IGNORED

What's happened to Vaughan?

Neil

Guest fozzie22
Yeah I thought they said somethign about 6 weeks.

To be honest can't see him in the first team for a while even once he is fit. With Ferg, Bent, Beattie, Mcfadden and even VDM fit think he will struggle to get back into the team at the moment.

Yes they are prolific strikers arent they? :)

according to the pretty accurate Physioroom site Ferrari, Valente, Naysmith and Vaughn will all be fit as of this weekend.

They generally give the date of the next game when a player is going to be fit.

For Vaughn I'd imagine he'll therefor start full training at the end of this week and probably won't be considered for a place in the squad for at least 3 or 4 weeks when he's fully fit and has played a few reserve games.

The injury's a big blow for him with moyes suggesting Vaughn would may start getting some games just days before he got himself injured! now he's back to where he was at the start of the season really having to give some good reserve performances to get himself on the bench.

Guest fozzie22
when vaughn is "uninjured" im sure they'll take his rehab REALLY SLOW! he is still growing, and an injury like that can end a career if not looked after properly, so im sure Baz will be wrapping him in cotton wool for a while yet

thats illegal isnt it? :D

he's had part of a knee cartilidge removed, which is bad. but he's youngster so he should recover ok, which is good.

lets wish him the best of luck and hope he gets his chance soon.

It will never be the same though - cartlidge doenst 're-develop' - that is why it has to be operated on. Not good really - especially as we could do with an injection of pace up front, now that Arteta and VDM are supplying good quality ball to the box.

As Fozzie said Bent, BT, Dunc are hardly world beaters and I think that a little initiative and intelligence will see Vaughan in the first team sooner than perhaps expected.

It will be nice to see - another youngster coming through the ranks with the backing of the manager.

Man City are doing very well with their academy at the moment, SWP, BWP, Ireland etc.etc.

Maybe we should follow suit?

Guest fozzie22
It will never be the same though - cartlidge doenst 're-develop' - that is why it has to be operated on. Not good really - especially as we could do with an injection of pace up front, now that Arteta and VDM are supplying good quality ball to the box.

As Fozzie said Bent, BT, Dunc are hardly world beaters and I think that a little initiative and intelligence will see Vaughan in the first team sooner than perhaps expected.

It will be nice to see - another youngster coming through the ranks with the backing of the manager.

Man City are doing very well with their academy at the moment, SWP, BWP, Ireland etc.etc.

Maybe we should follow suit?

I would agree with the accademy but as ever with Everton where would the cash come from to set up a proper place?

Although if BT is up for it we could use him down the docks on a friday night :lol:

I would agree with the accademy but as ever with Everton where would the cash come from to set up a proper place?

Although if BT is up for it we could use him down the docks on a friday night :lol:

well hopefully. the tight arse board will recognise that the most money comes from the academy - if we develop a superstar (i.e. Rooney) - then we can sell him and make good cash.

Okay - thats a bad way of looking at it, but its a way that the likes of Greigg will be looking at it and the others that are sitting on the consortium, wanting to see cash for their investment!

ANd for the fans - well, we get to see the next superstar. OR we get to see the next Michael Ball etc.etc. Its good to see.

So, I dont think that it will be long before the board pumps money towards the academy facilities. - Its short term investment for long term gain - surely any business man can see that its a good egg!

• 6 years later...

Of Course Vaughan will score goals at Celtic next season, there's no fucking opposition!

They are 1/50 on to win the SPL next season, with Rangers gone, it'll be open season on every other team up there. Even Bertie Auld and Bobby Lennox could get a game next season and still get into double figures such will be the caliber of opposition now, could well be the most boring league season ever and anywhere. Vaughan may have fun for a while, but could soon get bored. I feel sorry for them up there.

Good Day.

Vaughan had a lot of potential, but those glass knees have kept him from going anywhere with his career. If you all remember, Vaughan was heavily linked with a loan move to Celtic for the last six months he was with us, but I believe we played him in the derby, and was ineligible to go anywhere else other than Palace, where he'd been on loan earlier that season, so we loaned him back to Crystal Palace.