IGNORED

Brentford (Away)

MikeO

My lad asked me yesterday if I'd take a poor season in the league in exchange for the Carling Cup.

Don't know....still thinking about it....and how poor is poor? Eighth would be poor but I'd probably take that and the CC, but not 17th.

Mucha, Coleman and Gueye started against Huddersfield and probably (hopefully) will again.

Mucha

Coleman

Heitinga

Jags

Baines

Pienaar

Osman

Fellaini

Gueye

Bily

Yak

4-4-1-1 (won't happen).

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My lad asked me yesterday if I'd take a poor season in the league in exchange for the Carling Cup.

Don't know....still thinking about it....and how poor is poor? Eighth would be poor but I'd probably take that and the CC, but not 17th.

Mucha, Coleman and Gueye started against Huddersfield and probably (hopefully) will again.

Mucha

Coleman

Heitinga

Jags

Baines

Pienaar

Osman

Fellaini

Gueye

Bily

Yak

4-4-1-1 (won't happen).

If we are to get any silverware this has to be the easiest comp to do it in, I'm happy with that team but with one change.

I would stick Arteta in somewhere, in place of Bily or Osman, Plus i think Neville will be eased back in somewhere, we need his leadership seeing as we haven't won a game without him.

I would stick Arteta in somewhere, in place of Bily or Osman.

The reason I left Mikel out was so that Ossie could play in the center and Bily could have a go in the free role behind the striker that people seem to think he'd good at.

Certainly have Arteta and hopefully TC and Vic on the bench.

I think DM will want to give Pip a start though.

Just passing on what I'd read, no idea if there's an ounce of truth in it. Him being on the bench yesterday shows he's in Moyes' thoughts though.

You could be right Mark, and it would be nice to see the lad play a competitive game, but i want to win this and go further in the Comp, so i would like to see a strong side playing.

Wont be around till the weekend, i'm going to Scotland for a week so i'm not sure i will have time to post the Oztips league Tomorrow.

Saves our embarrassment at getting such a poor score. ;)

Ross Barkley is rumoured to be starting this one.

He's in the squad...certainly would seem to be in DM's thoughts. He'll probably play left-wing :unsure: .

Howard, Mucha, Hibbert, Neville, Coleman, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Heitinga, Pienaar, Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Barkley, Fellaini, Gueye, Yakubu, Beckford, Osman, Cahill.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/20/neville-may-make-bees-return

Suggesting Neville will play.

I like the look of Barkely from what i've seen. I went to Crewe to see him play for England U19's and he had a touch of quality about him. I'd like to see him involved tonight but not sure starting him would be wise. My team would be

----------Mucha

Coleman Johnny Jags Baines

Bily Felli Neville Gueye

-------Yak Beckford

Looks alright apart from the two defensive midfielders. Do Brentford really require us playnig two defensive midfielders?

Looks alright apart from the two defensive midfielders. Do Brentford really require us playnig two defensive midfielders?

I think there is enough creativity there. You can also say "do we really need our best creative outlets to beat Brentford?" Brentford are a very physical team and i'd prefer to match them in the centre. They'd kick lumps out of Arteta and i'd prefer not to risk him there.

I think that Neville needs game time as we've missed his leadership on the pitch and Felli will just dominate that midfield. That'd be why id' play those two in the centre, but I can fully understand why some people would be slightly adverse to it

I think there is enough creativity there. You can also say "do we really need our best creative outlets to beat Brentford?" Brentford are a very physical team and i'd prefer to match them in the centre. They'd kick lumps out of Arteta and i'd prefer not to risk him there.

I think that Neville needs game time as we've missed his leadership on the pitch and Felli will just dominate that midfield. That'd be why id' play those two in the centre, but I can fully understand why some people would be slightly adverse to it

I wouldn't want Arteta there either. I'd play -

Mucha

Neville Heitinga Jags Baines

Coleman Bily Felli Gueye

Beckford Yakubu

Or alternatively -

Mucha

Coleman Osman Felli Gueye

Bily

Beckford/Yakubu

Mucha

Coleman Bily Felli Gueye

Beckford Yakubu

Or alternatively -

Mucha

Bily

Beckford/Yakubu

I had thought about the idea of Bily in the centre but I wasn't sure he'd be of any use in central position in a four man mid. I'd be relativly happy with your second suggestion though. I'd probably plump for Yak starting, get him game time. All well and good getting Becks confidence up by hopefully getting him a goal, but its still against poor opposition. If we play one up front I hope it's Yak.

Mucha

Coleman Bily Felli Gueye

Beckford Yakubu

Or alternatively -

Mucha

Bily

Beckford/Yakubu

I prefer the 2nd line-up and would be very happy if that started. Im not sure Billy would suit a traditional Cm spot, he doesnt have the work ethic and anticipation for it IMO. At least I wouldnt put him there yet, maybe in the future when he looks like he could deal with it better a bit like Arteta & Pienaar.

I think Osman should get a game in centre mid mainly to get his confidence back up and hopefully prove to Moyes he is purely a CM and not a winger.

I think Davey will go experimental (I hear he's got hold of something even more powerful than the stuff that inspired him to put Rodders on the right wing :unsure: )....

Bilyaletdinov

Yakubu...Osman...Gueye...Fellaini

Mucha...Distin...Coleman...Neville

Baines

Jagielka

Mucha is more effective on the left wing but other than that it looks pretty spot on.