IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

just an idea, instead of creating threads for 1 off topics that only get 1 or 2 reponses we could have a general thread copying the idea of the off-topic one. If the discussion becomes big enough, maybe mods can split it then. If admin dont like it, get rid of it, just thought i might help keep the place a bit tidier! :)

Anyway, reason i thought of it was just read that Utd have announced 80m loss:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11499023

seems the only reason they didnt announce a loss last year was because of the whining-little-gobshite sale, which other wise wouldve made 120m in 2 years! The Shite should be careful (or not depending on who you are) before considering another american investor!

This is one of the strangest sports I've ever heard of :mellow: .

"...combines gymnastic and dance elements performed to music on a cantering horse."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/equestrian/9077477.stm

A classic "Check date for April 1st" moment.

cant imagine it would be hard to get gold in that "competition", how many people take part?!

Are the vaults too high?!

Papua New Guinea runner tailed off at the back of the field in 3,000m steeplechase comes to the last water jump, stops, climbs onto the barrier with the help of a handily placed pot plant, jumps into the water and carries on. He was disqualified, presumably for using the plant-pot :( .

Some screenshots....

Capture10.jpg

Capture11.jpg

Capture12.jpg

Capture13.jpg

Capture14.jpg

Capture15.jpg

February 2006 he was allowed to move on a short term loan to Everton, rivals of his former club Liverpool, because of a goalkeeping crisis which saw Nigel Martyn, Richard Wright and Iain Turner all unavailable. Westerveld played only two games.

You must have been away on your holidays Matt. :P

On a similar theme, did Pat Jennings ever actually play for us (even reserves) ?

No didnt actually play but got to Wembley. :blink:

He was also briefly on Everton's books, having been signed as goalkeeping cover for the 1986 FA Cup Final against Liverpool, Neville Southall having been injured playing for Wales.

Bobby Mimms played, lost to the Shite after losing to United the year before.

3rd Cup Final on the trot 84-85-86.

No didnt actually play but got to Wembley. :blink:

He was also briefly on Everton's books, having been signed as goalkeeping cover for the 1986 FA Cup Final against Liverpool, Neville Southall having been injured playing for Wales.

Bobby Mimms played, lost to the Shite after losing to United the year before.

3rd Cup Final on the trot 84-85-86.

Thanks Bill, I wasn't sure if my memory was accurate on that one.