Wolves (Home)

iggy

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rusty747

Jags on the bench.!! :blink:

Yes. We know Moyes likes a leftie and a rightie as his centre back pairing. SD is the leftie and JH allows us to play the ball out from the back and get our midfield on the ball, facing forwards, in the other teams half with our forwards able to show for a pass rather than chasing hoof balls from Jags.

Yes. We know Moyes likes a leftie and a rightie as his centre back pairing. SD is the leftie and JH allows us to play the ball out from the back and get our midfield on the ball, facing forwards, in the other teams half with our forwards able to show for a pass rather than chasing hoof balls from Jags.

What the heck are you smoking!!! You must be high to be coming out with these comments!! 1st Moyes has peaked and now Jags on the bench!!?

I agree Moyes likes a lefy but he will not drop Jags. he is our best defender IMO, I really hope its Jags and Jonny. But i can see him sticking with Distin and Jags and maybe but Jonny into midfield seen as Felli looks abit unfit.

As someone said he would not drop Neville, he is the captain and we do look better with him on the pitch.

Guest rusty747

I agree that Moyes almost certianly wont drop Neville - but I think he should. I too would prefer Jags and Johnny, but if Moyes sticks with Distin I would rather have JH alongside him. I would start with Felli, then if he needs a blow I would do as you suggest - Felli off, JH into mid and Jags at the back for the last 30 mins - hopefully with the game already won.

I can't fail to hide my excitement about tomorrow. Attended a few of the pre-season games but this is where it really starts. Can't wait!

I'd go for;

Howard

Neville Jags Johnny Baines

Bily Felli Rodders Artea Pienaar

Beckford

I rate Saha but I think that starting someone else ahead of him should give him a kick up the arse. Not convinced that Yak is going to deliver again yet and would like to see Beckford given his chance as I have high(ish) hopes for him.

3-0. Beckford x 2 and Bily

Edited by jamiemaher85

I have huge respect for what David Moyes has achieved at Everton but I can't help but feel that he has peaked. At getting the best out of average players he is, undoubtedly, brilliant. But now he has some serious quality in the squad and yet he manages to send out a team that don't even have the confidence to play to their strengths.

The squad has improved tremendously in terms of quality and strength in depth and, for that, Moyes and Bill K deserve huge credit. But if we are to really move onto the next level, that comes from belief and confidence, and that comes from a manager who the players believe can make them even better than they already are.

I remember Gary Lineker commenting on Terry Venebles when he was England coach and saying that his tactical knowledge was superb and that he was the only coach he had ever met that could work with a top international and make him even better. Ask yourselves honestly, Do our quality/flair players deep down, believe that Moyes can do that for them - and us?

I really believe there is enough quality in the squad to make a serious top 4 challenge. What I don't have confidence in is the tactical nouse and safety first approach of David Moyes.

I certainly believe he can and I would be very surprised to hear that the likes of Arteta,Cahill, Coleman, Baines and Rodwell dont believe in him considering they have all just signed new long term contracts.

Guest rusty747

I hope you are right - but not much sign of any confidence or belief on display from anyone last week - either in themselves or each other. Lets hope they prove me horribly wrong this weekend and twat Wolves 5-0.

If Nev is out I pray for Coleman to start. I don't mind Hibbo as much as some and think that last season he put in some cracking performances, however, this is a game against a lesser team and Coleman really should be tested in something like this.

completely agree mate. Though we may see Hibbo start and Coleman come on later if we are struggling for speed. I wouldnt mind Coleman on the RM to be honest.

I suggested that as an option a while back (following the Gareth Bale example) and got slapped down :( .

not the 1st time ive said it either Mike. Clear as day to me, we need someone on the RM whos fast and can cross the ball. We have that, just on paper hes a RB...

Got to see Coleman on the starting sheet for this one, especially as Neville is a doubt. Moyes needs to give the kid his shot, he's more than proved himself and his desire. Heitinga also has to start. Saha needs to be benched, he's lost his crown in my eyes. I hope Moyes brings the match to Wolves from the get go and plays something like this.

Howard

Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines

Fellaini

Bily Arteta Pienaar

Yakubu

not the 1st time ive said it either Mike. Clear as day to me, we need someone on the RM whos fast and can cross the ball. We have that, just on paper hes a RB...

Me too the lad could quite easily become a very good Winger and most of the Blackpool lot at work think that's where he would be better suited from his stint there.

--------------Howard

Hibbert----Jags----Johnny----Baines

-------------Fellaini

Coleman-------Arteta--------Pienaar

--------------------Bily

------------Saha

Or something similar I just hope Moyes start's playing Bily where he should be played.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm guessing Moyes will go for :

...........HOWARD............

HIBBO....JAGS....DISTIN....BAINES

OSMAN....ARTETA...FELLI....PIENAAR

.........CAHILL..................

................SAHA............

I'd much rather see Coleman start at RB, and give Bily a run out in attacking midfield instead of Cahill, we need more possession football rather than the hoof ball we tried ( and failed) to use at Ewood. I'd also like to see Gueye have a run out on the left wing and move Peanuts over to the right.

Whatever team runs out, we have got to win this.

I can't understand it either.

He barely played Hibbert at right back during preseason, it was almost like he was just playing him all over the place to work him into a backup position and just to get him match fit while Coleman played all the time.

This is the ideal game to play Coleman, playing home to a weaker side than us where we will be on the front foot for most the game, they have decent players but he should be able to cope with them defensively and with an experienced defence and Jonny there as well he'd get on fine.

Then again Moyes isn't a risk taker and he obviously sees it as a risk.

Hope Beckford gets on well today after Saha's poor performance last week