IGNORED

Aston Villa (Away)

dark

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to say out loud, but it seems same old Everton :( . We "look" good, but there aint any threat for enemies. And when enemies attack, you just bite youre fingernails and hope it aint going in again... 4-5-1 doesnt seem to work anymore, cause Cahill is so well marked man and cant score enought to grab us victories. Well, if it same old EFC, we usually play good one half of the game, so today it would be the second half. COYB

Well that was a depressing 1st half, but not entirely suprising.

The good news is that we have had lots of the ball and that the Pienaar/Baines combo has worked well. Despite a slow start Felli has got better as the game has progressed and I much prefer him to be constantly sitting instead of swapping with Arteta too much.

The bad news is that we have probably only had one notable shot, only Baines has been able to get in behind, Cahill and Beckford have been useless. Arteta seems incredibly happy to pass sideways and run sideways instead of breaking forward when he gets the opportunity, Hibbert has got forward but fucked up 70% of the passes he has attempted. Rodwell has been completely anonymous on the right, which isnt his fault and I really dont know what Moyes is thinking.

Because of the position we are now in, I dont know how we should change it. Rodwell shouldnt be playing on the right, so he has to move inside and doesnt deserve to be taken off, but neither Arteta or Cahill will be taken off so thats a no go. I dont think Beckford will be taken off, so Saha wont come on. Therefore I dont see us making a change, unless Moyes wants to make 2 or 3. Personally Id take Cahill off, move rodwell inside and chuck on Gueye/Billy to play on the right and probably take Hibbo off for Coleman as we need at least one goal!

Need to wait for the eightieth minute for those :mellow: .

I would laugh if I thought you were joking!

Pienaar just did really well tracking back to the byline to put in a challenge!

Beckford's use of the ball isnt great IMO which it has to be if we are going to attempt to play 451. Saying that Arteta seems to be simply refusing to pass the ball forward, so when Beckford manages to get away from his defender he isnt even receiving the pass.

Looks like Saha is coming on, not sure who for though... Should be interesting!