IGNORED

The Odd News Thread

Louis

I read about that on a rival page about three weeks ago. William Roache - not Ken Barlow.

Say suspicion - nothing's been proved.

A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "An 81-year-old man from Wilmslow in Cheshire has this morning, Wednesday May 1 2013, been arrested by Lancashire Constabulary on suspicion of rape.
Maybe they know something we don't.

I tell you, I read it a good three weeks ago on House of Fun. William Roache suspected of indecency and all round questionable behavior.

It seems an arrest wasn't made at the time, fair enough, and now action has been taken, but the name and subject issue, is old news.

Can't even remember if the charges refer to Roache's past or present time, but it's an unfortunate state of affairs. Seemed a decent individual, but once again, nothing's been proved.

Le Veil's name wasn't mentioned at all from what I remember, it was merely Roache and all these accusations. These names you keep hearing about, guilty or otherwise, can be a shock sometimes, as you just don't expect it from some individuals, but we've seen before how even the most innocent names can hide a dark secret. May well have been right come to think of it, as I remember now Roache defending someone on allegations, but no name was mentioned, at least not the other. Can only keep an eye on this situation and see what occurs, but once again, still an unfortunate news story with the names involved.

Le Veil's name wasn't mentioned at all from what I remember, it was merely Roache and all these accusations. These names you keep hearing about, guilty or otherwise, can be a shock sometimes, as you just don't expect it from some individuals, but we've seen before how even the most innocent names can hide a dark secret. May well have been right come to think of it, as I remember now Roache defending someone on allegations, but no name was mentioned, at least not the other. Can only keep an eye on this situation and see what occurs, but once again, still an unfortunate news story with the names involved.

I don't personally think it's unfortunate when people are brought to justice irrespective of what their name or career choice happens to be.

I wouldn't worry. It's only around 100 miles away on a rival program.

Rovers Return damn it. The other is on Emmerdale Farm although I don't watch neither.

Said before it's only a pity with the names involved, as you just don't expect that kind of behavior with some names, or they seem like the last people in the world to be brought to shame. Fair enough, if they are found guilty and actually did any atrocities, they should be punished accordingly, as with anyone else. Just because they're (previously) innocent names (and could still be) and the epitome of safe family viewing, doesn't make it any different. Be interesting to see how this finally resolves, so we can at least be clear on one or two things.

You never would have thought it, as with the others, but we've seen before how anybody is capable of being up to no good. Obviously (once again) he's done wrong, eventually got found out, but it is a shame as most before would have seen him as a decent individual before this all came to light. Did some great match reports from Goodison Park (and other venues) often enough, with bizarre and fun details, but you can't ignore his past actions. Still a shame though. Just never would have expected it.

Jimmy Savile and Garry Glitter were both seen as decent individuals.

Im sure Fritzl was seen as a good neighbour before everyone found out about his illegal house extension. How dare he build a cellar without the propper planning permissions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-22753017

'The question in the three-hour exam at the university's Faculty of Law began: "Sandra is President of The Vizards, a College drinking society. She is organising the initiation of new members.

"After a great deal of alcohol has been drunk, the members of the society form a circle around Billy, Gilbert and Richard who are to be initiated."

The question then described three "sexual" incidents involving the men, who all are blindfolded.

The incidents include scenarios involving oral sex, male rape and torture.

The exam students were asked to outline any offences which may have been committed.'

• 2 weeks later...

This baffles me to be honest...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22967853

"...as an employer they've got to make sure they're safe at work..."

That is, the government have to make sure soldiers are safe at work :dont know:. Just keep them inside their barracks then, that'd work.

I feel for families of servicemen who die for sure, but it's an occupational hazard that you're aware of when you sign up isn't it?

Imagine if the family of every soldier who died in WW1 & 2 had had this right....in fact many of them would've had a far better case as they were conscripted rather than volunteering.

Actually WW1 killed my grandfather (not at the time but slowly and painfully over the following years)....think I'll sue retrospectively; does anyone have Injury Lawyers for You's number?

I agree to a point if they were not looked after (for example - not being given bulletproof jackets etc...) but to sue just because they've just been killed is a joke. I feel for the families involved but the soldiers know what they are getting into. Even the advert used to say that 99.9% probably didn't have what it took considering how full on the job is.

It's a bit like working for McDonalds and then suing them because you had to work with a deep fat frier.