IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

I have never really been a big fan of Westwood, I think he is a bit of a big time bottler. He has had so many chances but when he needs to make a putt, he invariably misses.

I know, I just think his overall game deserves the one major win, bit like Monty did (though he never got one).

Maybe I'm just a bit soft.

Is right, I've been wondering why there's been no cricket posts. We tore them a new arsehole today. About time we clicked again. Broad took a brutal bouncer there, stuck right in his visor but even without him we ripped through there top order. Great to see. Hope Cook starts getting some runs now I like him as a captain.

I know, I just think his overall game deserves the one major win, bit like Monty did (though he never got one).

Maybe I'm just a bit soft.

I like westy, he doesn't walk round like he's owed a major. Monty just bottled it. Westwood can at least argue he's played more in the tiger era too.

Btw got my first eagle the other day, par 4 320 yards drove the green 7 foot past pin, holed the putt.

I keep seeing cricket stuff in here. Question: are you talking England national team or are their club teams you follow in England?

I'm only really interested in England. The "club" teams are actually counties, the top eighteen ("first class counties") being a closed shop while the rest compete in "minor counties". The whole emphasis of the sport though is on the national team; top players are centrally contracted by England and very rarely turn out for their counties. Used to follow the counties when my dad was alive because he liked it so it was something we did together.

An aside. Through all the years of football fan violence, particularly in the '80s/early '90s I never got into any bother at all, but coming out of a cricket ground in about 1990 (Chelmsford, home of Eseex) I got attacked by three blokes. Strange that.

Btw got my first eagle the other day, par 4 320 yards drove the green 7 foot past pin, holed the putt.

Congrats Haf! That was always beyond me; as I've said before I was a social golfer for many years but I could count the number of decent wood shots I hit on the fingers of one hand (without the need of my thumb), so they normally stayed in the bag. 320 yards way out of my range.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/frank-maloney-sex-change-telling-4030932

Wow. What a tough life he has lived with that. Top marks for bravery. Sad story.

The hell HE was going through? What about the hell SHE is going through? While I appreciate the guys dilemma, this whole article just seems to endorse extreme selfishness.

Legia asking for a play off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28732601

I'm torn on this. Whilst I really sympathise with Warsaw, rules are rules and if you break them you get punished.

I can see both sides of the argument to honest but what sways me more towards Warsaw is he had served the ban and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) he played the last 4 minutes of the second leg so he's hardly had any bearing on the result. Not like they can say we might of scored 5 if he never played is it.

But still, rules are rules.

UEFA have fucked up as well because they have a representative to sort things like this at games don't they?

Feel really really sorry for Legia like and the honourable thing for Celtic to do would be to stand down and give the place back to them but with the amount of money we're talking here for either club to lose I can see why they aren't.

Celtics board will do what's right for Celtic and have the attitude of they done everything correct if Legia can't that's their lookout.

Really tough call this one.

Maybe Celtic could play and give say a third of the money they receive to Warsaw or something? I realise that's not going to happen but at least it would soften the blow.

Edited by Paddock

I'm torn on this. Whilst I really sympathise with Warsaw, rules are rules and if you break them you get punished.

I can see both sides of the argument to honest but what sways me more towards Warsaw is he had served the ban and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) he played the last 4 minutes of the second leg so he's hardly had any bearing on the result. Not like they can say we might of scored 5 if he never played is it.

But still, rules are rules.

UEFA have fucked up as well because they have a representative to sort things like this at games don't they?

Feel really really sorry for Legia like and the honourable thing for Celtic to do would be to stand down and give the place back to them but with the amount of money we're talking here for either club to lose I can see why they aren't.

Celtics board will do what's right for Celtic and have the attitude of they done everything correct if Legia can't that's their lookout.

Really tough call this one.

Maybe Celtic could play and give say a third of the money they receive to Warsaw or something? I realise that's not going to happen but at least it would soften the blow.

rules are rules but if they're not enforced by the body supposed to enforce them, you shouldn't be held accountable. Especially in this case as it was 2 minutes at the end of the 2 legs and Celtic were 6-1 down.

UEFA screwed up, they should be held accountable.

A horrible situation all round. Hope they get all support they need.

Sympathy for him tends to wane for me when some of the background is taken into account.

He was a UKIP candidate (bad enough in itself for me) who refused to campaign in Camden because there were, "too many gays" there.

"I'm not homophobic but in public let's live a proper moral life - I think that's important.

"I don't think they [gay people] do a lot for society. I don't have a problem with gays, what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality.

"I'm more for traditional family values and family life."

Also, he talks about how brilliant his wife/family have been in keeping it secret, and how he'd have liked to have disappeared into obscurity.

But now he's sold his story to the Mirror; my sympathy is rapidly running out.

Sympathy for him tends to wane for me when some of the background is taken into account.

He was a UKIP candidate (bad enough in itself for me) who refused to campaign in Camden because there were, "too many gays" there.

"I'm not homophobic but in public let's live a proper moral life - I think that's important.

"I don't think they [gay people] do a lot for society. I don't have a problem with gays, what I have a problem with is them openly flaunting their sexuality.

"I'm more for traditional family values and family life."

Also, he talks about how brilliant his wife/family have been in keeping it secret, and how he'd have liked to have disappeared into obscurity.

But now he's sold his story to the Mirror; my sympathy is rapidly running out.

Never knew that. Quite ironic.

Suppose he was like the US marine dad in American beauty.

I like westy, he doesn't walk round like he's owed a major. Monty just bottled it. Westwood can at least argue he's played more in the tiger era too.

So frustrating though; how can you go into the last round of a major five shots off the lead, birdie the first and then leave birdie putts woefully short at the next two holes? Unforgivable.