• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard

Coleman Jags Heitinga Baines

Fellaini

Bily Arteta Rodwell Pienaar

Saha

2-1 Rodwell, Bily

Wouldnt disagree. Id be tempted to play Becks or Gueye instead of Saha/Billy but Id be happy enough if this line-up started as long as Moyes is prepared to change things before its too late if we arent getting it right!

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

:afro:

Billy Arteta Cahill Peinaar

Saha

I think that's how we'll line up.

I would personally swap Beckford and Gueye for Saha and Cahill, having Gueye on the wing and Billy in the middle. I'd think about trying to bring on Heitinga, Coleman (in right-mid) and Saha, depending on how things are going.

I must say though, it's pretty hard to pick a team - even with that line up, there's still Rodders, Hibbo, Ossie and Yak on the bench.

Edited by wallwriter

The question is how bad are they without O'Neill and Milner. It dosen't seem like a lot but without them they lost 6-0 to Newcastle who arn't a good side at all. IMO we could get a result here we just have to take the game by the scruff of the neck and show them what kind of team we are.

Surely Moyes has got to realise after Wednesday the difference pace made in the form of Coleman, Gueye, Beckford and Rodwell. If he reverts back to Cahill, Hibbert, Neville and Saha AND we don't win, he's gonna come in for some serious stick and rightly so. But we know he's a man who sticks by his convictions and has faith in his senior players, i hope the repay him Sunday coz we've got some younger lads in the squad now who really look up for booting the old guard out of the picture.

Team I'd go with:

Howard

Coleman Heits Jags Baines

Fellaini

Bily Arteta Rodwell Pienaar

Beckford

Saha to come on for Beckford if he's not looking sharp or as a second striker if we're losing, Osman/Cahill to come on for Bily with Rodwell switching to the right, Gueye for Pienaar if he looks like he can't be arsed again.

Villa out of Europe, a manager who's probable going to be managing his last game in charge, rumours about Ashley Young maybe moving on - a team in disarray one may say, and certainly lacking in confidence at the moment. Could this be the best time for us to play them?

Was just going to post virtually the same thing.

Tough time to be a Villa fan....I'm so sad for them :mellow::):D:lol: .

With them out of Europe they are going to be fatigued and demoralised. I can see us getting something for this as we don't have any background problems. Ashley Young undecided about staying is obviously going to do a lot more damage to their season prospects. Mid-table finish methinks?

Petrov quoted on the Beeb:

We had enough chances to win the tie and it's just unacceptable. We worked so hard last season to get into Europe and we blew it today. We need to improve all over the park, we're not doing things right. Everyone who takes a penalty needs to score and I missed one. It's be nice to know who's going to be manager of the club."

Sounds to me as though there's a bit of unrest in the dressing room and a few heads are elsewhere at the moment.

Aston Villa forward Gabby Agbonlahor is an injury doubt after being substituted with a tight calf in Thursday's Europa League defeat by Rapid Vienna.

Good stuff because he's always there abouts getting the goals. As for Petrov it's good that there is un-rest in the Villa camp. I don't dislike the team I just want us to bag three points against them and if they continue to show this negative attitude then things will swing in our favour.

I'm sure the fans are going to be as dissapointed as the players too, being knocked out to a team like Rapid Vienna is not something you shout from the rooftops.

------------ Howard -------------

Hibbo -- Jags -- Distin -- Baines

Bily -- Arteta -- Fellaini -- Pienaar

--------------- Cahill ---------------

------------- Beckford -------------

Subs: Mucha, Rodwell, Saha, Coleman, Osman, Heitinga, Gueye

My guess :)

After what Moyes said about Coleman today I can't see him starting. Hopefully whoever plays RB won't make a defensive error or they'll be getting it in the ear :P.

Cap'n Phil is out, so is he going to play Hibbert? I don't have a problem with the guy, but, you gotta think Coleman has earned his chance by now! We'll probably see Hibbo paired with Bily again - to no avail - and we'll wonder what went wrong.

Hopefully we can see Rodders play 60 or more and not sub our tenacity (Becks) out for our...our Saha. Granted, if he can get some more of those first touch goals going, I will certainly take him - but put him in for the most likely starting Cahill.

Like others have said Villians are vulnerable right now and we need to attack that. 1 point after two is unacceptable - time for a different approach against a hurt animal. Do the right thing Moyesy!

Villa will have given everything mid-week, they will be down from that defeat, losing 6-0 last week and still missing O'Neil.

I would have liked an up for it Anichebe rubbing salt in their wounds, but alas, he's not fit.

Spurs losing at home to Wigan show this could be another season where anything is possible.

I can see goals....I just don't see 3 points against a Villa team at home playing for pride......2-1 Villa.

One point from three winable games would be a disaster.

So lets hope I'm wrong. :unsure: