IGNORED

Howard: I Don't Like Being Goalie

Louis

American goalkeeper Tim Howard has spoke of his love for Everton football club, launching a scathing attack on those that disrespect their employers.

Howard, who was a doubt for America's second group game against Slovenia following a clash with Emile Heskey in Rustenberg, labelled players who talk up moves in the media a 'disgrace.'

In an interview which may well be a reaction to the recent words of team mates John Heitinga and Steven Pienaar Howard said: "I think it's disrespectful when players talk about other clubs.

"It's a disgrace really, people always flogging themselves for another contract."

Howard went on to say that he desires champions league football as much as the next player, but that there was only one place he wanted to achieve it.

"I do have an ambition to play in the Champions League. I love Everton and I think we're in touching distance.

"The gap has become the top four, and then the next four, with ourselves, Tottenham, Villa and City.

"It's a big fight, a really big fight.

“We had a boatload of injuries. It's not an excuse, but I believe in our team, we did some really awesome things (last year) and we can get back there. We just need a really good start."

The American, who has made the goalkeeper jersey his own at both domestic and international level, sympathised with Robert Green earlier this week, after his howler gave the USA a point against England.

Branding goalkeeping "too intense", Howard said he's much rather be doing someone else's job in the World Cup.

"I don't like being goalie, even now. I never enjoy playing in games.

"I enjoy the buildup sometimes, and I certainly enjoy it afterward.

"I'd like to play out in midfield, holding midfield, breaking up plays and passing it to the more talented guys.”