IGNORED

Man Utd (H)

Matt

That would just about sum Moyes' start to the season if he chose to go with that... I dont think he will and I hope Yakubu at least gets a run out.

Does anyone know if Neville and Vic are going to be back for this game?

Word is the Cap'n is fit, but not sure if he'll be starting. I'd imagine if he's fit he's a go for the starting xi. I believe Vic is training but I think the only truly fit option we have up front is Becks. Which probably means he'll be starting up top in our classic 4411. Really think he needs a partner up top and we just don't have someone fit to pair him up with. Or atleast it appears that way.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. If we're not going to play a recognized striker it would be better to play Rodwell up front. We don't need two players up top who can only score with their heads. If we're not playing a striker then something like this could do quite well.

Howard

Neville Jags Distin Baines

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Pienaar

Rodwell

Cahill

Mucha, Beckford, Gueye, Heitinga, Bily, Osman, Hibbert

With Rodwell just off Cahill and Beckford ready to come on at the half if things aren't clicking. No reason to force Fellaini up top when it is clear his best position is holding mid. And Rodwell can shoot!

Would still prefer to see Becks get the nod as he scored against them in the FA and may be keen to prove it wasn't a fluke!

No way. If we're not going to play a recognized striker it would be better to play Rodwell up front. We don't need two players up top who can only score with their heads. If we're not playing a striker then something like this could do quite well.

Howard

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Pienaar

Rodwell

Cahill

With Rodwell just off Cahill and Beckford ready to come on at the half if things aren't clicking. No reason to force Fellaini up top when it is clear his best position is holding mid. And Rodwell can shoot!

Would still prefer to see Becks get the nod as he scored against them in the FA and may be keen to prove it wasn't a fluke!

it was a fluke, he only scored because he mis-controlled it

exactly why you're not a footy manager eh ;) not play their best player? are you mental?!

Certified in fact yes....but I digress....

All the shit thats happened this week with him & the pro's, wife about to hang him out to dry, 10 mth old baby boy who's gonna despise the thick cunt when he grows up....bound to be burning the thick twats head out!

He's had a nice little bit of refuge over in Swiss Land but where is the last place he wants to be playing when back in club colours (even before this shit!)?

His head is goin to be fucked & hopefully Coll gives him both barrels so if he does start hes still crying when he trots out! (end of rant)

I think we are in trouble, Bily hasnt got the fight for a game like this so Osman (for his work rate) will play out of position again, the only fit striker is Beckford therefore he will play.

I Cant see us getting a goal from anywhere, so its backs to the wall and a 0-0 is the best we can hope for.

Howard

Neville - Jagielka - Distin - Baines.

Heitinga

Osman - Fellaini - Arteta - Pienaar.

Beckford

Subs, not a bad bench. Mucha, Cahill, Gueye, Coleman, Bily, Hibbert, Yakubu.

Howard

Fellaini

Coleman Arteta Pienaar

Rodwell

Cahill

I will bet my house, Rodwell DOESNT play....coupled by the fact he's out injured for 3months, i think im quids in!

Even before Rodwell got injured this was never going to happen. By playing Fellaini uptop with Cahill it would enable Moyes to get Heitinga back in the team. Moyes isn't good with having competition for places (IMO), he'll play players stupidly out of position to get them in the team. If he goes to this sort of extreme against United on Saturday I'll be very angry though.

Even before Rodwell got injured this was never going to happen. By playing Fellaini uptop with Cahill it would enable Moyes to get Heitinga back in the team. Moyes isn't good with having competition for places (IMO), he'll play players stupidly out of position to get them in the team. If he goes to this sort of extreme against United on Saturday I'll be very angry though.

to be fair Mark, its the 1st time in 8 years hes really had this challenge! I would like Jags and Johnny at the back because we need pace, Distin vs Hernandez is terrifying. i like Distin but hes got no chance there. However, dont see him being dropped. Anyway, if Johnny does go to defence, Felli will go back to DCM i think.

what i would like to see:

-----------Howard-------------

Hibbo---Jags----Johnny---Baines

-----------Felli---------------

Coleman----Arteta------Pienaar

-----------Cahill--------------

----------Beckford-------------

Ok, before you all try tear me a new one. Nevs just coming back and wont be match fit. Coleman because he attacks people and Beckford because, well hes done it before and theres noone else.

what i expect to see:

Hibbo---Jags----Distin---Baines

-----------Johnny---------------

Bily-------Arteta------Pienaar

------------Felli--------------

Edited by galacticaracnid

When we had Jags, Lescott and Yobo he got them all into the side by playing Lescott at LB and leaving Baines on the bench. He doesn't seem to have the balls for big decisions IMO.

In fairness I dont think anyone could pick out our current strongest 11. It will be trial and error for awhile, while Moyes tinkers to see which set up offers the best balance.

------------Felli--------------

Otherway I would have thought Spidey:

--------Felli------------------

----------------Cahill----------

Edited by tenaciousj

Otherway I would have thought Spidey:

--------Felli------------------

----------------Cahill----------

could be mate, but Skippy isnt that good with scoring with his feet which is why id put it that way. Id rather have Felli there though, and this is more likely, they will rotate and confuse each other....

This is the team i'd go for

------------ Howard ---------------

Neville -- Jags -- Distin -- Baines

--------Felli -- Heitinga --------

- Coleman --- Arteta --- Pienaar -

----------- Beckford -------------

Not going to happen in a million years but that'd be my squad.

Edited by jamiemaher85

I think I'd have gone with something like that!

Funny part is that lineup is a very reasonable request. Nothing completely crazy or anything we haven't seen at one point or another. Really like this xi - think it gives us are best shot with those that are fit.

Coleman will not be starting any important league games unitl he gets better defensively. It may well be a ploy to use him late in games on the right in an advanced position. Saturday, will see a cautious approach from Moyes ending in a stalemate or a 1-0 reverse. :(

On the other, large hand, he will throw caution to the wind, play attacking football from the off and reap the dividends with a 3-1 victory. :D

I think I shall side with the latter. ;)

Coleman will not be starting any important league games until he gets better defensively Moyes sacks up and takes a risk.

It may well be a ploy to use him late in games on the right in an advanced position. Saturday, will see a cautious approach from Moyes ending in a stalemate or a 1-0 reverse. :(

On the other, large hand, he will throw caution to the wind, play attacking football from the off and reap the dividends with a 3-1 victory. :D

I think I shall side with the latter. ;) [/Quote]

You were almost right Beard.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

Seamus Coleman looks to have joined twitter now and he posted this morning thathe was training at Finch Farm and everyone should be ready for a surprise at the weekend. Could that be a hint he's starting? Maybe.

Do you really believe that its Coleman ?, i thought DM never names the team until a couple of hours before the game, so he could be in trouble if it is him.

Do you really believe that its Coleman ?, i thought DM never names the team until a couple of hours before the game, so he could be in trouble if it is him.

I was unsure at first but I think it might be. A few people within Everton who are on twitter have been recommending him which makes me believe there could be something in it.