IGNORED

Top 5 Worst Everton Signings Ever...

Mitch Ward, Marc Hottiger, Claus Thomsen, Brett Angel, Bakayoko..............and the list goes on and on and on, how long we got. :lol:

missed this post before....

christ almighty they were bad wern't they! hottiger made barrett look like cafu! and as for thomsen...always had a soft spot for owd brett meself he couldn't help bein shit but he was so bad it was funny :lol:

found this..

Baardsen retired from the game aged only 25 and went travelling around the world for a year, claiming he had lost interest in the game.

nothin do wi the fact he was shite then :lol:

for me it's

kroldrup

van the man

hottiger

thomsen

madar

bakayoko aswell...for that semi final alone he shouldn't be on the top 5...much worse...baardsen, barratt, rodrigo, madar, gazza, rihard wright, stephen hughes...all worse signings than bakayoko for me

bit unfair to include him when he got a bad injury

Brett Angel - just an embarrassment to professional football

Vinnie Samways - Prefered sun-bathing at his Villa in Spain to turning up for training and/or matches

Andy Van der Meyde - Doesn't need an explanation

Per Kroldrup - Gotta go down as one of the biggest failures in the Premier League, nevermind Everton

Mike Walker - We paid Norwich for the man who brought us Angel and Samways, utter shambles

Ginola, Gascoigne, Neil McDonald, Angell, Bernie Wright.

The signing that upset me most at the time was Norman Whiteside....hated him. But I got over it :) .

Is that the same Neil McDonald that won player of the year in 1990/91? I remember seeing him loads when I first started going to Goodison, he wasn't a bad player at all!

Is that the same Neil McDonald that won player of the year in 1990/91? I remember seeing him loads when I first started going to Goodison, he wasn't a bad player at all!

Senior moment....I was thinking of Neil Robinson (although I think he came through the ranks so not really a signing).

Having said that I wasn't a big fan of McDonald either....amazed he got player of the year.

Senior moment....I was thinking of Neil Robinson (although I think he came through the ranks so not really a signing).

Having said that I wasn't a big fan of McDonald either....amazed he got player of the year.

Don't remember Robinson, I'll bow down to your 'senior' wisdom ;)

Bit odd that he says 'best players in my memory' - and then picks Dixie Dean! In terms of all-time impact on the club in terms of winning trophies, gotta be something like:

Dixie Dean

Graeme Sharp

Neville Southall

Alan Ball

Alex Young

In terms of best signings I remember the club making (i.e. none of the above, Sharp and Southall were already there when I first remember watching us):

Tim Cahill

Mikel Arteta

Nigel Martin (bit harsh on Tim Howard maybe, but Martin was class, such a shame we didnt get him younger)

Gary Speed (don't care what anyone says, I fucking loved him and for me the blame for his departure will always lie squarely at the door of that despicable cunt Johnson)

Tommy Gravesen

Honourable mentions also to Big Dunc, if nothing else for the talismanic effect he had on the fans in dark days, and Barmby, who might have made the list if he hadnt left for the shite, but probably played his best football for us