Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Gosling

He played well today. He's definitely got some size to him now and looks to have acquired some pace. Sign him up for a few more years and see where he gets.

i'd hate to lose him especially for free..i am a big fan and believe he will become a very good player

im the opposite, i think his movement is good, but everything else is 'meh' i dont think hell ever be any better than an osman...championship player i think

OK so maybe he could leave due to an admin error....but why would he want to :mellow: ? He's certainly not going to be picked up by any of the European qualified teams. Newcastle? Would show supreme lack of ambition on his part.

Having said that I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, I don't think he'll ever be more than a squad player.

aving said that I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left, I don't think he'll ever be more than a squad player.

Same here Mike, god knows we will always love him for THAT goal, but I just can't see him making it as a first choice player.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle517849.html

England under-21 starlet Dan Gosling has walked out of Everton for nothing - after the Premier League ruled he was free to quit over an amazing administrative mistake.

Gosling argued that he could leave at the end of his contract without any fee on his head because the Goodison outfit had failed to put an offer in writing to him.

And the Premier League carried out a full inquiry, with statements from both Gosling's camp and Everton, before deciding the Merseyside club had slipped up - with the player allowed to go on a free transfer.

Everton wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with chairman Bill Kenwright making verbal offers but failing to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point.

Now David Moyes's club will miss out on a fee. They could have made around £4million at a tribunal if Gosling joins a rival Premier League club.

Versatile Gosling was in and out of Moyes's team over the past two seasons, with his personal highlight being the FA Cup replay winner over Liverpool. He had also been stalling on a new deal for football reasons as he wants to play more often.

Gosling is recovering from knee ligament surgery and will not be able to play for around three months. However he is now clear to speak to any club and negotiate his own terms.

Sunderland and Newcastle United are heading the chase, with West Ham also alerted about his availability. Gosling told the Premoer League tribunal that he has not spoken to any other team, but now he will be heading for a round of talks.

The result is a bitter blow for cash-conscious Everton who will be bitter about the outcome. Senior officials all put their case to the inquiry but one basic mistake has cost them a fortune.

Might he simply re-sign with Everton if none of the other offers are good enough?

Why would they re-sign him?

It's obvious that he wants to go or he wouldn't have taken his case to the premier league!

Bad mistake from EFC but no great loss other than financial I think.

if he has gone sod him, obviously not a loyal player and as has been stated only ever going to be a squad player. If he had stuck around he may have forced himself into the 1st team if he became good enough, though i doubt it. At least at the Barcodes or the Smoggies he should walk into their first team and get the 1st team football he wants. I wont lose sleep over it, big loss financially but other than that....

Cant blame him if he wants first team football coz he'll get little or none with us next season.

Cant believe one of the suits fucked this up though, its not as if we can afford to make basic mistakes that hit us in the pocket!

Nevermind whether Gosling wanted out or not, what an absolute f***ing disgrace from the club's point of view! How much did he cost us? £1 million? And we've lost him for nothing because of an 'administrative error'?! If this is true (I assume the club will have to make an official statement at some point), then heads should role, no business can afford to throw a million quid down the drain because of some cretin who's incapable of doing their job properly. You might have known there'd be some crisis or other this summer, ffs Everton, sort it out and start doing things with a bit of professionalism!

what a ungrateful twat!! Symptomatic of what is wrong with the game at the moment, full of money grabbing gits who couldn't give a stuff who they play for or who gives them a break or chance! He scored the winner against the scum and now thinks he should be a first team regular! C'mon son it takes time unless you are exceptional - which he ain't!! Look at the likes of timmy, jags, nev etc who are passionate about the club, don't look at follow the example of tossers like lescott!!!!!!!

Make that four!

Not to mention that right now he'd only be good for being a pirate at kids parties because he's only got one good leg.

I reckon you broke in, found the contract and shredded it!

In all seriousness, never had the athleticism or ability to threaten first team selection, however for some reason he seemed to have established himself as a Rodwell-esque potential player through in the rumour mills, which is no doubt why the barcodes are getting excited. The only thing they share is friendship and similar age. It's almost like Ben Thornly or Chris Casper to David Beckham.

Truth is we know he was never gonna quite make it, however we maybe could have gotten £3m+ for him from a club like Newcastle who do the their scouting using journalist opinion. Never the less bad admin on our behalf...

Lets look on the bright side.

Everton are unlikely to make the same mistake again. ;)

Unfortunately that is the only bright side to this debacle.

Goslings only way of getting a big pay day (via signing on fee). Was never going to set the Premier League alight and could probably see he didn't fit in Moyes' plans so he took the best option for him personally. I doubt if any of us were in that situation you would do what is best for you and not your employer.

Bad mistake from EFC...

Possibly but I don't suppose it enetered their heads when they offered him a new contract that he'd know about, let alone act on, a loophole that would allow him to get out of a lucrative new deal and move on to mid-table obscurity.

Might happen quite often but very few other players would have the lack of ambition and self respect to act on it. Silly boy.

But as you say, no great loss other than financial.

i think all this talk is just a bunch of crap created by the papers. there's an article written on july 1st about that kid abdullayev passing a medical with us where it shows araz in everton shorts with the physio and another picture of the kid with dan, who's in full training gear. so dan is obviously still around finch farm doing his rehab work. it would be silly for dan to walk away from us right now since he can't play for at least another three months. if he were to try and find another club he'd be out of proper rehab unless he paid for it out of his own pocket. and besides, any new club he would sign for wouldn't exactly be keen on signing him up only to have to pay him to sit on the physio's table for the next few months.

you can find the picture here: http://followeverton.com/2010/07/01/rumour-abdullayev-had-everton-medical/

he's still be around finch farm recently though.... i think it's just a big mess being stirred up by the papers.

picture of dan with that kid abdullayev while he was passing his medical: http://followeverton.com/2010/07/01/rumour-abdullayev-had-everton-medical/

Geeze he looks like since he's been injured he's lost all that size he'd gained LOL. Wouldn't mind seeing him stay round but it doesn't look like it'll happen.

The Echo article comes across as very unfair on Gosling.

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it and Gosling felt he'd need to leave to play more first team football. As Gosling is under 24, the issue of compensation was referred to the PFCC (premier league and football league tribunal body) as per normal procedure. PFCC ruled that EFC didn't offer a proper contract and as per Premier League rules Gosling is free to leave with no compensation owed to EFC.

Hardly dragging the issue to the tribunal as the Echo suggested. In my opinion, the Everton administration staff messed up here but the club's official line is that the verbal contract offer was based on "mutual trust". EFC have been caught with their pants down here, embarrassing for the people involved but it isn't the end of the world. It could have been worse.

From what I've heard Gosling wanted assurances that he would play more often and in a central position (not so much the money - £15k a week although was probably miffed that Rodwell was given 20k rising to 40k). The club couldn't agree to it...

Of course the club couldn't agree to it, bloody ridiculous of him to ask. Who's he suggesting we should drop to make way for him?

And he'll never be half the player Rodwell is, so the wage differential sound about right to me.

£780,000 a year is a pretty generous offer for a twenty year old with very limited ability.

Christ, he's barely good enough to play a wide position, he's got his head stuck up his own arse if he thinks he ever had a chance of ousting Arteta, Fellaini, Neville, Heitinga, Rodwell, Cahill, Osman from a central spot.

a few people being a bit harsh on him i'd say.

he's unlikely to ever be a first team regular for us, we've foolishly let his contract run out and he's taken the opportunity to get into a team where he will get to play more football.

I'd say if he stays with us he won't get many opportunities and his prospects so far as moving on will only drop.

Gutted if this is true. Don't agree with the comments about him not being good enough, Gosling and Rodwell look class when playing together imo. After giving him his big break and paying his wages through injury would like to see him show abit of loyalty to the club and sign a new contract.

Surely this cant all be true???

Firstly it would be a real dropped bollack by Everton (probably the truest part!)

Secondly surely Gosling wouldnt think he would be better off joining another team? If he really is looking to his future IMO he would be better off asking to go on loan to get more experience (when he is fit!) and then coming back to a club that has already given him a chance that he wouldnt have had at others. He wont ever go to a bigger club than Everton as truth be told he isnt the most blessed player, but he does put in a shift and he does have very good movement.

Thirdly he cant honestly think he should be given a centre midfield spot ahead of some of the real quality players we have there? He would have been better suited trying to get a more central slot in cup games etc and then (hopefully) impress, rather than demand a 1st team Cm spot.

If this all really is true, which it does seem, then its pretty pathetic on both sides! Having said that I wish him luck in whatever he does I will always remember him for that cup goal against Liverpool!