IGNORED

Lescott

My brother just given me a bell to tell me that apparently Lescott may not make city's 25 man squad. His old room mate now works for City in some context and text him about it this lunchtime.

Don't know how accurate this is but he's had a few things city related bang on so far this summer so there could be something in it.

And there was me thinking you were starting to accept him Mark! He was one of our more consistant (albeit average) players last season.

Being a relatively good player in comparison to others doesn't make him a good player in the wider scheme of things. He's OK but he's not good enough to be a starter for us; our defence looks very shaky with him in it.

Being a relatively good player in comparison to others doesn't make him a good player in the wider scheme of things. He's OK but he's not good enough to be a starter for us; our defence looks very shaky with him in it.

fair point. Still think he deserves a bit more credit. He was in the defence for most of the season including the crap start but also the good finishing run. That being said, Im still hoping he is pushed to the bench as Jags/Johnny is more appealing. Aaaah, players to choose from!

does it mean he is named in the 25 man squad now or is the deadline not passed for that yet?

I wouldn't think the twenty-five has to be finalised until after the window's shut, though presumably all that have played up until then have to be included. The Europa squads can be different I think.

yeah but he aint put much into it..he's dog shit..what has johnson done to get 3?

Nothing that good, nothing that bad, hence an average 3. Glenn Johnson would be a very important player for us, there aren't many better attacking right-backs around - I hope Coleman can be as threatening attack-wise.

for a defensive full back hibbert for an attacking full back johnson..if anyone says johnson is a better defender than hibbert they are dillusional in my opinion..hibbert's biggest downfall is his lack of any attacking talent which he seems to have been working on..if he wasn't good defensively he wouldn't have survived at this level..best tackler at the club for me

for a defensive full back hibbert for an attacking full back johnson..if anyone says johnson is a better defender than hibbert they are dillusional in my opinion..hibbert's biggest downfall is his lack of any attacking talent which he seems to have been working on..if he wasn't good defensively he wouldn't have survived at this level..best tackler at the club for me

No doubting hibberts quality defensively, but hand on heart who do you think would be the better player for us?