IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

A Congolese player has had a fraudulent Rwandan passport and been playing for the Rwandan national team since 2009.

His Rwandan passport has him born on 12 December 1986 and known as Daddy Birori.
His Congolese passport has him born on 13 December 1990 and known as Etekiama Agil Taddy.

CAF have kicked Rwanda out of AFCON as a result and re-instated Congo.

They've also punished Rwanda FA for being disingenuous, they say the thought the player had one form of ID, yet had contacted his club using his Congolese name.

Under CAF's rules, they could be be banned for two years.

It's also very harsh on Libya, they complained back in June that the player was DR Congolese and their 3-0 loss (the player scored a hatrick) still stands.

Just watched England win the women's rugby union world cup final. Better quality than I was expecting. Think if some of them decided to switch codes they could even make super league watchable, maybe they could even teach people how to scrum :P.

Only joking, nothing could make rugby league watchable :lol:.

:67:

Bingo. That's the only reason they appealed - they knew there was no chance of it being overturned but knew it'd be suspended while the appeal was happening and they could get their signings done then.

And the ban doesn't start until the next window anyway, so they're free to do what they want for the rest of this one :rolleyes:.

How is it a set up? Disgraceful behaviour by both Mackay and Moody.

I didn't say the behaviour wasn't disgraceful IF proven to be true (lets remember it's only allegations at the minute) if or once proven true then he should never work in the industry again. But it just seems funny that this has all come to light just as he was on the verge of landing a new job.

I wouldn't be surprised if that fella who owns Cardiff has held all this back and dropped it at the right time to explode the bombshell. The timing has been all to convenient for me.

Looking back, "set up" was probably not the best phrase to use to be fair but the sad thing about it is these 2 are probably only the tip of the iceberg, this type of behaviour probably goes on on a wide scale range right across the world of football from managers to back room staff to agents and probably even players as well.

I'm not saying for one minute it's every player, agent etc ut the world is full of bigots, racists, narrow minded knob heads and just because people are involved in football doesn't mean it doesn't go on.

If this turns out to be true (and there's no smoke without fire to be fair) I hope it has a Jimmy Saville type domino effect and they all get blown out the water.

I think moat definitely though that the Cardiff chairman has been sitting on this until now. And if he has, he's just as bad as he should have blown the whistle straight away.

Of course my Inspector Morse skills could be way off like but that's what I reckons happened.