Sign in to follow this  
Jay

The lescott thread

Ola    0
By SWT i think you SWP? anyway Portsmouth have apparently tried to loan him in now aswell, not sure if hed go there we probably have more of chance tbh

:D good news lescott signing now see iff we can get a couple of wingers to add to are squad ;)

Just hope that we can get Yobo to sign a new deal and then I will be happy.

Could do with a few 'squad' players

Howard

Hibbo, Yobo, Lescott, Valente

Osmam, Cahill, Arteta, Mcfadden

Beattie, AJ

Subs, Turner, Stubbs, Neville, Kilbane, Vaughan

Left side midfield could do with someone and use McFadden as back up then doesn't look to bad I don't think

Is the last player in this summer, will you be happy? i reckon as long as we keep Cahill & Arteta, we should be ok, look quite strong actually.. I'd like us to bring in another midfielder though, and maybe another defender.

Just hope that we can get Yobo to sign a new deal and then I will be happy.

Could do with a few 'squad' players

Howard

Hibbo, Yobo, Lescott, Valente

Osmam, Cahill, Arteta, Mcfadden

Beattie, AJ

Subs, Turner, Stubbs, Neville, Kilbane, Vaughan

Left side midfield could do with someone and use McFadden as back up then doesn't look to bad I don't think

Would just make one change to that team. Mcfadd to the bench, Arteta wide left, and Neville in mid with Cahill.

..............Osman.......Cahill......Neville..........Arteta.

This could have gone on any one of the 6 lescott threads that are already on the go.

Can members please have a look around before Duplicating, and having multiple threads about the same subject.

Ian    3

i would leave neville on the bench, play mcfadden juts behind the front two, this mite leave the defence more vunerable but if we score more then the oppisition then we win :D

I think lescott and yobo will be a great partnersihp, both young, powerful, strong quick, two good full backs, not too shabby :D

...................Howard

Hibbo, ...Yobo, .Lescott, ..Valente

Osmam, .......Cahill, .........Arteta,

..................Mcfadden.................

............Beattie, ...........AJ...........

No, you have to have Neville for the defensive part of his game, that allows Cahill to play his normal attacking game, coming in behind the strikers.

No, you have to have Neville for the defensive part of his game, that allows Cahill to play his normal attacking game, coming in behind the strikers.

Agreed, we all seen last season that Cahill loses his effectiveness for us when he is expected to stay back alot to help the defence out. His worth for us is going forward and putting defenders under pressure and leaving space for our strikers.

-------howard---------

hibbo--yobo--lescott--valente

---------nevile--------------

osman--cahill----arteta

--------Bt---AJ---------

This could have gone on any one of the 6 lescott threads that are already on the go.

Can members please have a look around before Duplicating, and having multiple threads about the same subject.

Ermm i think you should relax a little, don't take it so seriously, if threads are too similar people won't reply, this is about Lescott, but also about peoples opinions on the current squad, and possibly any future transfers, so its hardly a clone thread.. like i say take it easy. :rolleyes:

Ian    3

29448[/snapback]

i wouldnt have neville playin, i dont think he can play the holding role well, although i can see your point about cahill going forward i dont see why it would affect his game that much, no matter where midfielders play the always have to track back, the role he played for australia, he was back defending (not very well i mite add, defo penatly :lol: ) i would go for the attackin opition, at least at home, away from hom then I can see the benefit of the holding player, but at home i would like us going for it.

Guest fozzie22   
Guest fozzie22
Ermm i think you should relax a little, don't take it so seriously, if threads are too similar people won't reply, this is about Lescott, but also about peoples opinions on the current squad, and possibly any future transfers, so its hardly a clone thread.. like i say take it easy. :rolleyes:

29461[/snapback]

hard to relax when theres about 90 different threads on the go about the same thing mate.

Thread merged ;)

Would just make one change to that team. Mcfadd to the bench, Arteta wide left, and Neville in mid with Cahill.

..............Osman.......Cahill......Neville..........Arteta.

This post has been edited by toffeelicker: Today, 03:31 PM

the only problem with this is arteta should be playing in the middle so he can grab hold of the ball, putting him out wide restricts his gane abit in my opinion

29411[/snapback]

Which thread you on about TL as they seem to have been merged??? are you on about the one I started saying that he had signed???

If so sorry but thought that we would have a thread to say that someone has signed.

Thought we would/should maybe have 2 threads for a player. 1 when rumours started and one when they signed.

How are threads merged. Which ever Mod knows how to do it if they want to PM me then can know if other threads needs to be merged.

craccer said..........."areteta central for definate for me, we need a left mid tho"

So who do you leave out...Neville or Cahill..?? makes it difficult cos Neville might even be captain yet.

Another scenario would be to play 5 across the middle, Drop Beattie and revert to 4-5-1. :o

NO Adam.......... it was the one Moyski started after yours, he said its different, but it still had lescotts name on it............ think Ian or Foz have merged them all. :)

i know DM wont play it but what about

howard

lescott yobo stubbs

neville

ossie arteta cahill ?????

BT AJ

i know that is to attacking for DM but always an option

Guest fozzie22   
Guest fozzie22
NO Adam.......... it was the one Moyski started after yours, he said its different,  but it still had lescotts name on it............ think Ian or Foz have merged them all.  :)

29579[/snapback]

Guilty as charged...just doing a bit of spring cleaning to be honest. ;)

Any one got any Lescott chants? Heres 1:

He came from Wolves with a dodgey knee,

He came to take out Stevie G,

Solid, pacey hes our man,

So come on Yobo, give him a hand!

NO Adam.......... it was the one Moyski started after yours, he said its different,  but it still had lescotts name on it............ think Ian or Foz have merged them all.  :)

29579[/snapback]

This place will end up like Kipper, people won't bother to post anything, its just not a good example to guests, when people such as yourself jump on peoples backs just for posting. Ah well thats my point of view on it anyhow.

no know u see thats debate rather then jumpin on your back i think

hell no this place will never end up like kipper we are more civilised on here

and i'm saying this after a few drinks (as of the 12.45 post lol)