IGNORED

Gosling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1292869/Dan-Gosling-takes-flight-Everton-shock-starlet-eyes-West-Ham.html

Appears he suggested he was going to sign and then intentionally stalled to get this to happen. Devious.

If that's the case then he's not going to be the most popular lad when he comes back with his new team <_< .

ok, at the risk of sounding stupid:

"Gosling joined Everton from Plymouth in January, 2008 on an £8,000-a-week, three-year deal."

which would mean Jan 2011?

or is the article wrong?

Surely this cant all be true???

Firstly it would be a real dropped bollack by Everton (probably the truest part!)

Secondly surely Gosling wouldnt think he would be better off joining another team? If he really is looking to his future IMO he would be better off asking to go on loan to get more experience (when he is fit!) and then coming back to a club that has already given him a chance that he wouldnt have had at others. He wont ever go to a bigger club than Everton as truth be told he isnt the most blessed player, but he does put in a shift and he does have very good movement.

Thirdly he cant honestly think he should be given a centre midfield spot ahead of some of the real quality players we have there? He would have been better suited trying to get a more central slot in cup games etc and then (hopefully) impress, rather than demand a 1st team Cm spot.

If this all really is true, which it does seem, then its pretty pathetic on both sides! Having said that I wish him luck in whatever he does I will always remember him for that cup goal against Liverpool!

Maybe he thinks he knee is knackered so hes taking a payday whilst he can....

It's even more gutting that we've been paying for his bloody rehab, we should demand money from the little shit. Although, maybe the club at least owed him that after making him play on against Wolves with a fucked knee. Come to think of it, maybe that's played a role in what he's doing?

It's even more gutting that we've been paying for his bloody rehab, we should demand money from the little shit. Although, maybe the club at least owed him that after making him play on against Wolves with a fucked knee. Come to think of it, maybe that's played a role in what he's doing?

I thought he was signalling he wanted to play on?

Do all contracts run August to August irrespective of when they're signed? Bit like all race horses are officially born on 1st Jan.

Incidentally been trawling the FA regulations to find the loophole he's using but I can't.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/Rules_Regs/Rules_of_the_association_pg91-127.ashx/Rules_of_the_association_pg91-127.pdf

There's a bit at C. (j) iii but that's referring to players over twenty-four I think.

(ii) There shall be no right to a compensation or transfer fee by the previous Club of

a Player who has attained the age of 24 years on or before 30th June and whose

contract with that Club has expired. If a Club wishes to offer re-engagement to a

Player or exercise an option contained in the agreement the following practice

shall prevail.

(iii) Within 7 days of the first Saturday in May, or the date of the last competitive

Match of the Club’s first team, whichever is the later, the Club must give notice in

writing to the Player indicating that either the Club offers a re-engagement or, if

appropriate, exercises any option contained in the agreement.

Maybe it isn't just about players over twenty-four, if not then I think it's a bit ambiguous and grounds for appeal.

Well we are appealing the decision apparently.

Should bloody well hope so! costing us an arm and a duff-leg. If we appeal does that mean he cannot sign to another club? Because if we were successful in our appeal we would be entitled to compensation and any new club that would sign him on would be liable for that, right?

ok, at the risk of sounding stupid:

"Gosling joined Everton from Plymouth in January, 2008 on an £8,000-a-week, three-year deal."

which would mean Jan 2011?

or is the article wrong?

Indeed, Evertonfc.com confirm that he signed 14.01.2008 so there is definately more to this story. Even if a player signs in august, their contracts always run out at the end of june so we need some clarification regarding contracts....

I'm not sure what kind of first team ball he thinks he's going to get after coming strait out of injury elsewhere. The major difference between many managers and DM is that DM tends to be cautious when bringing players back into the fold from injury. Gosling may be in for a real wake up call when he plays too early at his next club and damages himself worse in the long run. Oh well he's a big lad and can make his own decisions right???

I agreed no great loss as he was pretty useless but what a wanker no matter what the reason for wanting to move if he could have gone about this alot better. if he wanted to leave he should have said months ago lets hope his injury doesn't heal anytime soon!!! seems a strange descision to make as he is injured.

I work in Manchester and have had loads of lads come up to me saying "are you gutted?" etc because they all think he is on a par with Rodwell. When i've told them i'm not really that bothered they think i'm a bitter cunt! Truth is that the perception of Gosling outside our club is far different to his true value. Like one other poster stated just like Jeffers.

That's a good article on the reality of the situation, He must hold himself in very high regard or he is thick as pigsh!t possibly both but either way he's surely making a huge mistake career wise.

As said other then financial he's no loss I've never been a fan and always thought he looked like a championship player at best to be blunt the lad's pretty sh!t, Cheers for the goal against the shite have fun in football obscurity.