IGNORED

Only Happen To Us!

Cloud

Guest fozzie22

We cleared debt by taking a fooking big mortage on against season ticket sales,granted not wyness's doing but still it was done as leeds did and god help us if the unthinkable happens...so in effect we are still in debt a bloody big debt if things go tits up.

30 mill you say..shrek's cash i reply..the greatest young talent of his generation given away,i'm sorry but he was.

One of the smallest squads in the priemership,great thinking that one.

DM umm a good try but time to look elsewhere tbh,far too many poor signings though in his defence i do get the feeling the BK meddles in some of them.

Sick of hearing about europe,it lasted 4 games and we where embarrased,we looked way out of our depth to say otherwise is foolish.

We still get beaten by those teams you mention Fish on a regualr basis,though i grant you we beat arsenal but at the time they couldnt win a raffle away from home at the time.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye foz i know where you stand and i respect your opinion although i dont agree.

The facts as i see it are we went into decline after last winning the league and stayed down there, the only glimmers of hope i'v seen at Goodison are in the last few years. Progress is not a forthcomming as it maybe should be but the fact remains if you graphed both our league & financial position for the past 20 years we are currently peaking in both areas!

As football fans we will always expect more but as a realist i accept that years of mis-mangement is as i see it finaly begining to be reversed.

My humble opinion as always. Liam.

Goldy said.............Rome was not built in a day

Thats cos i wasnt there. :D:D

Good points you make Young Man, and i completely agree with you.

The futures bright.............................the futures Blue.

Edited by toffeelicker

all valid points with back up, but come on. are we as ambitious as Wigan? Newcastle? Spurs? i dont think so

I honestly believe if we had their money we would make alot more of it than they have all done!

Wigan cant be compared as they need to settle and obtain some status prior to decent players wanting to sign for them.

Spurs yes but the fact that they have been in a position to buy 6-8 players every season for the past few years is the only difference between us and spurs IMO.

Newcastle are more comparable to leeds its a do or die attitude up there and the cash will run out one day where will they be then.

I'm happy taking our time and stabalising both the club and our finances, building a competative youth system and hopefully making a sustained challenge in the premier league. At the end of the day we could employ someone like Hiddink and spend 100mil but it wont bring lasting success unless theres someone like Abramovich behind us. I'd rather win nothing for another 10 years and slowly build us up to a credible challenger than have a flash in the pan league win and then fade like so many have.

how can wigan not be compared? im not talkin about success, but in my honest opinion i believe as a club and as a business wigan are more ambitious than us.

dont get me wrong im happy with taking the time to grow. but the fact is we have shrunk so much compared to how big we once were. just look at the many mockories (spellin?) over the past 20 years, from final day escapes to being robbed of the most potentially brilliant prospect we have ever had. mismanagement has led to the ambition of a once great club falling seriously below par

how can wigan not be compared? im not talkin about success, but in my honest opinion i believe as a club and as a business wigan are more ambitious than us.

dont get me wrong im happy with taking the time to grow. but the fact is we have shrunk so much compared to how big we once were. just look at the many mockories (spellin?) over the past 20 years, from final day escapes to being robbed of the most potentially brilliant prospect we have ever had. mismanagement has led to the ambition of a once great club falling seriously below par

wIGAN CANT BE COMPARED BECAUSE THEY CAN HAVE MORE AMBITION THAN EVERYONE IN THE LEAGUE THE JUST WONT HAVE THE PULLING POWER TO MAKE TOP SIGNINGS UNTIL THEY BED IN AND PROVE THEY CAN SURVIVE THE SECCOND SEASON.

Sorry about the caps.

Yes i agree we have fell from greatness but what i dont understand is how us finaly doing something about it can be classed as having "no ambition" surely making moves to rectify the situation is having ambition! More ambition than i have seen at Everton since i started going the match.

What would prove ambition to you rite now?

im not sayin no ambition, im just sayin we short on a bit of it right now

Short compared to the mid 80's? or the mid 90's? or early 21st century?

My point is we have been at a lower point for the past 20 years and now we are actually starting to look like we want to change & build and in my opinion we are showing ambition to move out of the bottom half which surely has to be the first step!

How can we be showing no ambition when we are trying to finalise a new stadium, buying players like Yobo, Arteta, Cahill & AJ. Being in the chase for Lesscott, Huth and who knows who else?

Doese everyone who thinks we are showing no ambition expect us to go from relagation fodder in massive debt with the oldest shittest squad in the league to champrionship contenders in a couple of years?

Do you think if we changed out aim from UEFA qualification to league champions we would just achieve it because we were more ambitious?

"F@CK OFF vdm and valente i hope you both get the bird flu."

If you just sit back, take a minute, and look at this in an unbiased way, I dont think there is a player in our squad who wouldnt up and leave if Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal came knocking on the Door.

AJ, Arteta, Beattie, Cahill, all would be drawn to the better Lifestyle that comes with the bigger salaries, and the celebrity hype that comes with playing for a high profile team. TV Coverage, Euro cups, and Champs League.

So as long as i think they are giving their all while they ARE here, they will get my support, cos when push comes to shove we all want to better ourselves.

Licker.

PS.... my Dad once told me never to get a job as an undertaker....................

...................................its a dead end job. :)

"F@CK OFF vdm and valente i hope you both get the bird flu."

If you just sit back, take a minute, and look at this in an unbiased way, I dont think there is a player in our squad who wouldnt up and leave if Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal came knocking on the Door.   

AJ, Arteta, Beattie, Cahill, all would be drawn to the better Lifestyle that comes with the bigger salaries, and the celebrity hype that comes with playing for a high profile team. TV Coverage, Euro cups, and Champs League.

So as long as i think they are giving their all while they ARE here, they will get my support, cos when push comes to shove we all want to better ourselves.

Licker.

PS.... my Dad once told me never to get a job as an undertaker....................

...................................its a dead end job. :)

good post

its not worth mentioning the stadium, that had been a fiasco for years!

i understand what your saying, we are showing more ambition than in previous years, but i still think we are quite far from an ambitious club right now

The stadium is a different animal now than it was then, it was johnsons dream, became a multi purpose arena and has now been simplified back to a football stadium which IMO shows ambition to actually get it off the ground rather than big plans no action.

You are exactly right regarding us not being one of the most ambitious clubs rite now but the last time someone tried to take massive steps they ended up in the seccond devision without any silverware! Ask a Leeds fan if they will ever demand massive steps again and i bet they will all tell you that season in europe was not worth the destruction afterwards.

I agree with your sentiment Steve but i'm a firm believer in setting obtainable goals and building up slowly. Anyway mate lets agree to disagree and hope we continue in the right direction whatever the speed. :D

I completely agree with Mr Fish I think we've reached a real turning point in the clubs recent history and we do have ambition our quick movement in the transfer windows proved that

you cant call our fast transfers a turning point imo

fish - i dont disagree with you, i just have a different view on it mate

last season anybody? yes we signed some players late on, but dont forget how many players we got in early, and they were players we wanted! Davies and Kroldrup anyone?

im just saying we have a far way to go before Valente's comments are unjustified

One thing I have noticed over the last few days about the 5 people being linked away is.

VDM - Wants to leave

Valente - Wants to leave

McFadden - Rejected offer and going to be sold

Naysmith - Want to sell to get money

Yobo - Won't sign new deal

Valente came out straight away and said that he did not say it, Mcfadden agent has said today that he has not rejected offer and expect to have it completed soon.

VDM has had time to say he was mis quoted and has not. Nothing has been said about Naysmith.

Yobo was a little while again when saying that deal was on table and he would think about it.

I think that Valente and MCFadden will stay.

VDM will go along with Naysmith if we can get a decent off for both of them.

I think that if Weir signs a new deal Yobo will go.

At the moment WEIR is pondering whether to sign another contract or go somewhere else,

and YOBO wont sign cos he doesnt know if Weir is going or staying

The manager should tell Weir that he is no longer in his plans, cos he intends to start with Yobo and Lescott, also needs to tell joey that he will be 1st choice.

That would insure that all parties know where they stand so we can move on.

FFS ITS LIKE RUNNING A KINDERGARTEN. big kids the lot of them, come on Moysey, lets get it sorted and move on.

Licker.

edit for a PS................JUST BEAT ME TO IT GOLDY.

Edited by toffeelicker