

Edited by CraccerC