IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

See Ben Flowers assault in the super league final? Absolutely horrific. Should get time for that.

When both sets of coaches are talking "hatred" between the clubs up front I'm not surprised, though not seen it because I have no interest.

But I thought the build up was pathetic, much like the infantile rhetoric that leads up to big boxing nights. Can you imagine Roberto saying, "We hate Liverpool" pre derby?

When both sets of coaches are talking "hatred" between the clubs up front I'm not surprised, though not seen it because I have no interest.

But I thought the build up was pathetic, much like the infantile rhetoric that leads up to big boxing nights. Can you imagine Roberto saying, "We hate Liverpool" pre derby?

It's bad, 6ft plus 17st meat heat knocks a smaller bloke out and punches him whilst he's unconscious on the floor.

The fucking idiot cost us the game as well. Honestly, if I was Shaun Wane (the coach) I'd be telling him to look for another club. Two minutes in and he does that.

Completely agree.

The St Helens guy does have a cheap shot first and if he had just hit him back he might have only been looking at a sin bin, but to then jump on top of him and punch him again just shows how much of a cock he is.

He's got a six month ban.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/29612687

But as most of that will be off-season it's really less than half that.

It's two pre-season games, nowhere near half of it.

Edit - I read your post wrong. You meant the actual time out, rather than games.

Edited by Romey 1878

It's two pre-season games, nowhere near half of it.

Edit - I read your post wrong. You meant the actual time out, rather than games.

Yeah, I did; when does next season actually start out of interest?

Edit: Forget that, just seen the article has updated and it amounts to ten league games, lucky lad.

Good to see Wigan accept the verdict and say they won't appeal, they've handled the whole incident well; take note Liverpool.

How's this for a hard-luck story.

Hallam FC (second oldest football club in the world playing at the oldest ground in the world) have had a rotten start to the season in the Toolstation Northern Counties league East division. Played eleven, lost eleven; scored nine, conceded thirty-seven.

So probably not much room for optimism for the visit of Clipstone (played ten, won ten; scored twenty-eight, conceded six) on Tuesday night then.

But they start well and get an early goal. Still one up at half time then sensationally (I'm talking this up a bit now :lol:) they double the lead early in the second half, then send the crowd into raptures with a third on sixty-eight minutes! What could possibly go wrong?

The ref abandoning the game because of fog two minutes later, that's what :(.

https://www.hallamfc.co.uk/article.php?news_article_id=313

How's this for a hard-luck story.

Hallam FC (second oldest football club in the world playing at the oldest ground in the world) have had a rotten start to the season in the Toolstation Northern Counties league East division. Played eleven, lost eleven; scored nine, conceded thirty-seven.

So probably not much room for optimism for the visit of Clipstone (played ten, won ten; scored twenty-eight, conceded six) on Tuesday night then.

But they start well and get an early goal. Still one up at half time then sensationally (I'm talking this up a bit now :lol:) they double the lead early in the second half, then send the crowd into raptures with a third on sixty-eight minutes! What could possibly go wrong?

The ref abandoning the game because of fog two minutes later, that's what :(.

https://www.hallamfc.co.uk/article.php?news_article_id=313

Will the game continue at the minute from which the game was cancelled, or will the teams simply play the game over from the beginning?

Agree with Kompany on this, doesn't seem fair to ban away fans when the home team is being punished. Be furious if it happened to us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29716730

I thought the same thing when it was first announced; no way should City have been punished. In fact, it'd have made it even more of a deterrent and punishment for CSKA if City's fans had still been allowed to attend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29759007

Apparently Football Focus have been down this week as well :).

Anyway, the local boys found it a step too far, lost 3-1 but got a crowd of just short of 1,000, which is immense in their "stadium" which normally caters for less than a hundred. £6.50 a head for that plus £18,000 plus prize money sets the club up for years!