Sign in to follow this  

My brother just given me a bell to tell me that apparently Lescott may not make city's 25 man squad. His old room mate now works for City in some context and text him about it this lunchtime.

Don't know how accurate this is but he's had a few things city related bang on so far this summer so there could be something in it.

I'd have Tony Hibbert in place of Distin!

And there was me thinking you were starting to accept him Mark! He was one of our more consistant (albeit average) players last season.

And there was me thinking you were starting to accept him Mark! He was one of our more consistant (albeit average) players last season.

Being a relatively good player in comparison to others doesn't make him a good player in the wider scheme of things. He's OK but he's not good enough to be a starter for us; our defence looks very shaky with him in it.

Being a relatively good player in comparison to others doesn't make him a good player in the wider scheme of things. He's OK but he's not good enough to be a starter for us; our defence looks very shaky with him in it.

fair point. Still think he deserves a bit more credit. He was in the defence for most of the season including the crap start but also the good finishing run. That being said, Im still hoping he is pushed to the bench as Jags/Johnny is more appealing. Aaaah, players to choose from!

Yep at left back!!! From 1st choice cb at us to 3rd choice left back at citeh!!! :lol:

Funny isn't it. Unfortunatly Koralov's injury has given Lescott time. I fully believe that if it wasn't for the injuries to both Koralov and Bridge that he'd have been out on his arse.

does it mean he is named in the 25 man squad now or is the deadline not passed for that yet?

I wouldn't think the twenty-five has to be finalised until after the window's shut, though presumably all that have played up until then have to be included. The Europa squads can be different I think.

insult to beckham that he only got 4 stars when carrick and johnson get 3..2 complete bags of shite

4 stars for his success at Real - to be fair Carrick's won more at Man.Utd than Beckham did at Madrid (I would think).

yeah but he aint put much into it..he's dog shit..what has johnson done to get 3?

Nothing that good, nothing that bad, hence an average 3. Glenn Johnson would be a very important player for us, there aren't many better attacking right-backs around - I hope Coleman can be as threatening attack-wise.

for a defensive full back hibbert for an attacking full back johnson..if anyone says johnson is a better defender than hibbert they are dillusional in my opinion..hibbert's biggest downfall is his lack of any attacking talent which he seems to have been working on..if he wasn't good defensively he wouldn't have survived at this level..best tackler at the club for me

for a defensive full back hibbert for an attacking full back johnson..if anyone says johnson is a better defender than hibbert they are dillusional in my opinion..hibbert's biggest downfall is his lack of any attacking talent which he seems to have been working on..if he wasn't good defensively he wouldn't have survived at this level..best tackler at the club for me

No doubting hibberts quality defensively, but hand on heart who do you think would be the better player for us?

I work in Manchester and it gives me great delight to hear them all saying how shite Lescott is. The thing is though he is an extremely good player but a greedy bastard. I hope City only loan him out to Walsall for the rest of his contract. He will probably be happy picking up his wedge.

I work in Manchester and it gives me great delight to hear them all saying how shite Lescott is. The thing is though he is an extremely good player but a greedy bastard. I hope City only loan him out to Walsall for the rest of his contract. He will probably be happy picking up his wedge.

That would be funny. I go down to see Walsall play whenever Everton are not playing so i'd tear him a new one. He's be playing with his brother Aaron as well.... stranger things have happened...hmmm maybe not.

Surely as he played against Liverpool he'll have to be included in the twenty-five won't he?

The injuries to Bridge and Koralov at the left back spot pretty much guarenteed him to be included. He'd have found it very hard to be included if these injuries had not happened.

the 25 has to be registered and can be changed up until the end of august i think..them two will be in the 25 unless they plan to wait til january to play them so i wouldn't be too sure about lescott

They'll all be in the 25. Because both their current left backs are injured they'll need to make sure they have cover until they return which most likely means J.Lo will be safe. Until Christmas anyway. City fan's can't stand him, once the fans have lost faith I can't see managment sticking with him much longer.

don't they have any young left backs? i mean with the stretched squad as it is they need the spaces and can't really afford to give one to someone who might only play for a month..although i guess it is cover in two positions..bugger that's really disappointed me now :(

don't they have any young left backs? i mean with the stretched squad as it is they need the spaces and can't really afford to give one to someone who might only play for a month..although i guess it is cover in two positions..bugger that's really disappointed me now :(

They don't have to register the young players though, and if they're going to challenge for success then they'll need experience as cover not just youth.

It's a matter of when not if Lescott will leave City though. That seems fairly obvious.

What the hell was Jo doing on the pitch against Liverpool? :o Not being funny but with all the 'talent' at Manchester City now they woulden't want him. Surely it was just shop window stuff?

What the hell was Jo doing on the pitch against Liverpool? :o Not being funny but with all the 'talent' at Manchester City now they woulden't want him. Surely it was just shop window stuff?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1306180/Roberto-Mancini-vows-Brazilian-misfit-Jo-shot-Manchester-City.html

I know its the mail but its not the 1st time ive seen this!

I think he will do the same as he did with us. He'll bag a few goals and then do nothing at all and leave in January to a team abroad. It surprised me to see that little stats box, we've taken the lead 24 times and only lost 1 game?

Also Shay Given pisses me off a bit, he said that Hart should be happy with being a 2nd keeper and as soon as it's the other way around he wants to leave. I'm a fan of him but he seems to be getting in a litte paddy over Hart taking his place when Hart arguably the better.

Loved this news flash in a swedish newspaper:

Lescott klar för ligajumbon

Joleon, Joleon, Joleon, Joleon!!!! (Tänk Dolly Parton här)

Joleon Lescott, 86 år, är klar för ligajumbon Sunderland. Lescotts senaste match var för AEK Athen för 114 dagar sedan.

Translates as:

Lescott signed for last place team
Joleon, Joleon, Joleon, Joleon!!!! (Think Dolly Parton here)

Joleon Lescott, 86 years of age, has signed for last place Sunderland. Lescotts last match was for AEK Athens 114 days ago.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He fails to mention his complete tools down showing against arsenal which was the reason most fans turned.  

Makes you also appreciate the professionalism of Gana for not getting his move and staying dedicated to the team cause.