IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Kind of sport this I suppose. Just got back fromnthe Echo Arena watching the wrestling. I have absolutely no interest but my 7 year old is hooked. One thing I'll give them is they really know how to put a show on. 3 hours 30 minutes and my 7 year oldwas absolutely enthralled for every single minute. Not seen him that happy or excited ever in my life.

Top top job from them. Hats off and worth every single penny.

The amount of fully grown men there that looked ready to throw their John Cena Y Fronts on stage at any minute was slightly disturbing though. The amount of bored shitless girlfriends I spotted made me think I could have probably took my pick and took them home and banged them senseless any time I wanted.

Each to their own like but grown men taking their birds to wrestling and shouting and sqealing at the wrestlers is wrong in my world.

Kind of sport this I suppose. Just got back fromnthe Echo Arena watching the wrestling. I have absolutely no interest but my 7 year old is hooked. One thing I'll give them is they really know how to put a show on. 3 hours 30 minutes and my 7 year oldwas absolutely enthralled for every single minute. Not seen him that happy or excited ever in my life.

Top top job from them. Hats off and worth every single penny.

No change from when pro wrestling was on ITV every Saturday afternoon back when I was was a kid. It's "kind of sport" in that it's very clever and it appears to be a sporting event but it's entertainment pure and simple.

Yep totally agree but couldn't really think of anywhere else to put it tbh.

Anyway it has changed my opinion of it. Still wont watch it but certainly wont grumvle at spending a small fortune on tickets again and we will defo go back a million percent.

Could probably watch the stuff in the ring, actually went once when I was a kid and enjoyed it, but it's all the fake hype and dreadful acting outside the ring that gets me; mind you that happens to an extent in boxing as well.

Really can't get my around this Ched Evans scenario.

Not everything adds up but for me it all points to an arrogant alpha male who behaved in a way which he believed he could get away with.

Should he be playing for a football team right now? No is my opinion. Yes he has the right to earn a living, but not on a pitch in front of paying fans, many of whom look up to the players. He had 2 appeals rejected, and there must be very good reason for that.

Could probably watch the stuff in the ring, actually went once when I was a kid and enjoyed it, but it's all the fake hype and dreadful acting outside the ring that gets me; mind you that happens to an extent in boxing as well.

It's cringe worthy, hence my comments about fully grown men looking on in awe. Honest Mike, I was sitting there looking round and there were men almost pissing themselves with excitement, singing "this is awesome" as 3 men in speedos paraded round an absolutely blatantly staged rotine. We had a guy next to us, he was 36 and been going for ten years, he'd took a week off work and come from Cumbria to watch it. He was literally swooning at it shouting to me "where's Kanes teeth? Some over there, some over there" frantically pointing to different places after a drop kick that had missed by a clear two foot. Shocking!!!

I get the kids, it's a bit like believing in Father Christmas isn't it, all the kids looking on in awe to me is acceptable it's all smoke and mirrors and a big game and in my opinion kids lap it up but grown men?

However, each to their own I suppose.

In the late 1940's when I was about 12 or 13, some neighbours took me and my brother to the wrestling at Liverpool Stadium. Even at that age I sussed it was fixed. We went several times and it was more or less the same wrestlers every time. There was one guy called Tommy Tucker whose 'gimmick' was to burst into tears every time he lost a bout. In every bout there was a 'goody' and a 'baddie' and it changed from week to week. Never watched it since.

In the late 1940's when I was about 12 or 13, some neighbours took me and my brother to the wrestling at Liverpool Stadium. Even at that age I sussed it was fixed. We went several times and it was more or less the same wrestlers every time. There was one guy called Tommy Tucker whose 'gimmick' was to burst into tears every time he lost a bout. In every bout there was a 'goody' and a 'baddie' and it changed from week to week. Never watched it since.

It's rubbish John but my 7 year olds hooked. He'll have to and will work it out for himself.

Credit where it's due though they put on a fantastic show.

Really can't get my around this Ched Evans scenario.

Not everything adds up but for me it all points to an arrogant alpha male who behaved in a way which he believed he could get away with.

Should he be playing for a football team right now? No is my opinion. Yes he has the right to earn a living, but not on a pitch in front of paying fans, many of whom look up to the players. He had 2 appeals rejected, and there must be very good reason for that.

I dont know the ins and outs of it but if he has served the sentence that a Judge has given him then he should be able to come back out into the real world and do whatever he can do in terms of employment.

If the sentence doesnt fit the crime then that's the fault of the Judge.

I dont know the ins and outs of it but if he has served the sentence that a Judge has given him then he should be able to come back out into the real world and do whatever he can do in terms of employment.

If the sentence doesnt fit the crime then that's the fault of the Judge.

With Bailey on this. Done the crime, served the time; the fact that he's a footballer rather than a plumber shouldn't affect his job prospects.

No change from when pro wrestling was on ITV every Saturday afternoon back when I was was a kid. It's "kind of sport" in that it's very clever and it appears to be a sporting event but it's entertainment pure and simple.

I couldn't stand it, but my dad would be glued. He'd laugh every time that an opponent went for Mick McManus' cauliflower ears.

It's cringe worthy, hence my comments about fully grown men looking on in awe. Honest Mike, I was sitting there looking round and there were men almost pissing themselves with excitement, singing "this is awesome" as 3 men in speedos paraded round an absolutely blatantly staged rotine. We had a guy next to us, he was 36 and been going for ten years, he'd took a week off work and come from Cumbria to watch it. He was literally swooning at it shouting to me "where's Kanes teeth? Some over there, some over there" frantically pointing to different places after a drop kick that had missed by a clear two foot. Shocking!!!

I get the kids, it's a bit like believing in Father Christmas isn't it, all the kids looking on in awe to me is acceptable it's all smoke and mirrors and a big game and in my opinion kids lap it up but grown men?

However, each to their own I suppose.

Father Christmas is all smoke and mirrors????!!!

I couldn't stand it, but my dad would be glued. He'd laugh every time that an opponent went for Mick McManus' cauliflower ears.

Met McManus on a few occasions (I sound like Haf :P); his son had a pub in Guildford and he was often there, he was the ultimate "bad guy" in the ring but was a lovely mild mannered guy in real life.

Guest blueboy122

Wigan have sacked Uwe Rossler.

Can't understand why.. He did well for them last year took them to the play offs and when he took over Wigan were near relegation I think and he got them to Wembley.

He has had a poor run and now they have sacked him.

Its disgusting to be honest.

Can't understand why.. He did well for them last year took them to the play offs and when he took over Wigan were near relegation I think and he got them to Wembley.

He has had a poor run and now they have sacked him.

Its disgusting to be honest.

True, very unfair after he did so well for a season and now felt the wrath after a dodgy run.