IGNORED

Jagielka

yobo is defo the fastest cb we have..possibly the fastest player at the club..jags isn't slow and but i don't think he is as fast as distin..less prone to a mistake though if you ask me

Jags makes more mistakes than any of our other cb's imo. Jus the others are better at covering his mistakes than he is at returning the favour.

You think Jagielka has got more pace than Distin?

Its close but I dont think there would be much in it. In a match situation, I think Jags would read it quicker and thus get there quicker which is what really matters. But as someone else mentioned Yobo would win the sprint race hands down!

Very poor performance from him tonight though, but Distin wasnt much better.

Jags makes more mistakes than any of our other cb's imo. Jus the others are better at covering his mistakes than he is at returning the favour.

i can't think of many mistakes beyond the ashley young one..distin has a 50p head(to quote romey) and the ball can go anywhere half the time..not as strong in the air as he should be and his mistakes come from that

£20m is right and fair. Is he replaceable? Not really, there ain't many of his kind knocking around. Mistakes? As far as centre halves go who doesn't make them? Terry, carragher, rio, they all make them.

For me he is a tremendous organiser at the back, hasn't got the technical ability of heitinga, but otherwise solid as a rock. Barring kroldrup, moyes record at signing defensive players is top notch.

Honestly I can't see how we could refuse an offer of about £17 million. We clearly are in need of money. If we can get that much we could use 10 mil to get N'Zogbia in and the rest to pay off debt. So we'd strengthen a position where we really need reinforcements. And to be honest I don't think we'd really lose quality in central defense. To be even more honest I'd think we might even improve with a Distin-Heitinga partnership. We'd still have Yobo, Duffy and Mustafi as back up. And Rodwell could play there as well if needed. Of course, we could hold out for even more money, but I don't think we'll get much more and they could just turn to Gary Cahill.

Edited by Steve_E

Honestly I can't see how we could refuse an offer of about £17 million. We clearly are in need of money. If we can get that much we could use 10 mil to get N'Zogbia in and the rest to pay off debt. So we'd strengthen a position where we really need reinforcements. And to be honest I don't think we'd really lose quality in central defense. To be even more honest I'd think we might even improve with a Distin-Heitinga partnership. We'd still have Yobo, Duffy and Mustafi as back up. And Rodwell could play there as well if needed. Of course, we could hold out for even more money, but I don't think we'll get much more and they could just turn to Gary Cahill.

I'd hate to see Jags leave--however, maybe a deal with Wigan for N'Zogbia would work out somehow. We have some depth at CB, but we have NO ONE on the left. We can't rely on the potential of Gueye alone. I think he'll be a great player, but he's still far from ready to start every game--then again, IDK, maybe he can prove me wrong.

i can't think of many mistakes beyond the ashley young one..distin has a 50p head(to quote romey) and the ball can go anywhere half the time..not as strong in the air as he should be and his mistakes come from that

He was at fault for the goal las night and he left it to Distin to huff and puff, not that he'd do the same. Reminds me of John Terry and Carvalho, everyone raved about JT when he was getting carried by Carvalho, and slated Carvalho for his mistakes/bookings covering JT.

He was at fault for the goal las night and he left it to Distin to huff and puff, not that he'd do the same. Reminds me of John Terry and Carvalho, everyone raved about JT when he was getting carried by Carvalho, and slated Carvalho for his mistakes/bookings covering JT.

Not so sure about that tbh... Jags followed the striker deep (which he will have been instructed to do tactically) and the DC guy made a decent run which Distin didnt cover. If we had a full on DM then Jags could have passed the DC player on to him and kept a solid back line (which is why I think we should play Felli there). Otherwise Distin has to cover, or likewise if Distin follows him in then Jags has to cover.

PS Carvalho was an absolute class player, but he hasnt looked the same and been as consistent since he left Chelsea. They were a great partnership covering each other (especially with Makelele in front) and Jags & Distin dont work as well in that team set up.

Edited by Bailey

I dont think David Moyes would let him go for anything under 18 million. We all know how stubborn he is because of the lescott deal, and he simply wont budge. Which is good :)

I still don't know if we should sell him, when I look at Jags in the games he is always shouting orders and organizing but I feel Heitinga is a better defender and we wouldn't really miss him :/

£18m.......................29 years old in a short while................aaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno, really don't. If we could hijack NZogbia for £10m (who IMO is a £15m player) then I must say yes with an extremely heavy heart.

You can't say WILL NOT as you dont know that for sure but at 18 mil I think it will be hard for dm to say no. Although I wouldn't want to sell our top defender he isn't irreplaceable with that sort of money and with change..

We should not sell any of our best players, and he is one of our best players. But you do have to consider the right time to sell. It is fair to say that most defenders we bring in improve, (I would bloody well hope so considering near all of our coaches are ex defenders)

Is it to be considered that we only paid £4m for him, so lets run him into the ground? Or do we look at the scary prospect of starting the season without a recognised and proven left sided player...

Is Rodwell going to make a centre half? Is Duffy ready to step up? Pre season indicates not yet (Barkley travelled with first team)

Ironically Wenger sold Toure at a similar age as Jags for £16m to city - you could say it was smart business, but given his record at selling at the right time and replacing with an unearthed gem, does he see Jags as being the best at what he needs now?

He, and 4 others want to leave because of the clubs Expected Money troubles, get him for £5m i think. Plus Heitinga, Rodwell and Duffy might come good.

I wouldn't be too disappointed, given his age, could we get him for £7m? If we could the chances are Liverpool would pounce and he's an ex season ticket holder.