IGNORED

Robert Elstone Interview

• 3 years later...

"Most managerial changes happen when you don't want them to - with failure. Of course, ours was anything but, and I'm sure Roberto would be the first to agree he inherited a great squad, a productive youth system, skilled support staff, processes that worked and fantastic facilities."

Not sure that will sit too well with the haters, still what do the players and staff know

"Most managerial changes happen when you don't want them to - with failure. Of course, ours was anything but, and I'm sure Roberto would be the first to agree he inherited a great squad, a productive youth system, skilled support staff, processes that worked and fantastic facilities."

Not sure that will sit too well with the haters, still what do the players and staff know

"We'd all readily agree in return that he and his team have moved things on, making us even more competitive, removing any fear and above all else, making us believe. Let me tell you that special feeling - belief - is shared in the offices as well as on the terraces."

So by inference he's saying that under Moyes we played with fear and didn't believe in ourselves.....not sure how that will sit with the lovers.

Yeah because if you blindly followed everything that came out of the club we would be playing in a flat pack stadium in Kirby, goodison will have failed it's safety certificate years ago, Ross Barkley would still not be ready,

Dunc, I accept you bought fully into the Moyes regime and to now say "Blimey Martinez is making Moyes look like a tactical dinosaur" would be some form of defeat to your loyalty. Fact is a fair few of us had him sussed a long time ago.

The reality is this... Forget what Moyes did do for us, he nullified it's relevance in his disgraceful behaviour in the summer. Fans went mad at Rooney? What Moyes did was far worse. He was old enough to know better and had questioned players loyalties before doing what he did. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

He's a self serving prick who not only engineered a move without the club having any knowledge of it, used his position to take two of our players on the cheap and take the Piss out of the club in the press into the bsrgain.

Defend him all you want, dont expect your point scoring "look another really credible person has given Moyes credit" go without response.

"We'd all readily agree in return that he and his team have moved things on, making us even more competitive, removing any fear and above all else, making us believe. Let me tell you that special feeling - belief - is shared in the offices as well as on the terraces."

So by inference he's saying that under Moyes we played with fear and didn't believe in ourselves.....not sure how that will sit with the lovers.

Yeah that stuck out like a bull dogs bollocks to me too. Funny Dunc missed that.

Yeah that stuck out like a bull dogs bollocks to me too. Funny Dunc missed that.

I have never once said that Martinez hasnt improved things so I fail to see the relevence of it.. In fact it goes along with exactly what I have been saying

I agreed with a point a journalist made that we are seeing the best of both worlds ie Moyes defensive stability and organisation and Robertos flair and playing without fear so this only goes to further back up my point.

All the Moyes bashers refuse to beleive that Moyes built the foundations of this side even though the players , the staff and even Roberto himself have come out in public and said just that. Its blatantly obvious that Roberto has them playing without fear, and Im loving any minute of it , but that has never been in question .

I agreed with a point a journalist made that we are seeing the best of both worlds ie Moyes defensive stability and organisation and Robertos flair and playing without fear

I'm with you on this. The difference between Martinez at Wigan and Martinez at Everton is the league's most solid defence: fewest goals against and most clean sheets. That doesn't just appear overnight.