IGNORED

Beckford

Same :lol: .

Let me try, I've seen special 1 tv and listened to Dave rave on about Ameobi heaps.

"if he can score against untid and spurs he good another"

"If he (beckford) can score against United and Spurs... he could score against another team"

I'm still not happy with that translation.

How about...

"If he's an effective enough master of the ancient art of Dixie to score against the estimable collective defensive talents of Old Trafford and White Hart Lane then mayhap he'll have the requisite skills to be an effective forward option for the Grand Old Team in blue." :)

Maybe :mellow: .

I thought he was very average last night tbh. The only good thing I saw him do was the shot he got away well that lead to the goal. His 1st touch, movement and attitude were nothing special at all and if the rumours are true that it will be Beckford in allowing Vaughan to leave I will be very dissapoited.

The way we play we need more from a striker than just goals. Look at the stick Yakubu gets even when his goals/games ratio is bloody good. Everton strikers need work rate, the ability to beat a man on their own (ie create their own chances)and lots of movement. I dont think he is good enough in any of these areas.

• 2 months later...

Ditto. He is wank. Massive step backward for Everton, no ambition if we sign this guy. Are we really that skint to pick up an ex-con wanna-be?? :angry:

bit over the top that like. im assuming you've only seen him a few times? lack of ambition? he's obviously not going to come in as a first 11 player so i don't think it has anything to do with ambition. he's probably better than vaughan and has the pace to give a different option. his finishing is a bit suspect at times. i dont particularly think he's goo enough to cut it consistenly at the top but i think you're going a bit overboard there

does alright for me on footy manager in the prem :lol:

seriously though if it's on a free i can't imagine the wages being massive..he is quick maybe good to go into channels and with the attacking midfield we have could work out well..also maybe a decent option to bring on when players are tiring i mean he had one chance against utd and took it very well and looks ok when i have seen him play..not a world beater but neither was marcus bent and he did a job

Ditto. He is wank. Massive step backward for Everton, no ambition if we sign this guy. Are we really that skint to pick up an ex-con wanna-be?? :angry:

getting a little carried away Ten! To be honest, signing someone on a free who does have talent (30 goals dont lie) sounds like a cracking bit of business. If he turns out to be a flop, sell him on to one of the other clubs who are interested next summer, maybe even make a few bob at the same time.

bit over the top that like. im assuming you've only seen him a few times? lack of ambition? he's obviously not going to come in as a first 11 player so i don't think it has anything to do with ambition. he's probably better than vaughan and has the pace to give a different option. his finishing is a bit suspect at times. i dont particularly think he's goo enough to cut it consistenly at the top but i think you're going a bit overboard there

Dude, doesnt matter what league you play in, the goals are the same size and putting 30 away (like i mentioned above) shows he has the eye for goal and that his finishing is pretty damn good. That being said, I havent seen him play to be honest, i only get to read the reports, so i will trust you on this. But, think about this; he improves with suspect the finishing under DMs coaching, we should have a real class act on our hands.

Put it this way, he's no better than Nugent, and at least with him we'd know he'd pour his heart and soul into playing for the club.

I'm not sure I agree with Craccer, I don't think he is any better than Vaughan, bit quicker maybe but Vaughany works harder, and they can both be equally suspect when it comes to finishing. Yeah he scores goals, but in the third tier ffs - who we gonna sign next, Rickie Lambert or Billy Paynter?!? I hope I'm proved wrong but even Leeds fans don't think he's that good.

Put it this way, he's no better than Nugent, and at least with him we'd know he'd pour his heart and soul into playing for the club.

I'm not sure I agree with Craccer, I don't think he is any better than Vaughan, bit quicker maybe but Vaughany works harder, and they can both be equally suspect when it comes to finishing. Yeah he scores goals, but in the third tier ffs - who we gonna sign next, Rickie Lambert or Billy Paynter?!? I hope I'm proved wrong but even Leeds fans don't think he's that good.

Nugent has never scored 30 in a season in any league, but yeah he would put 100% in for us. If Bills is right (and i'd trust him on this) he has scored 30 in 1/2 a season?! Hes on a free, this is a no brainer for me. Im not saying that he will be a Drogba or Rooney, but someone else who could add 10 goals a season would be welcome. Like i said, ive not seen him play, i can only go on whats on the screen but its clear to me he is worth taking the risk on, especialy on a free. Just looking at 2 of the teams he scored against in the cup; Utd, Spurs. Doesnt matter how he scored them, he scored them against 2 of the best teams in EPL.

Im sure the leeds fans did boo him, not surprised after he handed a transfer request half way through the season. They will have felt betrayed, like most of us did when Jlo handed in his transfer request. Also apparently wound them up by not trying (JLo vs Arsenal?) and then gesturing so for me Leeds fans arent goin to be objective. If he can settle, get a fresh start and carry on the form from the 1st half of the season, he will be a great signing. If not, sell him next year for a profit.

Has spent most part of season (since Xmas)on the bench and has been soundly boo-ed by the Leeds fans, not had very good reports about him. I think Bechio (SP) would be a better option.

Becchio is awful Bill, I get to see Leeds quite a bit and he's nowhere near good enough for us.

to the person who wasn't sure about vaughan - when he scores 30 a season i might reconsider, ok he's been i nthe championship but he's hardly set it alight

and to spiderman, the poitn stands, his finishing is average...the amount of times ive teased my mate this seasons about beckford not being able to finish his dinner. unfortunately its not as simple as that either when it comes to improving a player, he's not 16 or anything...finishing is quite a natural thing

Becchio is awful Bill, I get to see Leeds quite a bit and he's nowhere near good enough for us.

to the person who wasn't sure about vaughan - when he scores 30 a season i might reconsider, ok he's been i nthe championship but he's hardly set it alight

and to spiderman, the poitn stands, his finishing is average...the amount of times ive teased my mate this seasons about beckford not being able to finish his dinner. unfortunately its not as simple as that either when it comes to improving a player, he's not 16 or anything...finishing is quite a natural thing

Thanks Mike i dont see Leeds at all, so was just going on the press write-ups, always seem to praise Becchio and mention that Beckford got subbed and was booed. So probably neither of them is good enough. :lol:

im assuming you've only seen him a few times? lack of ambition?

Mike, you're right i have only seen him a few times and everytime he hasn't impressed me enough to suggest that he is cut for the premier league, let alone Everton. If he'd have gone to Wolves or Burnley, i'd think "Yeah ok, he's not top draw but he might do a job for them"...in terms of playing for Everton (Top 8 Premier League club) i really can't see him doing anything worth while. On top of that , see your comment below about finishing.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake was a good finisher and scored a shed load in the Championship (1 Division above League 1) and yet he cannot score for 'Toffee' (Poor pun apologies lol) in the Premier League. Yet Beckford scores 30 in League One and people think he'll do. The only beefit i can see from this deal, would be selling him on after a season to a championship team who want to give him an opportunity to prove himself, and get £2/3 mil in the process.

I've been a bit harsh on him, i take that back, so i apologise if that rattled you dude, i just felt if Evertons 'ambitions' for next season were Jermaine Beckford...i'm pretty pissed off. There must be other Bosman signings out there which could provide Everton with a little bit of quality.

getting a little carried away Ten!

Spidey, I admit i was a bit harsh but see above for my reason. Understandable i think??

oh it doesn't bother me...and ebanks-blake wasn't that great of a finisher...but i agree he's not good enough for a top 8 prem team, but he may be good enough to have as a 3rd choice, you've got to bear in mind we still have the yak and saha, we wouldn't be signing him to play everygame.

jb is hit and miss, sometimes as you say he can be off he boil, but he can make one run out of nowhere and itll change the game, he can make things happen.

bill, becchio is a work horse and he holds the ball up well other than that there's not much to him to be honest, he's good at that level because he's got a physical presence about him, but when he plays against the better defenders in the league he rarely does anything...dont think he could make it past the championship, grella looks a better player than him i think.

beckford's had a poor 10, but hes still scored 30 that just shows he can find the net atleast hes jsut turned off...not the ideal attitude. i may be slightly bias, ive met him and hes a nice bloke