IGNORED

Wolves (Home)

iggy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another physical long ball team who will get men behind the ball and try to hit us on the counter - please god Moyes don't even try and play them at their own game, we haven't got the players to go that way like we did in 2005, we'll get found out like we did at Blackburn and just look stupid. Rodwell and Coleman for me are definite starters, we were crying out for pace and energy at Ewood Park, I'd stick with Saha up front for now as Beckford didn't do anything to merit a start and the Yak looks enormous again, Heits in for Distin so we can start playing some football on the deck from the back, and I think Gueye should be given a run out as a sub, he's a bit of an unknown quantity and looks pacy and direct.

Yeah changes are needed, i know its only Wolves but i would still play 4-5-1

As much as i like Osman he is not a winger, so switch Pienaar to the right and give Gueye a run on the left, and possibly a place for Coleman.

-------------------------------- HOWARD --------------

------COLEMAN -- JAGIELKA -- DISTIN -- BAINES

PIENAAR - FELLAINI - RODWELL - ARTETA - GUEYE

------------------------------- SAHA

Have Fellaini and Rodwell interchanging with Saha.

Mind you, I'm bottom of the Fantasy League so what do i know. :P

Dont think Moysey will drop some of his "old guard" and even if he did i think he wud put hibbo ahead of coleman.. but if he listens to the fans i think we all wanna see coleman get a start! I wanna see Jags/Heits at the back and maybe Gueye get a run out i wanna see the pace!

We've got a pretty decent squad, now Moyes has to sort out his starting eleven, if Neville, Osman and Hibbert aren't amongst them......grow some balls David and drop them.

All three will get chances during the season, let's just get that first win on the board.

Wolves would love a point, so attacking ideas would be nice.

Have a bad feeling 1-1.

Edited by Blue 250

Neville out for Coleman. Ossie out for Bily. Bench Screech for Rodders. Sure, the idea of Moyes not playing a DM is probably out of the questions, and Fellaini is talented, I think we need to come out with more of a bite this time around. If we need to slow down, THEN bring in Felli. We need all three points here and against Wolves, we should come out strong.

I recon it will be a 2-1, not sure who to though... Il wait and see who Moyes picks before I say anything.

Id definitely get Heitinga in and definitely keep Felli as a DM. Id like to see Coleman but dont expect it and I wouldnt mind seeing Yakubu and Rodwell in there for Saha & Cahill. Therefore my team would be:

Howard

Coleman-Jags-Heits-Baines

Felli

Pienaar-Arteta-Rodwell-Billy

Yak

Subs to come on:

Gueye (if Billys not doing anything)

Saha (if losing and need a goal)

Beckford (for Yak if we are ahead but need another)

Whilst I also think there has been quite an over reaction to the defeat at Blackburn, if we don't beat Wolves though we can kiss goodbye to Europe!

Isn't that a contradiction in terms??? I can't see that second game into the season a loss or a draw would put us out of European contention! (Remember last season). Anyway that said I think we will turn on the style at home and run out comforatble winners.

Edited by barryj

Im going Everton 2 - 0 Wolves

Id like to see

HOWARD

COLEMAN JAGS JOHHNY BAINES

FELLINI ARTETA

PIENAAR RODWELL BILLY

SAHA

However Im expecting

HOWARD

NEVILLE JAGS DUSTBIN BAINES

OSMAN FELLINI ARTETA PIENAAR

CAHILL

SAHA

What Danger said but I'm goin for an echo result as last season. 1-1

Edited by tenaciousj

I dont expect Moyes to start Coleman against Wolves although i would love to see him play. Osman is not a winger at all, he has no pace and doesnt really get into the game from their and in my opinion should be a bench player.I hope to see Jonny back in defence alongside Jags. I think it will be a tough game again and another small score-line 1-0 to the blues.

My team would be:

Howard

Neville Jonny Jags Baines

Felli Mikel

Billy Cahill Pienaar

King

Neville out for Coleman. Ossie out for Bily. Bench Screech for Rodders. Sure, the idea of Moyes not playing a DM is probably out of the questions, and Fellaini is talented, I think we need to come out with more of a bite this time around. If we need to slow down, THEN bring in Felli. We need all three points here and against Wolves, we should come out strong.

If you want more bite then Felli should be the first name on the team sheet

I think we will edge it 2-1

Guest rusty747

I have huge respect for what David Moyes has achieved at Everton but I can't help but feel that he has peaked. At getting the best out of average players he is, undoubtedly, brilliant. But now he has some serious quality in the squad and yet he manages to send out a team that don't even have the confidence to play to their strengths.

The squad has improved tremendously in terms of quality and strength in depth and, for that, Moyes and Bill K deserve huge credit. But if we are to really move onto the next level, that comes from belief and confidence, and that comes from a manager who the players believe can make them even better than they already are.

I remember Gary Lineker commenting on Terry Venebles when he was England coach and saying that his tactical knowledge was superb and that he was the only coach he had ever met that could work with a top international and make him even better. Ask yourselves honestly, Do our quality/flair players deep down, believe that Moyes can do that for them - and us?

I really believe there is enough quality in the squad to make a serious top 4 challenge. What I don't have confidence in is the tactical nouse and safety first approach of David Moyes.

Beckford and Anichebe have plenty to prove, Saha and Yakubu can do it if they can be bothered.Start the lads with something to prove, if it doesn't work out let Saha show us why he got his new contract.

On paper we are better than Wolves, trouble is were playing on grass.Getting that first win especialy at home is way more important than playing well, Blackburn didn't play well and they are three points ahead of us.

Playing well will come, we have the players, Moyes just needs to fine tune them.A couple of wins will just help all that along.

I can still see us not quite clicking yet and Wolves up after a winning start..1-1.

I have huge respect for what David Moyes has achieved at Everton but I can't help but feel that he has peaked. At getting the best out of average players he is, undoubtedly, brilliant. But now he has some serious quality in the squad and yet he manages to send out a team that don't even have the confidence to play to their strengths.

The squad has improved tremendously in terms of quality and strength in depth and, for that, Moyes and Bill K deserve huge credit. But if we are to really move onto the next level, that comes from belief and confidence, and that comes from a manager who the players believe can make them even better than they already are.

I remember Gary Lineker commenting on Terry Venebles when he was England coach and saying that his tactical knowledge was superb and that he was the only coach he had ever met that could work with a top international and make him even better. Ask yourselves honestly, Do our quality/flair players deep down, believe that Moyes can do that for them - and us?

I really believe there is enough quality in the squad to make a serious top 4 challenge. What I don't have confidence in is the tactical nouse and safety first approach of David Moyes.

Sorry this is a load of crap IMO, one game into the season and the Moyes bashers have come out. He is the best man to lead this club forward, cant believe you have said he has peaked when he hasnt even started! He has his best squad he ever had, he will now prove he is a top manager and push on. If MOYES isnt the man for us then i dont know who is, there is no-one better than him who can take us forward! The safety first approach as you describe it has proved us well over the last few years, we have be in the champions league, europa league and constantly we around the top 4.... look back a few years ago and we were relegation candidates!? This safety 1st approach is a well balanced, organised and disciplined team. we are well drilled and can out pass many of teams when we get going, look at what Paul Merson quoted last season, everton are playing like Barca, when have you ever heard that in recent years. He is the man to lead us back to glory, one defeat and people are already doubting the man! its shocking! i agree he can be sometimes defensive and makes some strange subs now and then but the man has given us our best hope in years of becoming a top club again, he is the man to lead us back to the top. IMWT

Guest rusty747

Thanks guys - didn't realise my post would stir up such emotive responses. I have never regarded myself as a Moyes basher. He was the right man for the job that needed doing in 2002 thru until maybe last season. Now that he has got serious quality players to manage, all I am saying is that he needs to step up a gear himself, and if last weeks efforts are anything to go by, then he isn't doing it.

I would love to be proven wrong. I like the guy, have had the privelige of meeting him like many of us have and have nothing but respect for him. But I still think his biggest test is about to come. How can he keep a quality squad happy when he has 20+ players who all think they are worth a starting place and can he come up with some cohesive tactics to get the best out of those quality players? So far, the jury is out on both those points - but I do wish him well.

Guest rusty747

For me by the way,

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Distin Baines

Pieenar Arteta Felli Gueye

Billy

Saha

Subs

Mucha

Hibbo

Jags

Pip