IGNORED

Man Utd (H)

Matt

so noone is brave enough to start thinking of the slaughter we face on Saturday? Lets look at the facts, 1 point from a shouldve been 9 against a team who've taken 7 from 9. That being said, Utd were very sloppy against Fulham who fully deserved their point and made life very uncomfortable for them. We are usually quite good at that, so might not be as bad as im thinking.

im going for a 2-2 draw, a pen for us and a Skippy header to take us to a mighty 2 points in the league, and thats me being optimistic. Unless of course we play like we can, in which case we might edge it 3-2....

Edited by galacticaracnid

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moyes sends them out to play defensive and nick a goal we'll get battered because we don't look anywhere near good enough to not concede.

If he sends them out to attack and be positive then we'll at least get a point out of it. United are a side that are there for the taking if you go at them.

With our start to the season I think it'll be the former, so 2-0 to them :(.

Hopefully it'll be a repeat of that then. I'm just fearful of winding up truly quality players. It's alright doing it to the likes of Barmby because there's a lot less chance of someone like him coming back to bite you on the arse.

this was when he got wound up against newcastle..beginning of clip he is arguing with ref and then seconds later...

i'm with romey i'd rather not give him summat to shove back down our throats

Not sure what to think of this... On one hand I fancy us to get a spanking because we have looked 'susceptible' at times, especially to counter attacks but on the other hand if the boys are up for it and the crowd are rocking we could just as easily turn them over, especially if we bring our shooting boots.

Moyes has to pick a balanced team this time. He has to keep it simple. We dont need Felli and Arteta switching places, or Cahill playing deeper, or trying to play the ball long from the back. Get the players in their best position and let them play. Our CB's have to be Jags & Heits. United dont have anyone of considerable strength or height up front but they have players with good movement which is where both CB's mentioned excel. If Neville is back I would start him with Baines. Felli should sit as the DM and if he gets a good opportunity to get forward then fine but none of this rotation bollocks. He picks the ball up well from defence and creates space, leave Arteta to drift higher up the pitch and be more creative. For me it would be Billy on the right and Pienaar on the left with Yakubu up front if Saha isnt fit preferably with Rodwell around him if he is also fit.

It was nice to see us pass the ball out from the back against Villa and that should continue, I dont think it was a coincidence that he played better in the 20/30mins he had against Villa than he has done for the other 2 games. In fact the same can be said for any striker we have. Its not always possible to pass it like Barca but we should at least get the ball down and play to our strengths.

Mini essay over :blink:

Couldnt care now :( im not going...! Work are c-units!!!

In all honesty, it will be a hard fought 1-0. They will start off stronger and we will look full of effort with no penetration. Then in the second half we'll have a 20min spell of possession and great passes and then fall behind to a dirty Berbatov goal. Only for the remainder of the second half to peeter out until an urgent rush in the last 9 minutes of 'FergyTime' still ends with a loss. <_<

Was as gutted as anyone with the Villa result but if two of the many near misses we had drop and we are singing an entirely different tune. Dont think you could argue that Friedel made some top notch saves as well as his goal leading a pretty charmed life. Backing us to get it together this time 2-1.

Dose of realism never hurt. That's no reason not to do it.

If it works it'll be a stroke of genius....but I rather hoped we were past those days :unsure: .

not sure beckford has done all that much wrong myself...we aren't playing to his style so it's gonna take him time to get into the play and benching him and playing 2 midfielders up front isn't gonna help him..we do need to win the games granted but i'd fancy beckfords pace against vidic/evans/ferdinand if we played to his strengths..if felli goes anywhere near the front welcome back to duncan ferguson days of hoof

Why oh why oh why?

I wouldn't be too concerned that article has no substance at all. It's about as conclusive as me saying that Hibbert will be playing up front in a 4-3-3 with Mucha and Neville alongside him.

I've been to see us against Man Utd twice, all be it both times at Wembley and not seen us lose. I'm going this weekend and we won't lose either!

2-1 win as we kick start our season.

I know things are going so well, but can we please stop playing fucking mixy-matchy with the squad. It clearly isn't helping.

That would just about sum Moyes' start to the season if he chose to go with that... I dont think he will and I hope Yakubu at least gets a run out.

Does anyone know if Neville and Vic are going to be back for this game?