IGNORED

Gary Ablett 1965 - 2012, R.I.P

MikeO

• 1 year later...

I was there in November 94 when he scored the winner against West Ham, stooping header. We were desperate, hadn't won in ages. Remember the noise at the end, deafening whistles begging the ref to blow up, we were under the cosh big time. One of those games where I was close to tears through the tension.

Heard the news earlier today but didn't get a chance to comment

He was only here for a short time after the making the short journey over but he was a good, honest professional and the game will be poorer for his passing. Played in the Rideout Final and picked up an FA cup winners medal to add to his collection and I remember him scoring a few when Walker first took charge, he did an interview after the last day Wimbledon game in 1994 and talked about all what happened that day, scoring an own goal that actually nearly relegated the club and all the emotions of the day, he came across as a fine man. My sympathies to his family and loved ones at this difficult time. sad.png

• 3 years later...